Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Will a performance (Yosh) exhaust off a Gen 1 fit on GenII  (Read 6926 times)

Offline Husky

• Rider
I have a 08 Busa and was wondering if the Gen 1 exhaust (Yoshimura) would fit on a 08 Busa.  I have heard that the exhuast ports are positioned differently and some other people said it fits no problem?

Any first hand knowledge would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • -John- Middleofnowhere, Nebraska
Re: Will a performance (Yosh) exhaust off a Gen 1 fit on GenII
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 04:56:36 PM »
It will fit, however you must make your own mid pipe bracket and move the belly wing over 1/4 inch to the right.

My '08 has a GEN1 KR tuned system on it that 1tail.com advertised as a GEN2 system, then wouldn't take back without charging a 20% restock fee. :evil: :evil:  Wasn't gunna give 1tail.com $280 for their mistake. :evil: :evil:
"You can not escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 06:30:07 PM »
It will work but you may have to trim the belly pan or you will have melted plastics. The head is no problem, its clearance out the belly where things will hit...
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline bikefrk

• Post Whore
  • WestSide,Mi
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 05:52:03 PM »
My 1st Gen Akro is on my 2nd Gen. No belly wing, don't really care about that.

Offline soNso

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 07:04:37 PM »
It will fit, however you must make your own mid pipe bracket and move the belly wing over 1/4 inch to the right.

My '08 has a GEN1 KR tuned system on it that 1tail.com advertised as a GEN2 system, then wouldn't take back without charging a 20% restock fee. :evil: :evil:  Wasn't gunna give 1tail.com $280 for their mistake. :evil: :evil:
That's bs....they'd take it back or gave it up for free....there mistake not mine...

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 12:24:54 AM »
That's bs....they'd take it back or gave it up for free....there mistake not mine...

He probably took it off his Gen-I so he doesn't want to buy another exhaust for the Gen-II if he can make his old system work...

However, depending on the brand...some of the Gen-II systems were redesigned so the old system may not make as much power...
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 04:55:22 PM »

Nope they gave me a few hundred $ back, but refused to take the exhaust system back, I told them I would ship it back on my dollar if I would get a full refund, the answer I got was since the box had been opened a 20% restock fee would be charged (how the hell am I going to know it's the wrong system without opening the box???).     1tail.com had the poorest customer service of any company I have ever had dealings with.   They never answer the phone and take 1-2 full days to reply to e-mail.  This was 2 years ago,  learned my lesson and never deal with a company that does not stock what they sell.
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 04:56:01 PM »

He probably took it off his Gen-I so he doesn't want to buy another exhaust for the Gen-II if he can make his old system work...

However, depending on the brand...some of the Gen-II systems were redesigned so the old system may not make as much power...

No it was new in the box.
-Abraham Lincoln