Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: how much horsepower????????? dynoed and was not happy!!!!  (Read 24051 times)

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: how much horsepower????????? dynoed and was not happy!!!!
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2011, 11:44:52 AM »
Picking up 4 tenths is pretty solid gain. Now get it dialed in and I'll bet you will have the 8 sec pass very soon. How long is the bike? If your familiar with time slips then you already know this info but, knock your 60ft down (example) from 1.50 to 1.45 and right there you have your 8.99 pass. My old bike was set up to use 4 gears and once I tried more gear and couldnt match the times I ran with less gearing. Couldnt hold the bike down was the problem.

If he ran 9.10 and he knocks off .05 from his short time, how is that an 8 second pass? He'd have to knock more than another .05 off in the rest of the pass somehow to get it, in addition to teh .05 in the 60'.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2011, 04:15:19 PM »
Because taking off that much from your 60 will double the time you take off through the rest of the run. If I go from a 1.50 60 ft and next pass all else the same, lay down a 1.46 short( yes less than .05) i will pick up a tenth. You just dont gain to that point and it stays the same the rest of the run, you keep gaining. Do you  not race? If not then i understand how it could sound strange but time slips will show this time and time again. No pun intended on the time thing. :lol:

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2011, 04:37:43 PM »
one tenth on your 60 foot is good for 2 tenths on the big end 1/4 miles kinda a rule of thumb  :tu:

Offline glenn71

• Post Master
  • Gen 1 stock length allmotor tragic
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2011, 05:33:06 PM »
Ive found 1 tenth on the 60 is about 1.8 tenths
By the 330 and the rest from the 330-1320.
Gen1 the original and the best
8.76@165.42mph so far

Offline Pat Dietrich

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • 8.6 @ 160 all motor
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2011, 05:31:04 AM »
Ive found 1 tenth on the 60 is about 1.8 tenths
By the 330 and the rest from the 330-1320.

Going to look at some old slips and see what my show. Just know I have seen it happen. Now obviously on those passes I may have hit my mark on gear change better then the runs before. But guess my point is all Madracer needs to do is practice practice practice. At 8 over, he should be high 1.30s when he gets it down and easily running 8's  :tu:

Madracer- quit screwing around and launch that sucker :mrgreen:

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2011, 06:07:01 PM »
1 tenth in the 60' equals two tenths on the other end for sure,works every time,comparing two clean runs obviously.

Offline madracer3600

• Rider
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2011, 04:24:55 PM »
went again this weekend to a local track had 1.45 on the back wheel(not sure whether or not front wheel clipped sensor) but track was shhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ty(pad was great) and started spinning with the front wheel up in the air and slammed down right as i got off the pad. What kind of rpms should i be leaving at?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 04:27:27 PM by madracer3600 »

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2011, 04:48:16 PM »
Everyone has a little different style but I'm stock wheel base just lowered and I leave at around 6k,you have to slide the clutch just don't throw it away. You have to get the throttle locked wide open once you get moving and manipulate the clutch to control power,easier said than done as it just takes practice but you'll get it some easier than others some never get it,lol.

Offline madracer3600

• Rider
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2011, 09:52:22 PM »
i'm leaving at 65 but it seems like it wants to wheelie about 20 to 30 ft out. I was told that as soon as the shock rebounds any it will wheelie. Ok lets open a can of worms. What aftermarket shock should a budget racer run. I currently running a revavled stock shock by litz racing.

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2011, 08:53:00 AM »
I've never seen any consistent difference in improvement from a change in any 1 incremental of the run.Perhaps if it is a fluke run where the short time is very smooth, the 330 is then very smooth, and so on, but I have never seen any indication that a good pass will somehow double an improvement.

I have heard alot of people claim multiplied improvements, but have never seen it. Doesn't make any sense that something done in the 60' can have any affect on how the bike performs on the back half, other than if it was just a good overall pass, and the smoothness of the pass allowed better other incrementals.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2011, 09:21:59 AM »
It's definitely a combination of the 60' and your 330' as they both have to be good to have that killer pass. If your 60' was a 1.60 and you didn't wheelie or have to back out of the throttle and it was a clean run and say you ran a 10.00,then your next pass is a 1.50....60' and the pass was a clean pass like your previous pass,your 330' will obviously be better which is really the key to a good pass,then you probably will have a 9.80 pass,2 tenths fater,works for me most of the time. It's not writtin in stone but in my opinion it's a rule of thumb and I have been down the track enough times to see some consistency more times than not with this formula,just my 2 cents.

Offline madracer3600

• Rider
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2011, 10:04:37 AM »
I've never seen any consistent difference in improvement from a change in any 1 incremental of the run.Perhaps if it is a fluke run where the short time is very smooth, the 330 is then very smooth, and so on, but I have never seen any indication that a good pass will somehow double an improvement.

I have heard alot of people claim multiplied improvements, but have never seen it. Doesn't make any sense that something done in the 60' can have any affect on how the bike performs on the back half, other than if it was just a good overall pass, and the smoothness of the pass allowed better other incrementals.
I bracket raced cars for over 8 years. the 60 foot things does hold true in carbureted cars. a hundred of a sec improvement in the sixty would equate to 1.5 to 2 hundreds of a sec in the 1/8 mile.We could always find something that caused the sixty to change whether it be track temp, outside temp, humidity, and the list goes on. Most of the time the air was better which meant more horsepower. If none of the variables changed i could tell you what the car would run within a couple thousands of a second of its previous pass. But the car was computerized out the wazzzooo.On my bike i think i have too many variables to see a consistent difference. One varible that is not predictable is the loose screw riding it. I agree with the sixty in some applications. In maryland the best sixty came on one of my slower passes.

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2011, 10:37:24 AM »
We all have few loose screws for sure,it's called a speed addiction!! No rehab is gonna fix it either,only the twist of the throttle or mashing of the gas pedal,lol.