Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Mojave Mile  (Read 79236 times)

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
Re: Mojave Mile
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2011, 12:00:44 PM »
I'm anxious to hear what the cause is so that we can all learn from it.

Offline entropy

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2011, 12:04:58 PM »
I'm anxious to hear what the cause is so that we can all learn from it.

:thumb:
Often wrong, but never unsure!!!!!

Offline WildBro

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Whore
  • NO Fairies Here
    • Wild Bros Racing
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2011, 12:49:46 PM »
Tom we are not what caused the accident, yet. We did not get a time slip as he went down right before the traps. It was a very very fast pass, when Scott Horner and I pulled the GPS from the bike I took a picture and this is what we saw.

This picture is ridiculous, you insult ALL of us by posting it to let us assume his speed and you are a fool if for an instant you think he was any where near that speed.   :ssht:

I am very glad John is OK.

Bill

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2011, 01:55:27 PM »
There is a reason that The SCTA outlawed dustbin fairings.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph
HP by Carpenter & Johnny Cheese  Engine by Knecum
SponsersCATALYST COMPOSITES,JOHNNY CHEESE,KNECUM RACING ENGINES,MURRAY EXHAUST,CARPENTER RACING

Offline Super Streetbike Magazine

• Rider
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2011, 02:05:51 PM »
There is a reason that The SCTA outlawed dustbin fairings.

There were 4 in our group from SSB who all had the same reaction when we first saw the rolling egg—it was going to end badly. Fortunately John's OK, but that setup looked a bit too unproven for the application.

Offline joea

• Post Whore
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2011, 02:17:58 PM »

...talking about a "setup being too unproven"...to a gentlemen who likely has more lsr time under
his belt than anyone out there....think about it.......

everyone cant be a "FOLLOWER"....

SSB im sure you mean WELL to all, myself and im sure others are abit sensative..about these things...

lets show some respect....

Joe

ex busa owner
not worthy

• Rider
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2011, 02:23:56 PM »

...talking about a "setup being too unproven"...to a gentlemen who likely has more lsr time under

SSB im sure you mean WELL to all, myself and im sure others are abit sensative..about these things...

Joe

How is commenting that something looked dangerous being disrespectful? I talked to John 5 minutes before his run and and gave him nothing but the utmost respect, and was horrified by the outcome.

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2011, 02:25:57 PM »
SSB, how did you do?
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph
HP by Carpenter & Johnny Cheese  Engine by Knecum
SponsersCATALYST COMPOSITES,JOHNNY CHEESE,KNECUM RACING ENGINES,MURRAY EXHAUST,CARPENTER RACING

• Rider
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2011, 02:43:41 PM »
SSB, how did you do?

Pretty disappointed; rolled the 'Busa off the truck and got a 213 first pass, but apparently bent a throttle body blade so the day was over. It was a really soft run and just a shakedown to make sure nothing was going to fall off or break (we have a lot of untested parts on the bike so it was a little spooky).

Wife got 95, 97, 95 on her Ninja 250, and the ZX-10 got hung up on the factory speed limiter all three runs, despite swapping out ECUs.

We'll be back in OCT to break some records with the Ninja 250 and lay down some strong runs on the Busa.

Met some great folks from the .org there!

Offline WildBro

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Whore
  • NO Fairies Here
    • Wild Bros Racing
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2011, 02:53:25 PM »

Joe

Joe,
since he was there, he may be commenting on what he saw/heard first hand...john's gloves hitting the fairing so it was hard to maneuver.... the windshield been wrong and he could not see(all from the 1st pass).
John is no rookie, but maybe something worst.... someone that went fast once in the past and now trying to play catchup with out walking through the necessary steps and knowledge.

Bill

Offline isiahstites

• Post Whore
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2011, 03:16:18 PM »
Bill - Very unclassy post, I mean is it really necessary to name call with the emoticons?

I have lost respect for you as a person with a crappy post like that. I thought you had more tact than you just displayed.
I particulary love how you say I insult ALL and not just you. I find it quite weak that you attempt to rally the troops to try and drive home a point.

An FYI, I think you have been LSR racing about the same time as I have and you have obviously done much much better than I have. Let's keep something in mind, something I learned very early on when I started racing, records are meant to be broken. Someday you or one of the other heavy hitters will break your 278 mph speed. Are you gonne be ok with that if it's not you? Because you seem awfully threatned.

Tom we are not what caused the accident, yet. We did not get a time slip as he went down right before the traps. It was a very very fast pass, when Scott Horner and I pulled the GPS from the bike I took a picture and this is what we saw.

This picture is ridiculous, you insult ALL of us by posting it to let us assume his speed and you are a fool if for an instant you think he was any where near that speed.   :ssht:

I am very glad John is OK.

Bill

Seek to understand, then to be understood.

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2011, 03:19:28 PM »
Anyone know how fast he was going when he went down? Yesterday I read around 1/2 track, now more torwards the end. There's only a handful of guys that have been over 250 and we don't need to lose ANYONE. We may not all always get along but I have respect for all that have achieved anything over 250, we're special and not in a tard kind of way.

Offline WildBro

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Whore
  • NO Fairies Here
    • Wild Bros Racing
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2011, 04:06:51 PM »
Bill - Very unclassy post, I mean is it really necessary to name call with the emoticons?

I have lost respect for you as a person with a crappy post like that. I thought you had more tact than you just displayed.
I particulary love how you say I insult ALL and not just you. I find it quite weak that you attempt to rally the troops to try and drive home a point.

An FYI, I think you have been LSR racing about the same time as I have and you have obviously done much much better than I have. Let's keep something in mind, something I learned very early on when I started racing, records are meant to be broken. Someday you or one of the other heavy hitters will break your 278 mph speed. Are you gonne be ok with that if it's not you? Because you seem awfully threatned.

Scott,
I stand by the insult you made of posting such a stupid speed for people to think he was going.  I see now you have no concept of that number or any number close to it. Where is John on all this, I bet he will admit that this his not the speed he was going when he went down (but I know him well enough that he is laughing that people are thinking its true)

This has nothing to do with my speed, I didn't even think of that, just the fact its out right wrong, foolish and insulting to people that know better. 

I hold no grudges, feel free to apologize to me when we meet in person.

Bill

Offline isiahstites

• Post Whore
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2011, 04:55:46 PM »
Bill - There will be no apologies from me.........none! If anything maybe you should reread your post where you decided it was tactful to call someone a name. Outright just childish on your part, nothing more nothing less, I thought you were bigger than that. If anyone owes anyone an apology it is you that owes me an apology for the unwarranted name calling BS.

And after you are done rereading your post reread mine, I never said John went 314 mph. I never said he went any speed, I merely stated this is what the GPS showed when we removed it from the bike. You read into it how ever you like Bill, I don't really care what you think, but I do know that in some way you are bothered by the fact that their are several people out there who can and will give you a run for your money. It shows in some of your posts here and on other sites.

Scott,
I stand by the insult you made of posting such a stupid speed for people to think he was going.  I see now you have no concept of that number or any number close to it. Where is John on all this, I bet he will admit that this his not the speed he was going when he went down (but I know him well enough that he is laughing that people are thinking its true)

This has nothing to do with my speed, I didn't even think of that, just the fact its out right wrong, foolish and insulting to people that know better.  

Bill

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 05:01:45 PM by isiahstites »

Offline WildBro

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Whore
  • NO Fairies Here
    • Wild Bros Racing
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2011, 05:06:45 PM »
And here we go with the back tracking I was waiting for (and pushed for) Thank you!  This would be your apology, thank you for that also.
Reply #77 were I state you posted the pic to let others assume the speed.   
I am looking forward to competition... not this made up shit.   I look forward to it so much, I'll see you in Oct @ Mojave.

Bill

Bill - There will be no apologies from me.........none! If anything maybe you should reread your post where you decided it was tactful to call someone a name. Outright just childish on your part, nothing more nothing less, I thought you were bigger than that. If anyone owes anyone an apology it is you that owes me an apology for the unwarranted name calling BS.

And after you are done rereading your post reread mine, I never said John went 314 mph. I never said he went any speed, I merely stated this is what the GPS showed when we removed it from the bike. You read into it how ever you like Bill, I don't really care what you think, but I do know that in some way you are bothered by the fact that their are several people out there who can and will give you a run for your money. It shows in some of your posts here and on other sites.

Scott,
I stand by the insult you made of posting such a stupid speed for people to think he was going.  I see now you have no concept of that number or any number close to it. Where is John on all this, I bet he will admit that this his not the speed he was going when he went down (but I know him well enough that he is laughing that people are thinking its true)

Bill

Scott,

Bill
[/quote]

Offline Jay

• Post Master
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2011, 05:32:10 PM »
SSB, how did you do?

Met some great folks from the .org there!

It was great to meet you guys.

Offline joea

• Post Whore
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2011, 05:36:47 PM »
Bill, this is a touchy subject matter for so many reasons as you likely well know...:)...

when i see SSB on one hand ask for simple advice on gearing...then on the other hand indicate a level of expertise about "unproven designs" relating to lsr...then i feel
compelled step up and say something...

especially when so many are involved with lsr rules..and isolated incidence of whatever type, and folks running around like their experts influencing others with hysteria often
based on very little knowledge...ie the tire situation....

ie..if someone came on here and asked about what chain to run, then saw lets say a new engine/turbo configuration on you bike...and you had an engine problem...then the folks
asking about chain advice come on and say yeah our group new that engine package was going to end badly..and " that setup looked a bit too unproven for the application"...then i would likely
step up and say something...

especially knowing so many variables at play...ie the Ack liner went down many years ago...and folks would argue like they have implicit knowledge that the design this and that...then the same basic  design sets the world
land speed record years later...

additionally Bill, I apreciate your earlier post regarding being cautious about the speed insinuated etc.....

Joe :)

ex busa owner
not worthy

Offline isiahstites

• Post Whore
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2011, 05:37:03 PM »
So as you stated you play games on the internet? You pushed for something and feel you got it? Even more immature, I used to look up to and respect you and what you have done, but you have really shined through today Bill.

As far as competion is concerned you shouldn't have any problem walking all over my stock 05' Hayabusa, she only has slip-ons and a reflash of the ecu, I went 168 in fifth gear yesterday so if I try hard I might hit 180 mph, but I will need you to spot me 100 mph.

And here we go with the back tracking I was waiting for (and pushed for) Thank you!  This would be your apology, thank you for that also.
Reply #77 were I state you posted the pic to let others assume the speed.   
I am looking forward to competition... not this made up shit.   I look forward to it so much, I'll see you in Oct @ Mojave.

Bill

Scott,

Bill

Scott,

Bill
[/quote]

• Rider
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2011, 05:44:53 PM »
Bill, this is a touchy subject matter for so many reasons as you likely well know...:)...

when i see SSB on one hand ask for simple advice on gearing...then on the other hand indicate a level of expertise about "unproven designs" relating to lsr...then i feel
compelled step up and say something...

especially when so many are involved with lsr rules..and isolated incidence of whatever type, and folks running around like their experts influencing others with hysteria often
based on very little knowledge...ie the tire situation....

ie..if someone came on here and asked about what chain to run, then saw lets say a new engine/turbo configuration on you bike...and you had an engine problem...then the folks
asking about chain advice come on and say yeah our group new that engine package was going to end badly..and " that setup looked a bit too unproven for the application"...then i would likely
step up and say something...

especially knowing so many variables at play...ie the Ack liner went down many years ago...and folks would argue like they have implicit knowledge that the design this and that...then the same basic  design sets the world
land speed record years later...

additionally Bill, I apreciate your earlier post regarding being cautious about the speed insinuated etc.....

Joe :)

We went out to have fun at Mojave, not "race," OK?
And yeah, that Airtech setup John was running looked hillbilly as hell.  That's not "indicating a level of expertise" about anything, that's called an observation.

Offline TURBO KING

• Fast Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2011, 06:01:24 PM »
I am VERY VERY happy John is ok!  We will be praying for him and Michelle.  I almost had a heart attack when I heard.

Kaz is right, he has one FAST guardian angel.

I am sure none of these misunderstood internet comments would lead to any disagreements if we were all hanging out at a Mexican restaurant eating dinner and talking.

There is no way to tell someone's intent and inflection from our posts.  I know I have made many a post I regreted because it came across much differently than I intended and was misconstrued.  I lost track of my apologies a long time ago.  No one's perfect.

I am sure we would all get along. 

We all have the same things in common on here. 

We are all really glad John is ok and we all love our sport.

Walt
RCC Super Ultra Kit
Harry's Case/Head Mods
Built, tuned, ridden and owned by me
635 honest rwhp, capable of more
244 mph at Maxton
Top Speed Overall Maxton 2007
Winner 2007 Super Streetbike Magazine Top Speed Shootout
Thanks Richard, DaveO, Rick

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2011, 06:20:51 PM »
Aside from all this friendly banter ,
who else ran and how did you go
I read a Kawi went over 200 ? anyone else,

Official Site Donor

Offline joea

• Post Whore
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2011, 07:20:06 PM »
SSB per you post :..."We went out to have fun at Mojave, not "race," OK?
And yeah, that Airtech setup John was running looked hillbilly as hell.  That's not "indicating a level of expertise" about anything, that's called an observation."

im sure your stuff is very shiny and professional....:)...let me assure you that many "hillbilly" appearing things have set some unsurpassed world land speed records...

Joe :)...
ex busa owner
not worthy

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2011, 07:31:20 PM »
We all are smart enough to relize John didn't and couldn't go that fast in a mile..  Im just glad he is ok!!  So was this bike suppose to go to Bonneville this year... or is that a concrete/asphalt bike? 

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2011, 07:32:59 PM »
SSB per you post :..."We went out to have fun at Mojave, not "race," OK?
And yeah, that Airtech setup John was running looked hillbilly as hell.  That's not "indicating a level of expertise" about anything, that's called an observation."

im sure your stuff is very shiny and professional....:)...let me assure you that many "hillbilly" appearing things have set some unsurpassed world land speed records...

Joe :)...

So true!!!

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2011, 08:21:11 PM »
Glad he is OK :)

Looking forward to October!

Dean 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 08:43:42 PM by zrxdean »