Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Any cool motorcycle/car stuff/events in FLA 2-26/3-6?  (Read 3538 times)

Offline 106mm

• Post Whore
  • 2007 Turbo Hayabusa
Any cool motorcycle/car stuff/events in FLA 2-26/3-6?
« on: February 23, 2011, 06:55:33 PM »
I'll be around Daytona Beach, Tampa, and Orlando. I'll check out Ormond Beach. Besides that, I'm wide open. I'd like to visit anything that has to do with bikes/cars or racing (not NASCAR, though). I've already been to Don Garlits' place alot. Any cool ideas? 
I'll be rockin' a new Chevy Aveo or equivalent, so my dream has been realized. Don't think I won't run the jeebus out of it at any dragstrip I run across.
2007 Turbo Hayabusa
442 hp
Texas Mile 200 mph club

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
Re: Any cool motorcycle/car stuff/events in FLA 2-26/3-6?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 07:48:38 PM »
Let me know how it turns out I am planning a vacation to Daytona around July. :tu:

Offline Rick Gregory

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 08:06:23 PM »
Let me know how it turns out I am planning a vacation to Daytona around July. :tu:

Daytona is over rated, once was ok, and  when the Biker chicks could flash some flesh without getting a ticket or jail. Not any more and the traffic and wait times at any place anywhere near Daytona SUCKS.

lastly anytime after April till Nov it is hot and miserably humid here in Florida- it is not paradise.

But nice now!

Rick

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 08:10:25 PM »

Daytona is over rated, once was ok, and  when the Biker chicks could flash some flesh without getting a ticket or jail. Not any more and the traffic and wait times at any place anywhere near Daytona SUCKS.

lastly anytime after April till Nov it is hot and miserably humid here in Florida- it is not paradise.

But nice now!

Rick
Thanks,Rick we were planning on a cruise but I hear alot of mixed feelings about that also,I have been to Gulfshores,and Destin,just wanted to try something a little diffrent.

Offline 106mm

• Post Whore
  • 2007 Turbo Hayabusa
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 08:31:01 PM »
We will probably fly over the area, both by airplane and helicopter. I also want to find automotive museums and related places.
2007 Turbo Hayabusa
442 hp
Texas Mile 200 mph club

Offline Team Millholland

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 08:59:13 PM »
I work for Kawasaki with the demo rides around the country and we'll be there for Bike Week starting the last week-end you are there. Don't know if you've been to Bike Week but there is a ton of stuff to do and look at.

Suzuki usually has demo rides along with Yamaha, Harley, etc.  We are all set up at the speedway.

Come by our display and I'll buy you a Coke for all your hard work you've done trying to get Wilmington for us to run at!

Danny

Offline 106mm

• Post Whore
  • 2007 Turbo Hayabusa
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 09:03:18 PM »
Deal! Thank you for the kind words.
2007 Turbo Hayabusa
442 hp
Texas Mile 200 mph club