Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: New Asphalt at the Mojave Mile!  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Mike Borders

• Rider
New Asphalt at the Mojave Mile!
« on: June 20, 2011, 03:37:47 PM »
I have been informed that the project to resurface the runway at Mojave is in progress, and is scheduled to be completed by August 2.  It appears that the entire surface is being redone, including elimination of the concrete areas at both ends that were left over from the original runway length.  Now, we can look forward to the finest racing surface in the country for Standing Mile racing -- 2.5 miles of perfectly smooth asphalt!

This change also opens up a lot of options for us, such as adjusting the start lines to hit the turnoffs at the perfect length for both safety and exiting the course quckly (about 3/4 mile, with another 1/2 mile in reserve as an emergency stopping area, STILL on the runway), in order to get more runs in per day.  It also opens up the possibility of 1.3 mile runs, similar to the length at El Mirage, for either testing for that venue, or even hosting a 1.3 mile event to get more people into the 200 mph club.  We are open to a lot of ideas, like the one in the other post I put up today, so if you have one, don't be shy.

Although we have been quiet as of late, we are definitely NOT resting.  We are working hard on our website transition (going slower than planned) and updating our rules for October.  I will publish shortly a list of the key changes we are making, so you guys can plan your trip.  One major change we're making is that we are limiting the field to 120 entrants for October, and we will open registration at a specific date in the near future (we will announce this date and email everyone on our mailing list, and post it here!), most likely in early July.  We are expecting a full grid, so when you get the notice, be quick to register!

We are looking forward to some real speed in October on his fast new track, and we hope to see everyone there!

Mike B.

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
Re: New Asphalt at the Mojave Mile!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 03:34:01 PM »
:thumb:
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline Texanzone

• Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 11:08:47 PM »
 :thumb:

Offline slatroni

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 07:40:10 AM »
That sounds grate! Sorry I won't be there for the Oct venue, I will be working seven twelve hour days a week. See ya at the one after that!
1397cc brocks 031 cams, APE valve springs, ported head, Muzzys 4-1 full system, PC3USB,4 short stacks, small air box mod, 40 shot of dry N2o. 3-7" extentions zzz chain. I only want to do 200 once........................