Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Fuel for Nitrous  (Read 5748 times)

Offline dozer919

• Apprentice Post Whore
Fuel for Nitrous
« on: May 20, 2011, 10:20:00 AM »
This is the first season ill be spraying. My bike is a full time street/weekend strip bike.

Nitrous system is dry, small stock motor pill. I know with cars, my buddies never sprayed unless they mixed a little race gas in their tanks just for extra insurance, which is what I plan on doing. Is this correct?

So I am thinking that I want my bike tuned on pump gas because its primarily a street bike. But when I spray it I'll mix in some race gas for extra power/insurance. What fuel do you guys recommend?

Offline booyaa

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • M. Garcia... RIP Bro :- (
Re: Fuel for Nitrous
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 10:32:34 AM »
when you say 'small stock motor pill', guessing you are using a 38 jet or smaller? if so then 91 pump is fine, been doin' this for years. Be sure to add more fuel than normal if you have dual sets of injectors as opposed to gen 1s, if we're talking about Busas and I believe the 1ks from 05 and up are the dual injectors set-up.  If you can, use a spray bar.   :tu:

K.I.D. MotorCycle Racer of the Year 2010

Offline dozer919

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 01:26:22 PM »
Yea it will be a 38 or smaller. Its a Gen 1 bike and im not going to tune it myself, ill have it done on a dyno. I am using a spraybar.

If 91 is fine then, what can I mix in with for the drag strip to gain a little?

C16 at 50/50?

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 01:46:34 PM »
Yea it will be a 38 or smaller. Its a Gen 1 bike and im not going to tune it myself, ill have it done on a dyno. I am using a spraybar.

If 91 is fine then, what can I mix in with for the drag strip to gain a little?

C16 at 50/50?

Mix C16 with a bigger jet and it will make more power....
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline dozer919

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 02:25:47 PM »
Well yea I know that much

Offline dragracers

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 10:42:32 PM »
Ok I have run a fogger, spraybar and now a wet system and can tell you if its for street and just play at the track this is some set ups for u to try!!
Stick with a spraybar more bang for ur buck for the power with just a 30 shot, u will see power to play on the street and at the track with just pump gas (94) will help better gas to run!!  :D
50-70 shot will need race fuel for 50 shot c12, 70 shot c16 and a efir box to pull timing!!! on BOTH!!! :bike:
Wet system is need for anything more then a 70 shot and c16 only!!! Way safer!!! :tu:
And all ways get it dyno tested after each change it will save u big bucks..
And now u can do more with a dry shot but haven't tryed it!!!

Hope this will help and let me know how it works out!!