Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Looking for the best exhaust system for 2011 Busa  (Read 54139 times)

Offline rider44

• Rider
Looking for the best exhaust system for 2011 Busa
« on: July 25, 2011, 10:08:00 PM »
I am needing advise on a good exhaust system for my 2011. I would like something with a low rumble, not a high pitch sound. What do you guys think? I found some stage 2 shorty pipes on Ebay with resonator, insulation and chrome. I want it to sound more like my hotrods, not like my sons Honda dirt bike, that by the way, ran out from under me first time on it...LOL  THANKS
HARD TO GROW UP  !!

Offline crawler

• Rider
Re: Looking for the best exhaust system for 2011 Busa
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 10:13:42 PM »
Best "low" tone grumble I've found was Tsukigi Cannon. I used to get compliments such as "sounds like small/big block" when it was idling.
09 Busa
RCC Turbo,Wossner,Carillo,Ferrea,ARP,VR Swingarm,ECU Editor/Boost Fuel/Boost Control/Shifter,Cycle-Tek Shifter,Zeitronix Datalogger

Offline rider44

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 10:26:50 PM »
Thanks Crawler, sounds exactly like what I am looking for. Thanks
HARD TO GROW UP  !!

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 08:54:06 PM »
I don't like the look of the Tsukigi cannon pipe on the busa at all,no matter what it sounds like.

Offline crawler

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 09:02:12 PM »
As my grandmother said, "different strokes for different folks."

I actually gravitated to the Tsukigi for the looks. Then read about the performance.

The sound was just a very nice surprise.
09 Busa
RCC Turbo,Wossner,Carillo,Ferrea,ARP,VR Swingarm,ECU Editor/Boost Fuel/Boost Control/Shifter,Cycle-Tek Shifter,Zeitronix Datalogger

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • -John- Middleofnowhere, Nebraska
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 09:38:15 PM »
This is NOT my bike, but the cannon looks good on it, like crawler said different strokes for different folks.
"You can not escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 04:16:10 AM »
Now this is a good looking exhaust system,lol.

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 04:32:34 AM »
That Tsukigi looks like something I could make in my garage,must be like when a couple has a baby they alway's think thier baby is the cutest thing ever even though everyone else thinks it's butt ugly. Just kidding,lol,like you said everyone likes a different style,I'm just not a fan of the shorty look on the busa myself. Any good quality exhaust system will make close to the same power,it's all in the tuning anyway, The Akro put up 187hp and 107ftlbs of torque on a hot day so that's on par with what most systems are going to make with a good tune and the Akro has a nice deep tone to it.

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 04:36:52 AM »

Offline dave3.4

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 08:18:53 PM »
That Akro looks good :tu:  I've always loved the sound of a akro on a Busa

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 09:06:40 PM »
Thanks Dave,it's expensive but def top quality and has a nice look to go wtih the new busa style.

Offline crawler

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 03:25:44 PM »
That Tsukigi looks like something I could make in my garage,must be like when a couple has a baby they alway's think thier baby is the cutest thing ever even though everyone else thinks it's butt ugly. Just kidding,lol,like you said everyone likes a different style,I'm just not a fan of the shorty look on the busa myself. Any good quality exhaust system will make close to the same power,it's all in the tuning anyway, The Akro put up 187hp and 107ftlbs of torque on a hot day so that's on par with what most systems are going to make with a good tune and the Akro has a nice deep tone to it.

Akro is a nice system. No doubt about that.  Again, we all have our preference.
09 Busa

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 05:59:11 PM »
I am in no way trying to dis the Akro..........and I know they are beautifully made systems, but I wanna know how much more RWHP is produced over stock.  That's all.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 06:04:02 PM by DaveH1948 »
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 08:00:53 PM »
No offense takin Dave,My bike put out 173 hp on the dyno stone stock on a good air day,then after the Akro,pc3 install it put up 187 hp and 107ftlbs of torque on a hot day with ok air,so about 14 hp gain and 40lb crash diet,lol.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2011, 10:22:20 PM »
No offense takin Dave,My bike put out 173 hp on the dyno stone stock on a good air day,then after the Akro,pc3 install it put up 187 hp and 107ftlbs of torque on a hot day with ok air,so about 14 hp gain and 40lb crash diet,lol.

Worth every penny!  I just might get one.  One question, what about the Oxygen Sensor?  Is there a bung for it in the Akro?  187 would blow my dress up.  :tu:
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline dadofthree

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 03:44:53 AM »

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 05:23:33 PM »
Hey Dave the Akro does have the O2 sensor bung...... and brocks will make the same power but the Akro looks better and sounds better IMO than Brocks Shorty,plus it won't give you a headache. The packing burns out of the Shorty or something being as there cant be much in there as my friend had the same pipe,wicked annoying and it kept getting louder,even he got sick of it hearing it. Not a fan of it no offense but I guess it depends on how much street riding you do and I do round 8k a year and that pipe would definitely resonate in your helmet,rather have the deep tone of the Akro as they make the same power anyway less the raspy noise.

Offline Predator

• Rider
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 12:35:27 PM »
Brocks or Ti force
Hayabusa, because 14's are just slow!                                           
ZX 14 its whats for dinner!

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 02:14:52 PM »
Yosh,Ti,Akro and brocks all make the same power it all depends on the dyno tuning so get the one you like the look and sound of the best. My 08 with the Akro maade 187hp and 107ftlb of torque,my friends with the Yosh put up 188hp and 105ftlb of torque on the same day,another friend of mine has Brocks shorty made 186hp on the same dyno but a different day so they all make the same power with similiar torque. If I was gonna build my motor that might change things and I'd probably go with the Ti summo if they still have it for the 08.

Offline moregpz

• Rider
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 08:31:04 PM »
Why is it that everyone just looks at the max power at redline? In a years time how much time is spent at 11,000 rpm, maybe a couple of minutes. I want the power where I use it most between 3000-6000 rpm. To me a good pipe will give ya all of the above. Lets hear what pipe gives the most TQ and HP at 6,000. 8)

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 10:19:50 PM »
I'm sure all the power curves on these pipes are very similar atleast the yosh and the Akro were,Akro just made more torque everywhere which I was glad to see. I dont spend alot of time in the 3 to 6k range whether I'm hiting the backroads,dragracing or doing some top speed runs. I may be off base here but I don't think I am in saying I don't think too many people on here are as concerned with the the hp and torque in that range and more concerned with 6k to redline,unless you were doing top gear roll ons from like 50mph,maybe that's where you keep your tach but I'm only in that range when I'm cruising along on the highway other wise I'm uaually ripping through some gears.

Offline Predator

• Rider
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 10:37:44 PM »
Just remember you get map support with Brocks which is priceless for people who don't have a good tuner near them
Hayabusa, because 14's are just slow!                                           
ZX 14 its whats for dinner!

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 04:51:34 AM »
Brock is awsome no doubt and knows his shit but most people that dyno tune today are pretty good as well,all my busas and I've had four of them put up some good numbers on the dyno and Ive ran really good numbers at the dragstrip which is to me the real test. If I were doing alot of top speed runs at maxton or something I might have thought about Brocks abit more but don't think the map support would come into play that much as I get all my bikes dyno tuned and the guy is good. Just buy a Bazass box with the self tune and call it a day which people say works awsome then you don't need a dyno I guess,lol.

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 04:13:10 PM »
Just remember you get map support with Brocks which is priceless for people who don't have a good tuner near them

Your right about getting a map from Brock if you dont have a tuner near you,but in my experiance you have to dyno tune cause every bike is different because of the cam degree differences due to mass production. In 2000 me and three of my friends all bought brand new busas,then we all put muzzy pipes on and every bike liked a different map,at the time I thought that was bazar at the time.  If I didn't have a dyno tuner near me I would be going with a bazaas box with the self tune for sure.

Offline soNso

• Post Whore
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 05:21:41 AM »
  Brocks first love is drag racing, first street bike in the 7s.. maxton, texas & so on came because his pipes make power..smeg for me...