Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Stedman Motorsports SRP  (Read 15350 times)

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
Stedman Motorsports SRP
« on: March 17, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »

Also ATTENTION : ADMIN ! Please POST Why MY ACCOUNT with suzukihayabusa.org  is restricted. is there a Personal Reason  ? 

Usually when a business gets an account restricted it's because of complaints from members who were customers. We don't want people to have problems dealing with advertisers so if that's the case they are no longer allowed to advertise here, access to the SALES category is removed, and PM privileges are taken away.

Looking into the results section, I see stedman motorsports srp has had problems in the past. If you believe everything that's posted it would seem that you have done very well for many members, but there are a few that are not satisfied. I won't ask you if it's personal because as a business we are supposed to be unbiased that way, and you should always assume that's the case unless proven otherwise.

You will need to take care of everybody in a prompt and professional manner. Communication will eliminate many problems, just keeping people posted on their orders and answering questions promptly will go a long way towards eliminating future complaints.

If you have the posted issues with customer communication, incomplete shipping, poor packaging and customer support resolved and you are willing to take care of any customers who are not satisfied we will give you a "second chance" to prove that you have changed.
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline Stedman

• Banned
  • Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
Stedman Motorsports SRP
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 02:26:03 PM »
Na It's more Like I stopped advertising with the board because the difference in price per vendor and you tell me to keep my customers informed in whats going on ?  And you have never once told me why I was restricted in almost two years.  And I'm not able to read my pm's  or respond to them... I'm Not going to post a list of people that are on this board now that don't keep up on things...  ( Letting there customer know how things are going ) as you posted...  But if I was still Paying the Money I'd be a good Vendor...

Thanks for finely telling me  your story why I was  !

PS... I Love That hayabusaparts.com domain !!!

Lets See How Fast things can disappear.

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
Stedman Motorsports SRP
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 02:45:54 PM »
Na It's more Like I stopped advertising with the board because the difference in price per vendor and you tell me to keep my customers informed in whats going on ?  And you have never once told me why I was restricted in almost two years.  And I'm not able to read my pm's  or respond to them... I'm Not going to post a list of people that are on this board now that don't keep up on things...  ( Letting there customer know how things are going ) as you posted...  But if I was still Paying the Money I'd be a good Vendor...

Hmm,, I thought you owned that domain name, Jay.  :?

I am betting things get worked out straight away.
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
Stedman Motorsports SRP
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 02:47:55 PM »

Paying advertisers have had their ads canceled and their accounts restricted in the past, so if you were advertising at the time of the restriction your ads would have been pulled and your profile stripped.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

Offline Stedman

• Banned
  • Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
Stedman Motorsports SRP
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 02:59:41 PM »
Show Me where I Have done someone wrong on this board !  And Yes Cookie who the domain name I do but I believe is a Factor in my restrictions.  And Also Who Admin ? I'm Not Posting behind No screen name !

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
Stedman Motorsports SRP
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 03:31:53 PM »
Show Me where I Have done someone wrong on this board !  And Yes Cookie who the domain name I do but I believe is a Factor in my restrictions.  And Also Who Admin ? I'm Not Posting behind No screen name !

Look for yourself, you haven't been banned on purpose so you can still see the topics and reply in the RESULTS board. That's why we have the restricted account setting, to give people a chance to respond while protecting members from doing business with you via the FOR SALE category or personal messages. I looked in there this morning prior to offering to remove your account restriction. There are still members that stated they will not do business with you because of past dealings.

Professional business owners are supposed deal with things in an unemotional way. This seems personal for you. It's not personal on this end, only business. If it was personal you probably would not get a second chance. You were offered another chance this morning, but instead of seizing the opportunity you seem to be getting angry. The board can only go by what is reported to us and what is publicly posted. If you want to be part of the community then deal with things professionally. Getting angry or trying to intimidate only pushes prospective customers away when they see how you go about conducting business such as this.

During my time here I have been trying to keep professional parts and service providers on board as vendors for the good of the community. People will even pay a little more for the peace of mind knowing they are dealing with an upstanding company that supports the board. We don't target people or businesses, we only act on results. Some of your results in past have not been good.

What are you honestly trying to accomplish here?

Offline Stedman

• Banned
  • Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
Stedman Motorsports SRP
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 04:45:31 PM »
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=31600.0
Thats not me Thats  Ken Smith. Boost um
And This One All was corrected http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=146110.0

I was still restricted when I signed on today I have not gotten no second chance  I'm for sure not mad  its I have done way more for this board that you and people post things not knowing what there doing and make me look bad. thats why there bike shop and we just dont  fix our bike at home in the back yard I have sent e mails and placed calls to you Dolphin with no response from you ! over the past year that why I'm posting public.

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
Stedman Motorsports SRP
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 05:17:56 PM »
I'm having a hard time understanding what you are saying here:

... I have done way more for this board that you and people post things not knowing what there doing and make me look bad. thats why there bike shop and we just dont  fix our bike at home in the back yard   ...

I've posted on the topic in the RESULTS board and waiting on a confirming reply from the buyer.

Checking the results board and following threads there would have told you why your account was restricted, it's out there for everybody to see. I'm sorry you didn't get a returned call or email.

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
Re: Stedman Motorsports SRP
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 05:38:47 PM »
Split and moved this thread to the results board.

Offline Stedman

• Banned
  • Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 07:27:44 PM »
Here I search your Postings and here are some of the Links ( Please Read!)

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=127095.0

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=126295.0

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=123653.0

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=113678.0

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=113140.0

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=136389.0

And In regards to That man getting his Parts... Ya he Did and I'm Still weighting on the Parts That I replaced to Come Back ! Now He Should Be restricted as he has not returned my parts... over year now... 

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 11:31:41 PM »
And This One All was corrected http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=146110.0

I have done way more for this board that you and people post things not knowing what there doing and make me look bad. thats why there bike shop and we just don't fix our bike at home in the back yard

Oh man, I knew this day would come...

People post things not knowing what they're doing, and making you look bad? I disagree, if you posted correct instructions for the kit, people WOULD know what they were doing, and in turn, not make you look bad. What about Matt from north Carolina? You installed the kit and "tuned" it. It made too much power, so you pulled a ton of timing out, and the bike ran like crap. Hes had that thing in and out of the shop several times because of stupid issues with the tune.

Im not even gonna say anything about James ultra bike.

My bike, when I had it on the dyno, no matter how we adjusted the FMU, the boosted fuel pressure was maxing out on the fuel pressure gauge the read up to 110psi. Then the dyno operater saw how the fuel system was ran, and about shit a brick. Instead if the fuel rail being tapped in between the fuel pump, and fmu, we had to re run fuel lines so that it was set up like it says to in ghetto kit instructions. Then it would get 90psi fuel pressure under boost.

When I posted under the response with vendors, I think I was pretty nice. I think I was just more relieved that i finally got the kit after stressing out over it, because after I placed the order, and paid the money is when I started hearing, all the horror stories about Jay. Since Ive posted my build, people have been emailing me, even off of other boards asking about the kit, or how to resolve issues with it. I always tell people if they want to wait forever, roll the dice on getting a damaged kit, or one missing parts, barley any tech support, and instructions that don't apply, then go for it. I push RCC, and velocity kits all day long to those people.

Now that I'm far beyond the stage one kit, I look back and think how big of a pain in the ass it was to get everything situated with steadmens kit. Id never do it again.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 11:34:03 PM by murderedout07 »

TURBOLAG: The split second the other guy thinks hes winning.

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 06:44:23 AM »

I have done way more for this board that you and people post things not knowing what there doing and make me look bad. thats why there bike shop and we just don't fix our bike at home in the back yard

Oh man, I knew this day would come...

People post things not knowing what they're doing, and making you look bad? I disagree, if you posted correct instructions for the kit, people WOULD know what they were doing, and in turn, not make you look bad. What about Matt from north Carolina? You installed the kit and "tuned" it. It made too much power, so you pulled a ton of timing out, and the bike ran like crap. Hes had that thing in and out of the shop several times because of stupid issues with the tune.

Im not even gonna say anything about James ultra bike.

My bike, when I had it on the dyno, no matter how we adjusted the FMU, the boosted fuel pressure was maxing out on the fuel pressure gauge the read up to 110psi. Then the dyno operater saw how the fuel system was ran, and about shit a brick. Instead if the fuel rail being tapped in between the fuel pump, and fmu, we had to re run fuel lines so that it was set up like it says to in ghetto kit instructions. Then it would get 90psi fuel pressure under boost.

When I posted under the response with vendors, I think I was pretty nice. I think I was just more relieved that i finally got the kit after stressing out over it, because after I placed the order, and paid the money is when I started hearing, all the horror stories about Jay. Since Ive posted my build, people have been emailing me, even off of other boards asking about the kit, or how to resolve issues with it. I always tell people if they want to wait forever, roll the dice on getting a damaged kit, or one missing parts, barley any tech support, and instructions that don't apply, then go for it. I push RCC, and velocity kits all day long to those people.

Now that I'm far beyond the stage one kit, I look back and think how big of a pain in the ass it was to get everything situated with steadmens kit. Id never do it again.

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with this company.

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 06:49:50 AM »
I'd be interested to hear member's thoughts about the restriction on Stedmans account.

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 08:14:22 AM »
I'd be interested to hear member's thoughts about the restriction on Stedmans account.
I really don't think he would care if you did it. If be did care he would be advertising on the site, or at least giving input, and support for his stuff.

Offline ktw88q

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 08:54:14 AM »
I also got a kit from Stedman !!!  The kit came missing parts dented plenum, fake tial parts. The  bov and external  I was told they were real when I paid. I was missing all my clamps ,one plenum hose missing , turbo gasket ect. I would call and Joe would lie to me jerk me around he knew less about turbos than my 5 year old...

Now after a month plus I did get my real tial parts and a check for $50 to get the hose clamps and bolts ect that were missing...
 Now  you refer to as waiting on parts to get back to you, I know I sent your fake crap back with return tracking numbers!! Jay so it sounds to me as you told others the same about real parts and  and then had to send out the real parts later lol!!! Same fuel problems I had to redo the whole fuel system to function.....So as Rob stated  I always tell people if they want to wait forever, roll the dice on getting a damaged kit, or one missing parts, barley any tech support, and instructions that don't apply, then go for it

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 10:07:33 PM »
I also got a kit from Stedman !!!  The kit came missing parts dented plenum, fake tial parts. The  bov and external  I was told they were real when I paid. I was missing all my clamps ,one plenum hose missing , turbo gasket ect. I would call and Joe would lie to me jerk me around he knew less about turbos than my 5 year old...

Now after a month plus I did get my real tial parts and a check for $50 to get the hose clamps and bolts ect that were missing...
 Now  you refer to as waiting on parts to get back to you, I know I sent your fake crap back with return tracking numbers!! Jay so it sounds to me as you told others the same about real parts and  and then had to send out the real parts later lol!!! Same fuel problems I had to redo the whole fuel system to function.....So as Rob stated  I always tell people if they want to wait forever, roll the dice on getting a damaged kit, or one missing parts, barley any tech support, and instructions that don't apply, then go for it

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 04:02:41 PM »
I guess he really doesn't give a fuck. Pretty sad.

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 06:01:05 PM »
I love how he argued with the ADMIN all day long and as soon as his real CUSTOMERS spoke up he has since vanished  :tool:
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 08:54:18 PM »
I love how he argued with the ADMIN all day long and as soon as his real CUSTOMERS spoke up he has since vanished  :tool:
:yes:  :stupid:

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 10:14:11 PM »
i have never delt with the guy but i can usually pick an idiot out of the crowd what i see one
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline Badfastbusa

• Rider
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 08:08:42 PM »
I just dealt with them on a set of crower I beam rods and a set of sprockets recently and hadn't seen this post....

Well, heres the deal, ordered and paid for a set of crower I beam rods on a monday and needed the rods by friday (saturday at the latest I told Jay), called back on tuesday evening to order some sprockets for my customers bike who had just dropped his bike off, and checked to see if the rods were sent out because I never got a tracking # on the rods, he said they were shipped tuesday morning but one of his "idiot" shop hands sent them and he forgot to get a tracking #, I told him again that I needed those rods by no later than saturday even if they had to next day air ship. Called back thursday  after trying to reach him all day wednesday with no return calls or answers, and he said that he would go ahead and send another set of rods next day air (still hadn't sent the sprockets yet and wanted to save shipping by sending them with the rods, which was fine, as long as they got here by saturday at the latest), and they ended up getting shipped next day at the end of business time on friday (which was to late for saturday delivery), that next monday was a holiday, so I got the rods and the sprockets on the next tuesday, which through my bike build off, and had an excellent customer of mine (who is a monster of a man BTW) completely pissed because I had his bike from tuesday all the way to the next tuesday just putting sprockets and a swingarm on his bike, which should have been a few hour job once I had the parts in hand.  

Here is the rest of the story, he said that he put a stop and return ship order on the first set of rods through usps, which never arrived here BTW, which is hard to believe seeing as I have tried to do this on 3 different occasions and it has NEVER worked either because the post office people said that there is no such thing, or because they tried and it didn't work, but I guess it worked for him because the other set of rods that were supposedly sent on tuesday morning never arrived, and he didn't put the stop ship order in till friday, which should have been how long it took to get from him to me via priority shipping...

Moral of the story, I may have got lied to a time or 2 (maybe not, who knows), but I did get the rods and sprockets that I ordered and they were shipped friday like he said "next day air" which he paid for out of his pocket to offset the screw up, and he also gave me a HELL of a deal on the rods and the sprockets. So all in all, it ended up working out and had I not been in a crunch for time, I wouldn't have minded at all seeing as the HELL of a deal I got on the parts...

Would I deal with Stedman again and give them a second chance? Probably, but not if I was in a crunch on time for something. I will more than likely try them one more time on something small just to see if everything works out correctly and see if this might have just been a fluke.

I know shit can get in the way sometimes for a busy shop (which unfortunately can kill their reputation via the information super-highway), and I had some stiff deadlines that needed to be met, so I think it can be over looked, but that goes without saying that I was pretty pissed that I had a lot on the line with my schedule and should have ordered the parts before this so I wouldn't have been in a crunch for time, and my needs didn't end up getting met in time. Jay was very nice to deal with every time I did get him on the phone though, even when I was less than nice to talk to because I was in a stressful time crunch for both my own personal bike build and a customers of mine's bike which I was remodeling.

Lastly, I hope they get their stuff straight that they need to and get back to "good to deal with" status on all of the boards, because Jay seems to really be a cool guy and pretty knowledgeable as well, and when you have him on the phone, he seems like he really wants to help you out instead of just be there with his hand out to get your money, which is damn hard to find out of any business these days and I appreciate a hell of a lot.

As far as my opinion on restrictions, I think the guy should be given a chance to make wrongs right, and if he don't choose to do that, THEN move forward with further actions. That is just my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 08:20:04 PM by Badfastbusa »
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa
HBRRacing built turbo engine
Velocity Stage 2 Turbo w/AMS1000 boost controller
HAYSMACHINEWORKS 6 arm prostreet convertable clutch

Offline Badfastbusa

• Rider
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 09:36:46 AM »
EDIT TO YESTERDAYS POST, I FIGURED SOMETHING OUT THIS MORNING THAT I AM PISSED AS HELL ABOUT!!!!

Well, let me add a little more to this fiasco, I asked the guy several times when ordering if the rods that he is sending me have the upgraded 280k psi 5/16 rod bolts and he gave me several definitive yeses, I find out today that they are the standard 220k psi rod bolts and my damn motor is already together and in my freaking bike with the turbo on and everything. I called this morning to talk to him and he conveniently wasn't there after stating to the other asshat that works there that never knows his ass from a hole in the ground what the problem was.  Fuck these guys, burn their asses to the ground. He is going to get an ear full as soon as I can get him on the phone.  So much for the great fucking deal.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 12:15:46 PM by Badfastbusa »
2007 Suzuki Hayabusa
HBRRacing built turbo engine
Velocity Stage 2 Turbo w/AMS1000 boost controller
HAYSMACHINEWORKS 6 arm prostreet convertable clutch

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2011, 09:42:01 AM »
EDIT TO YESTERDAYS POST, I FIGURED SOMETHING OUT THIS MORNING THAT I AM PISSED AS HELL ABOUT!!!!

Well, let me add a little more to this fiasco, I asked the guy several times when ordering if the rods that he is sending me have the upgraded 280k psi 5/16 rod bolts and he gave me several definitive yeses, I find out today that they are the standard 220k psi rod bolts and my damn motor is already together and in my freaking bike with the turbo on and everything. I called this morning to talk to him and he conveniently wasn't there after stating to the other asshat that works there that never knows his ass from a hole in the ground what the problem was.  Fuck these guys, burn their asses to the ground. He is going to get an ear full as soon as I can get him on the phone.  So much for the great fucking deal.

Same old Stedman.... :td:
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline caddylt1

• Post Whore
  • "Its not the tires screaming, its the tarmac"
    • GarageSpec Magazine
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 10:50:48 AM »
why would you deal with Stedman anyways?  Lots of other good people out there to spend your money with.  I saw a stedman kit blow the fuck up once at my old shop.  It seemed very cheaply manned.  Ive read other things that they use other peoples parts and half assed thrown together kits.  The reason the gsxr blew was due to maxing out injectors due to fuel pressure....I assume now that it may have been due to the same situation mentioned above.  At anyrate we lost a customer becasue it blew on our dyno and of course it was "our fault"  even though we didnt do the install...

RCC or bust in my opinion.

I love how he cut the fuck out of this thread real quick.....
Gen I Turbo/Intercooled
RCC Turbo/MCXpress Intercooler
Fab and Tuned by Williford Racing
Head by Port Tech
Hays T3 Convertible
64 inch wheelbase
8 Second "kinda" Streekbike