Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: nos first gear lock out  (Read 4773 times)

Offline surfabusa

• New User!
nos first gear lock out
« on: February 25, 2011, 05:46:52 PM »
 had a mechanic here in oz build me a wet nos system on my o6 busa

reflashed ecu now running two maps one for nos one without using a smithbusa switch.. nos cuts in at 3/4 throttle at 4500rpm when nos map switched to on position

my nos controler got fried(long story) and could not be bothered going through the headache of replacing it so now running 100% hit with ecu flashed accordingly

my question is can i stop nos from spraying first gear ( nos lock out) if so what do i need to buy

any help greatly appreciated

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
Re: nos first gear lock out
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 09:00:36 PM »
i used to make something but stopped, this link, 2nd diagram down shows you what to do, you need 2 relays and a couple of diodes, easy cheesy

http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Ron Politically Incorrect

• Post Master
  • Ron Dishop Silencers Dunnellon Fla 352-795-4511
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 09:07:17 AM »
On my Busa I use a Dyna Shift counter, loop the 2-3-4-& 5 gear post together and run the low 12v wire from the nitrous relay from the 2 gear post.
I use the shift counter because I can have the nitrous come on in any gear I want not just in 2nd and stay on.
Along with the shift counter I use Greggs nitrous harness so the ECU can turn my nitrous on @ 6,000 & off @ 10,8000 - with the TPS 85%
You can get one on E-Bay pretty cheap
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 09:14:06 AM by My Busa Is Faster Than Yous : So Just Spray and Pray ! »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline fungames43232

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 01:35:17 PM »
Not sure if this would be what you are looking for, but I run a little thumb push button switch in my switch housing by my throttle.  ECU programmed for the 6k-10800, 85% throttle.  I just don't push the button in 1st gear. 
If it's too fast you're old