Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: help me 02 harness ecu 04  (Read 6747 times)

Offline spencer99

• Rider
help me 02 harness ecu 04
« on: June 21, 2011, 05:23:42 PM »
help ok i have a busa with a 02 harness and a o4 ecu is there a pin i have to move in the harness   it runs without a power commander but u plug it in and it runs like shit its not the power c i no that for sure 

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: help me 02 harness ecu 04
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 06:11:11 PM »
there is nothing that needs to be changed. Are you saying that the bikes runs ok without the power commander plugged in and runs like shit when you plug in the power commander?

It's the power commander causing it. What map is in the power commander? Probably a shitty map.

Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline spencer99

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 06:25:56 PM »
yes the bike runs fine without the power commander plugged in. you plug in the power commander and it runs like shit. I thought it might be the map but the bike is at the tuners and he has tried my map that was in the pc and he tried a brand new pc5 and the bike ran the same way so its not the map either.

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 07:59:47 PM »
Put a zero map in the power commander and see if it is any different with the PC plugged in or not. If it still runs like crap with the PC plugged in vs without it plugged in, throw it over the hill.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.

Offline spencer99

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 08:49:11 PM »
the pc  worked on a different bike 

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 10:18:34 PM »
ok, the Power commander is fine...don't try a simple test to see if it works. Just put it on and ride it even though it runs like crap.

If you ever need any engine parts, like a crankshafts, stock rods, tires or clutch fibers, let me know, I have a pile of them that used to be good too.

If you are so certain that the power commander is fine, but refuse to investigate that it just might not be, even thought the bike run fine without it, but shitty with it, then you are just going to have to ride around with a shitty running bike.

How about you type exactly what  you want to hear, and I or maybe someone else will copy and paste it back in as a reply? Maybe make the font color green for the parts that you want to have copied / pasted so we know exactly the parts to copy and paste.

Offline spencer99

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 10:51:03 PM »
r you trying to be funny did u not read it was on my bike i put it on a different bike and it work fine on his bike read and listen before u run your  mouth and wast mu f-ck time my bike is at a tuner and was see if someone before i pay $100 a hour   thanks

Offline blk02ws6

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 02:27:33 PM »
why would you be paying 100 an hour? thats a little steep for diagnostics.

have you tried putting a different ecu on the bike?

Offline spencer99

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 02:46:04 PM »
No not a ecu he thinks it injection wire will see soon I hope

Offline Chet

• Post Whore
    • Galek Motorsports - Busa Powered Sports Cars
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 01:03:27 PM »
FYI-

r you trying to be funny did u not read it was on my bike i put it on a different bike and it work fine on his bike read and listen before u run your  mouth and wast mu f-ck time my bike is at a tuner and was see if someone before i pay $100 a hour   thanks

Sportbikeryder ( one of the more knowledgeable Busa builders ) trys to help you diagnose your problem with a simple suggestion and you tell him he's wasting your time? What about his time he spent to give you some sensible diagnostic info? He's also not charging you $100 an hour! Please understand that it's always hard to learn something when you don't listen to others opinions.

Troubleshooting normally works best when you have enough info.
When was the last time the engine ran well?
How was it setup then?
What's been changed / "improved" since then?
What throttle bodies are you using?

Why do you have a different year ECU and harness?
Is your ECU a known good stock ECU or has someone possibly flashed it?
- Flashing ECU changes works well only if you know what you're doing.

Please let us know the final resolution.
Thanks
Chet

PS - Sportbikeryder - thanks for trying to help - I've learned a lot from this site over the years thanks to people like you sharing their knowledge.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:07:11 PM by Chet »

Offline spencer99

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 01:18:37 PM »
Well maybe I read.it wrong but it sounded like he was being a wise ass and I dont need to.hear someone telling me they no.someone like me they and not try it 1st if u read the other shit you would.see. it was trued on a different bike and was fine the power cmmander that is so saying throw it away is bull.shit

Offline Chet

• Post Whore
    • Galek Motorsports - Busa Powered Sports Cars
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 01:38:06 PM »
Put a zero map in the power commander and see if it is any different with the PC plugged in or not. If it still runs like crap with the PC plugged in vs without it plugged in, throw it over the hill.

Actually he told you to test it with a zero map to see if it worked before throwing it away.
His suggestion made sense -

We don't know if your bike and the other one are setup the same or have major differences.
We also don't know if you've ever had this setup working on your bike before or what other changes from stock were made.

Please don't give attitude to people who try to help others.

Thanks
Chet

Offline spencer99

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2011, 02:33:52 PM »
1st off what comes in a brand new pc nothing it is empty. As in blank did anyone see that before saying that no. Being a smart ass and thinking they knew It all .has anyone asked me what my set up is no I give help and I listen to people so im not the one being a dick the bike is at a good tuner it has to be a wire someplace all. I need to no is if someone else. Had a problems. Like this dont mater now because he has it and going to try to fix it and most of the time if u have a 02 harness and a 04ecu chance is it a race bike im having enough problem right now I dont need to be getting shit on thank u

Offline glenn71

• Post Master
  • Gen 1 stock length allmotor tragic
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2011, 02:57:47 PM »
Is the black earth wire from the power commander
Fitted to the battery? They run like shit without
That fitted.
Gen1 the original and the best
8.76@165.42mph so far

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 03:13:45 PM »
He's right Chet, I was being a wise ass.

Having an 02 harness and an 04 ecu is nothing special. In fact, there is no difference in an 02 or an 04 ecu as they are the same part number. The harnesses can be different, but the changes really don't matter as far as an engine running is concerned, especially since the ecu is the same part. The main differences are the hand controls, which do not affect the engine running quality.

Spencer99, since your posts are so vague, and you don't seem to want to share any information about your bike, but just think the problem will magically be resolved by chance, I made a wise ass comment. Anyone who types,"has anyone asked me what my set up is no" and is the one who asked for help certainly isn't thinking clearly...if you feel someone should ask you what your setup is, why would you not post that in your original post?

Ok, I'll bite, what is your "setup"?

Maybe it is something totally radical like using a GEN2 ECU on it with ony 4 primary injectors, and controling boosted fueling, shifting, adn antilag all in the GEN2 ecu with a custom wiring harness. If that is the case, there probably isn't anyone that would know how to help you, because things like that are way too advanced for all but the most knowledgable folks.

If you are not willing to ensure that a zero map is loaded into the power commander and try it, I got nothin' for ya.

If you are trying to use a PC3r from an 01 bike and have the ignition hooked up, that won't work either. (I know, you probably aren't doing that either and will get pissed off because I suggested it)

Did you screw around with the injector harness at all for any reason? Like swapping pins on both the injector harness side and the main harness side of the connector, making the same wires mate when plugged together, but not being in the stock location.

Offline blk02ws6

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 03:15:35 PM »
John, your a hell of a guy to even come back to this post.  :tu:

Offline spencer99

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 05:20:41 PM »
im not trying to be a dick the reason i didnt say what my set up is bec 02 -04 are all the same its a 1507 with a 02 harness and a 04 ecu it shouldnt mater what motor bec 02 -04 wires are all the same so this should be a neutral problem  i told u i KNEW it wasnt the pc i have tried it blank and not blank i have put it on a diff bike and it worked on that one my tuner has put two of them on plus a brand new pc 5 with NO MAP in it ITS  NOT THE PC so your telling me to do something i did already and making me look like like a asshole when someone says they no its not that and you keep talking about that what am i supposted to do not everyone is a dumb ass  guess i shouldnt have posted anything.Its a wirer some were and was looking to see if anyone had a problem like this that all   i was just making sure i didnt need to move the pins i didnt think i had too    sorry to everyone whos thinking im a asshole bec im not i just seemed like no one was listening to me when i said that wasnt the problem im getting frustrated its summer i should be racing

Offline blk02ws6

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 07:16:42 PM »
I think your first problem is your grammar and punctuation. people have to read your posts multiple times to get anything out of them.

the more modifications, the more variables. now you say its a 1507. here is the potential questions that would have been brought up had you said that in your original post.

what fuel system is on the bike?
does it have stock injectors?
if it has aftermarket injectors, did you go back and double check the connections.
if yes, have you determined it to be a fuel or ignition problem?
etc
etc
etc.

asking for help is encouraged.
asking for help and then making us guess everything and put up with the poor attitude because of it is not.

good luck getting your issue sorted out.

Offline spencer99

• Rider
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 07:51:18 PM »
well sounds like we were both ass's sorry this is bothering me so much i just want to race before winter comes again lol i haven't race's  since oct sucks       its a after market fuel system inline fuel pump with regulator set at 48 stock injet c16 it seems to be a fuel problem the tuner flashed the ecu dont no exactly what he did yet. he was kinda stumped about this hole thing and even called dynojet with no luck he's going through the wire's asap he's 3 and a half hours away from me so it kinda suck i cant just go there

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 08:14:45 PM »
ditch the power commander and just flash the ecu if the guy tuning it is capable.

What head and cams (lobe centers?)
What pistons
How much spray (I assume you are spraying it or you wouldn't be tuning on C16, unless you had 18:1 compression)
If you are spraying it with anything other than a little pee pee shot, you will likely need bigger injectors, or at least higher than 48psi fuel pressure.
If it is a weldup, be careful with heavy spray. some have the cranks hold up, I broke a crank earlier this year at 338hp. (zero signs of detonation)
If you are spraying it, and have stock rods, it may not last very long.
What model PC are you using (the one you have, not the PC5)

If you are running C16, make a pull without the power commander connected and see what the air fuel looks like.