Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Your experienced advice on wheelies  (Read 15140 times)

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
Re: Your experienced advice on wheelies
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2011, 08:44:59 AM »
lowering the bike greatly affects handling also. if you extend it you will not need a new brake line unless you go over 8" you can just loosen the front banjo fitting and spin it around so the loop is out of it. that is if your looking to go cheap
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline jgennaro

• Post Master
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2011, 10:11:36 AM »
My 2011 Busa picks up the front tire in first gear out around 7k rpms, it makes me let out when the wheel is in the air and then shift to second. Since I am fairly new to these bikes, can anyone tell me how high these bikes generally bring the front tire in the air in first gear if I dont let off until redline? Dont want to skin my bike or my butt...LOL Also what is the easiest solution to keeping the front tire down other than parking it?  LOL... MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU GUYS THAT CAN RIDE WHEELIES SO WELL. I'm just not comfortable with it yet. Thanks friends...

You're best bet is to learn throttle control.  Once you get the experience with your bike you'll know how to ride it without wheelies.

All of the advice with straps, swingarm extensions, frame rakes, etcetera is great if you run the bike at the dragstrip but is stupid for street riding.  Learn throttle control and you won't have to worry about crashing from wheelies.

I've got a stock height and wheelbase Busa with a turbo and I don't have trouble with wheelies so I would assume with throttle control you shouldn't have any trouble.

Good luck man.

Jason
Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure.

Aldous Huxley 1894-1963

2008 Hayabusa
Ninja 250.........daily driver

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2011, 01:44:12 PM »
My 2011 Busa picks up the front tire in first gear out around 7k rpms, it makes me let out when the wheel is in the air and then shift to second. Since I am fairly new to these bikes, can anyone tell me how high these bikes generally bring the front tire in the air in first gear if I dont let off until redline? Dont want to skin my bike or my butt...LOL Also what is the easiest solution to keeping the front tire down other than parking it?  LOL... MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU GUYS THAT CAN RIDE WHEELIES SO WELL. I'm just not comfortable with it yet. Thanks friends...

Wheelies are actually pretty easy to learn.  Have a look at this first:

http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=156579.0
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:46:48 PM by Kirk »
-Kirk