Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Fiirst Break-In Ride..........  (Read 32023 times)

Offline badass1000

• Post Master
Re: Fiirst Break-In Ride..........
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2011, 10:47:13 PM »
I got my 09 busa home on a fri night.  put the battery on a charger.  put the battery in the next mourning.  heat cycled it a couple times.  drove it stait to the track 17 miles and drag raced it all day.   :D
it was fun.  :thumb:

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2011, 01:09:19 PM »
That broke it in for sure....... :tu:

My son is a maniac.......he just came home last night from college and is out riding his SV650 today/all day in 45 degree weather...........that is just a tad too cool for me.  I gotta have at least 10 more degrees.  He is 20.........I am 62, and that explains it all........BWA-HA-HA!!!   :)   
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2011, 06:01:01 PM »

My son is a maniac.......he just came home last night from college and is out riding his SV650 today/all day in 45 degree weather...........that is just a tad too cool for me.  I gotta have at least 10 more degrees.  He is 20.........I am 62, and that explains it all........BWA-HA-HA!!!   :)   
I'm with you Dave, needs to be 60 ish at least, but you know many, many years ago during the winter we would have killed for a 45 degree day to ride  :)
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2011, 08:15:22 PM »

I'm with you Dave, needs to be 60 ish at least, but you know many, many years ago during the winter we would have killed for a 45 degree day to ride  :)

I must agree, Rocketgeezer,
                                           I recall coming home from church one Sunday and getting on my '98 ZX 9R and riding it for about 30 miles in 35 degree weather.............once I got off that bike, I had to stand in front of the propane heater just to get the feeling back in my extremities.....and I kept asking myself "Why did you do that?."  Riding was like an obsession.   Now, I will go when it is 55 degrees, but not much colder than that.  Yes, 45 degrees used to be just fine.  I wonder if the blood gets thinner as we get older.........BWA-HA-HA!!!!   :wink:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2011, 08:22:39 PM »
His name is Dave, too. He just thinks alzheimer's by saying he's a geezer dentures he will make social security new friends.  :mrgreen:
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2011, 07:44:49 AM »
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!  Cookie, every time I think of you, it brings to mind Edd Byrnes from "77 Sunset Strip"........'cept he spelled his with a "K".   "Kookie, Kookie, lend me your comb."  Now I am really showing my age...........that was one of my favorite shows on Friday nights as a kid. That and "The Untouchables".   

Hey, not to hi-jack my own thread, but does anyone here know anything about Charlotte Harbor, Florida??  Is is really as nice a place to live as I am hearing??  I am seriously thinkin' of migrating South.  Wifey wants a pool.  Dave wants warmer weather.  And since it is on the Gulf Coast, it may not be as subject to the harsh occasional 500 mph hurricanes the East Coast of Florida sees.  Who lives in Florida that can give me a rough critique of that Charlotte Harbor area? 

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2011, 08:09:55 AM »
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!  Cookie, every time I think of you, it brings to mind Edd Byrnes from "77 Sunset Strip"........'cept he spelled his with a "K".   "Kookie, Kookie, lend me your comb."  Now I am really showing my age...........that was one of my favorite shows on Friday nights as a kid. That and "The Untouchables".    

Hey, not to hi-jack my own thread, but does anyone here know anything about Charlotte Harbor, Florida??  Is is really as nice a place to live as I am hearing??  I am seriously thinkin' of migrating South.  Wifey wants a pool.  Dave wants warmer weather.  And since it is on the Gulf Coast, it may not be as subject to the harsh occasional 500 mph hurricanes the East Coast of Florida sees.  Who lives in Florida that can give me a rough critique of that Charlotte Harbor area?  

Rev Ron is in FL,send him a kite(check your PM's). :tu:

(too damned humid in FL,move out here to SoCal :lol: :tu:)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 08:14:41 AM by piratediverjefff »
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2011, 06:08:47 PM »
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!  Cookie, every time I think of you, it brings to mind Edd Byrnes from "77 Sunset Strip"........'cept he spelled his with a "K".   "Kookie, Kookie, lend me your comb."  Now I am really showing my age...........that was one of my favorite shows on Friday nights as a kid. That and "The Untouchables".   

:mrgreen: Too funny, Dave!
-Chris

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2011, 06:21:45 PM »
How in the world did you dig that up.......?  I love it.  Now I can actually visualize my Emerson 12" portable TV in my old room with the round knobs on the top....one was for channel selection and the other was for volume.....and rabbit ears, of course.

We got channels 4,5,7, and 9 from DC and 11 and 14 from Baltimore, but 11 and 14 were fuzzy due to the distance from Alexandria, Virginia.  And it was all black and white.....that pic you posted must be "colorized".  Anyways, I'll take the car...............he can keep the hair and the teeth and the comb....... :hys:

Wifey wants to know if you are as pretty as Mr. Byrnes........BWA-HA!!!  :tu: 

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2011, 06:33:07 PM »

Hey, not to hi-jack my own thread, but does anyone here know anything about Charlotte Harbor, Florida??  Is is really as nice a place to live as I am hearing??  I am seriously thinkin' of migrating South.  Wifey wants a pool.  Dave wants warmer weather.  And since it is on the Gulf Coast, it may not be as subject to the harsh occasional 500 mph hurricanes the East Coast of Florida sees.  Who lives in Florida that can give me a rough critique of that Charlotte Harbor area? 
Dave, he probably had to google, Ed Burns and 77 sunset strip, because I think that show went off before he was a twinkle :lol:
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2011, 06:42:42 PM »

Dave, he probably had to google, Ed Burns and 77 sunset strip, because I think that show went off before he was a twinkle :lol:

Nah,Cookie's and old fucker like the rest of us. :lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2011, 07:28:46 PM »
 :hys:  I am 62 goin' on 24.............he cannot be that old!!   :bike:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2011, 08:21:18 PM »

Nah,Cookie's and old fucker like the rest of us. :lol:
Sorry Cookie, didn't know I thought you were a younger fart than the rest of us, but still you can't claim any of the afflictions of old fartedness till your 55, like Alzheimer's or CRS syndrome, then again we all have a way to go before we can get away with pinching young women in the ass, and they think its cute because were old

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2011, 08:33:20 PM »
I act and look younger. I have confused my mind and the rest followed. My Mother just screwed up on my birth certificate attempting to hide an affair she had from my Father,, (or who I thought was my Father) :lol: . No one really knows my age. I am not even sure.  :bah: :lol:
-Chris

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2011, 08:38:49 PM »
I act and look younger. I have confused my mind and the rest followed. My Mother just screwed up on my birth certificate attempting to hide an affair she had from my Father,, (or who I thought was my Father) :lol: . No one really knows my age. I am not even sure.  :bah: :lol:

:lol: :thumb:

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2011, 08:53:42 PM »

Chronological age is not an issue, at least I can afford that luxury of thought now that I am an official "senior citizen"........what I am convinced of is that you are just as young as you want to be.......and of that I am certain.   :thumb:

Cookie, I would say you are somewhere between 14 and 67.............probably just about in the middle of those two numbers.  Let's see.........14 + 67 divided by two = 40 years and 6 months.   
 :mrgreen: 

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2011, 09:34:33 PM »

Chronological age is not an issue, at least I can afford that luxury of thought now that I am an official "senior citizen"........what I am convinced of is that you are just as young as you want to be.......and of that I am certain.   :thumb:

Cookie, I would say you are somewhere between 14 and 67.............probably just about in the middle of those two numbers.  Let's see.........14 + 67 divided by two = 40 years and 6 months.   

Are those in Milkman years or Mailman?  :mrgreen:
-Chris

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2011, 10:15:45 PM »

Chronological age is not an issue, at least I can afford that luxury of thought now that I am an official "senior citizen"........what I am convinced of is that you are just as young as you want to be.......and of that I am certain.

:thumb:

You know, this is so much the truth. And if you take Jack LaLanne as an ultimate example; he exercised and eat fresh fruits, vegetables and took proper supplements his whole life and lived until he was 96 years old!!! Could that be any more awesome for any of us that choose the same or better route to health and longevity!

All it takes is determination, will power and the want to change what bad habits have been instilled into ones lifestyle to find that new you!

There is a member here that I can think of like that openly changed his life virtually right in front of us.. His s/n is 'Egbert yuk fooie'.

:arrow:  http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=146249.0

He took his own life in his own hands, examined what was in front of him, stood up to himself, and to those around him and screamed I WILL NOT TAKE THIS ANY MORE,,, and CHANGED! I commend him and his spirit and commitment! Each person has that drive, that desire. They just have to WANT to listen to the voice that will lead them to a new way of life, let it out and do something about it! It is our lives and we can change.

Our minds are stronger than most give credit for. We can do whatever we set out to do no matter how daunting the challenge!

Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to cut all sources of retreat. Only by doing so can one be sure of maintaining that state of mind known as a burning desire to win - essential to success. - Napoleon Hill
-Chris

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2011, 11:41:02 AM »

Are those in Milkman years or Mailman?  :mrgreen:
No, it would be more like the UPS guy or maybe the FED X dude  :hys:

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2011, 10:22:54 PM »
 :D You were there?

DAD!?  :D

Is that you?  :D
-Chris

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2011, 08:51:00 PM »
Ain't been no Milkmen in 50+ years.............Gotta be the Federal Postal Employee.   :hys:

P.S.  Cookie........loved your earlier post.......it is all about choices........and you were dead on the money, pal.   :thumb:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2011, 09:40:26 PM »
Ain't been no Milkmen in 50+ years.............Gotta be the Federal Postal Employee.   :hys:

P.S.  Cookie........loved your earlier post.......it is all about choices........and you were dead on the money, pal.   :thumb:

:lol: :wink: Thanks, Bro. I appreciate the compliment!  :tu:
-Chris