Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 1000cc bikes vs Busa's  (Read 114237 times)

Offline MslPilot

• Rider
1000cc bikes vs Busa's
« on: July 10, 2011, 09:39:52 PM »
Just outa curiosity, since I bought my Busa(24 hours ago) I have had tons of guys riding basiclly stock R1's CBR1000rr's, and Gixxer 1k's telling me that their bikes would blow my 07 Busa away. All I can really do is laugh because I had an 04 Gixxer 1k, that was very quick. I'm talkin all i could really do to make it faster was boost it or spray it.....and that bike still didn't stand a chance against a Busa....roll on or hole shot. So I guess I wanna know what makes these dip stick's think that they can magically destroy a busa. Now granted, if you throw a ton of money at a litre bike you can make it faster......than a stock or lightly modified busa.....but then what about a highly modded Busa??? I just don't get it I guess..... Alll I can tell these guys is google the numbers they speak for themselves. Oh well, I am much more comfortablt on the Busa and I can tell it's way quicker. I havent really ventured too much into the throttle....but where i have gone so far I have been severly WOW'd!!  :tu:
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline BocaBusa

• Rider
Re: 1000cc bikes vs Busa's
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 10:08:37 AM »
It's a lot rider and mods. I think most basic mods slow you down unless really done right. I have an 02 Busa that was completely stock for 49,000 miles. I think I beat every Busa I ever raced with a pipe and power comander (mine stock). I still have the busa but with a turbo now. I also have an 07 GSXR1000, completley stock. I've never run a stock Busa but have spanked several 1st gen Busas with pipes and power commanders and a zx14. It's mostly rider but the GXSR is badder than most 1000's stock to stock.
I really don't think most of those bikes can beat you but look out for an 05 or newer GSXR1000.
I love it when a 1000 messes with my turbo, they have no clue why they can't hang at all.  :hys:

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 04:49:36 PM »
a good rider on a 1k against a decent rider on a busa will probably be close...not the bmw 1k is a whole different story
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 06:25:22 PM »
I don't know how you guys think the Gen I Busa is all that fast.....it was when it came out up to about 6 years of being king but once the 05 and newer GSXRs came out it was a different story. From my experience, with good but not pro riders, the GSXR1000s would beat the Busa from a dig and more obviously from a roll. Now the 07/08s IMHO were a bit lazy in the mid but still has enough HP to win against the Gen Is. Now the other manfacturers were hit or miss on beating a Busa but most would on a roll.

I have owned 2 Gen Is and still prefer them over most litres but the facts are the facts. Power to Weight ratio dominates on the litres. The BMW is ridiculous in that dept but too much power is hard to use unless the bike it setup properly......

Even the Gen 2 has it tough with the litres. Still best for 1/4 mile IMHO but not everyone primarily race from a dig.

Offline MslPilot

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 07:37:35 PM »
Yeah true, it all has to be done correctly. My GSXR1k was set up and tuned with the PC3 after i had the pipes and everything else put on. I just don't get it, the Busa pulls like crazy at a roll on. I dunno, i guess i'll let you know what happens when my buddies shut their mouths and bring their bikes out. So far it's been just a bunch of talk but when invited to ride they come up with some BS why they can't come.  :td:

Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 08:19:39 PM »
Busa riders typically are from their mid mid 30s and older plus you will find most of us are 200lbs + so when you race a litre bike with a sub 150lb guy on it, your going to be in big trouble. If your as small then you should be close and then it will come down to rider skills.....even on roll-ons I have seen guys suck from shifting to high (which is common) to shifting like an old lady....

Offline glenn71

• Post Master
  • Gen 1 stock length allmotor tragic
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 05:14:12 AM »
Thats why i stripped 60lb out if mine and added 80 hp with a 1507,bring it
On litre bikes,bmw,s included. :D
Gen1 the original and the best
8.76@165.42mph so far

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 08:17:25 AM »
Yea that doesn't hurt....  :hys:

Offline MslPilot

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 10:23:46 AM »
Thats why i stripped 60lb out if mine and added 80 hp with a 1507,bring it
On litre bikes,bmw,s included. :D

How the hell did you get 60lbs off your bike?!

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 01:56:40 PM »
I believe it. I got 52lbs so far and it still looks stock and not raped. Even down to the stock exhaust (sort of LOL). Not hard really just takes money once you get past the easy stuff.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 01:59:53 PM by Busashot »

Offline teezy

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 05:22:25 PM »
How the hell did you get 60lbs off your bike?!

X20000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Pilot- A local shop told my buddies {one with a 06 1k and the other with a 07 busa} that on his dyno they both the 1k and gen 1 busas    put down identical numbers in stock form.

As far as who would win between you and them...... it really will come down to rider,weight and to be honest how both bikes actually run. You can go online and see gen 1's trapping low 130's all the way up to mid 140's. Every bike is different!! All you can do is run them and find out!!

I will tell you this!! We weighed our bikes at the track. The 1k guy is 160lbs and with 1/2 a tank of gas came in at 585lbs. Im 225lbs and with 1/2 tank of gas in my 03 busa I was 750lbs. My other buddy is 260lbs and came in at 785lbs on his 07 busa.

The 1k stretched {62'},drag radial,non- o-ring chain,slip-on,16/44 and strapped has run a best of 9.72@143 {145whp}
The 07 busa stretched {64'} drag radial,baffled dumps,airbox mod,lowered,strapped,16/42 and mapped pc5....9.96@138 {156whp}
My 03 busa {56'} hmf big bird,pc3r not tuned,16/42,air box mod,lowered and strapped.....9.99@142 {163whp}
In the begining I wanted 140's in the 1/4...
never thought it would go 140's in the 1/8

one very pissed off 1397cc we call MR ANGRY

Offline boofoo

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 07:20:08 PM »
Most the liter bike boys read mag's and think they can ride.
It's really a rider race. It also seems to me you see at least 3 bone stock busa's to each thoughtfully mod liter bike.
If you really want to have fun with them regear the busa, and make'em cry.

Offline teezy

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 08:30:33 AM »
If you really want to have fun with them regear the busa, and make'em cry.

HELL YEAH!!
In the begining I wanted 140's in the 1/4...
never thought it would go 140's in the 1/8

one very pissed off 1397cc we call MR ANGRY

Offline MslPilot

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 11:20:25 PM »
Yeah, that's a thought. i had my 04 1k geared super low. very fun to mess around with.

Offline V8Pinto

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 09:41:37 AM »
Adding a real data point to the virtual discussion.

Last Wednesday, my buddy and I lined up his 2008 GSXR1000 against my 2006 Hayabusa at Sacramento Raceway.  His Gixxer is bone stock down to the quiet exhaust, my Busa has intake to exhaust swap and no base gasket, hogged out stock cans, and geared for Bonneville at 18/39). 

Gixxer ran 10.8@146 against my Busa's 10.0@144mph.  My buddy is not an experienced drag racer (on bikes) but I would call him an above average rider.  I'm experienced.

It was super cool to see him coming up in my mirror.  The little Gixxer is a monster on the top end and even on my Busa, I wouldn't challenge it stoplight to stoplight.  Give me anything longer than a stoplight though and the Gixxer would never be a problem.  Re-gear the Busa (mine is geared for top speed desert racing) and with any reasonable distance to run, it'd just never be a problem. 

Offline moparict

• Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 11:14:01 AM »
Adding a real data point to the virtual discussion.

Last Wednesday, my buddy and I lined up his 2008 GSXR1000 against my 2006 Hayabusa at Sacramento Raceway.  His Gixxer is bone stock down to the quiet exhaust, my Busa has intake to exhaust swap and no base gasket, hogged out stock cans, and geared for Bonneville at 18/39). 

Gixxer ran 10.8@146 against my Busa's 10.0@144mph.  My buddy is not an experienced drag racer (on bikes) but I would call him an above average rider.  I'm experienced.

It was super cool to see him coming up in my mirror.  The little Gixxer is a monster on the top end and even on my Busa, I wouldn't challenge it stoplight to stoplight.  Give me anything longer than a stoplight though and the Gixxer would never be a problem.  Re-gear the Busa (mine is geared for top speed desert racing) and with any reasonable distance to run, it'd just never be a problem. 

With a 10.8 @ 146 your buddy is definately not an experienced drag racer.  This proves the "riders race" theory.  That bike should have been in the 9's.

Offline V8Pinto

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 07:33:17 PM »
the MPH numbers support this too.  MPH being an indicator of HP, and the literbike being an easy 100-150lbs lighter than the Busa...Ive ridden both and above 140ish, the Busa will walk away with it.  So it boils down to what you want (i'm a top speed guy so the Busa is it for me).  I wouldnt race a GSXR1000 at a stoplight.  R1 - I'll run em' anyday.  Smoked one twice at the same race against an experienced drag racer. 

Anybody race a new CBR1000 yet?

Offline caddylt1

• Post Whore
  • "Its not the tires screaming, its the tarmac"
    • GarageSpec Magazine
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 09:35:03 AM »
If youre talking basically stock bikes, Id take any 1000 over a busa.  Its gonna come down to rider, period.  Most people cant ride a lick.  Who ever can ride better will win if basically stock. 
Gen I Turbo/Intercooled
RCC Turbo/MCXpress Intercooler
Fab and Tuned by Williford Racing
Head by Port Tech
Hays T3 Convertible
64 inch wheelbase
8 Second "kinda" Streekbike

Offline Ron Politically Incorrect

• Post Master
  • Ron Dishop Silencers Dunnellon Fla 352-795-4511
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 02:29:45 PM »
Just outa curiosity, since I bought my Busa(24 hours ago) I have had tons of guys riding basiclly stock R1's CBR1000rr's, and Gixxer 1k's telling me that their bikes would blow my 07 Busa away.

Tell them to bring em on :
Money talks and bull shit walks , then listen to their excuses not too racing.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Steve P

• Rider
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 10:59:30 PM »
Horsepower to weight...it's what it is all about. The drag strip is a totally different story.. a great rider will almost always out run a bad rider no matter what he is on.

Even older 1000's will outrun the older busas. I was actually able to find a guy with a "stock" busa that was really stock. That is hard to do.LOL.. I had just bought an 04 zx10 and he said he had wanted to do some roll ons on the expressway with a new 1000. I was about 80lbs heavier than him but my bike was 100lbs lighter than his. He had 8000 miles on his 02 busa and I had 200 miles on my 04 zx10. We rolled from every gear all the way to redline in 6th each pull and I slowly pulled him every time. He never gained anything back during any of the pulls. I know most people think the busa will come storming back in the higher gears but that's just not the case. The one from 2nd to sixth I put 15 to 20 bikes on him. My bike was dynoed a couple of days before and made 147 just like every zx10 I ever saw dynoed. His busa being truly stock was just like all of the gen 1s and probably made 152 to 153 stock. We were closed on weight counting my body weight and his but I was still just enough lighter as a total package.

LOL...The newer 1000s is a whole different story.... and for the guy that said he could outrun the BMW with his busa I have to say LOL... Stock for stock no way and equally piped and power commandered no way....... I will give him that he may do it at the track if he is a better rider but in a roll it would never happen.

Offline MslPilot

• Rider
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 04:36:00 PM »
See, this is the bullshit I'm talking about. :td: This isn't fuckin NASCAR here, you hardly see ANY bike stock. But i find it hard to believe you pulled him by 15-20 bike lengths( :hys:) and if you did he's and idiot. I have had 4 1000cc bikes and still ride one. The point here is so many people talk shit and honestly have no idea what the fuck theyre talkin about. Anyone in the Seattle area riding a big bad 600 or 1000 wanna prove to me they can beat me through the twisties even on my Busa, hell i'd love to see it happen. Fact is it does come down to rider skill, so just like the man said....put up or shut up.

Offline Steve P

• Rider
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 07:45:35 PM »
LOL...As always....NO ONE has to believe anything...LOL.  Everyoone is a better liar than the last guy...So you win..LOL

Offline Steve P

• Rider
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 08:16:45 PM »
But then after a couple of really small modifications I was able to put 10 to 15 bikes per gear on that old "stock" busa...LOL

Offline Ron Politically Incorrect

• Post Master
  • Ron Dishop Silencers Dunnellon Fla 352-795-4511
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2011, 06:49:50 AM »
Everyones  bike is  sooooooooooooo Fast.
Bet none of ya can out run this bike !
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline MslPilot

• Rider
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 01:12:02 PM »
But then after a couple of really small modifications I was able to put 10 to 15 bikes per gear on that old "stock" busa...LOL

uh, yeah if you had mentioned you were on a turbo bike.......i would say that's believeable.