Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Looking for the best exhaust system for 2011 Busa  (Read 54125 times)

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
Re: Looking for the best exhaust system for 2011 Busa
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2011, 03:47:50 PM »
He also tunes his bike with oxygenated fuels so there's another 10 to 12 hp otherwise all pipes are within 2hp of each other on a stock motor,unless it's some cheap pipe. I used oxygenated 90 octane fuel on my stone stock 08 which made 173hp on pump gas, added the fuel and used the yosh box to tune no pc3 and picked up 9hp,ended up making 182hp and would of produced more had we had a pc3 on the bike as we couldn't make anymore adjustment in the direction we needed to go without one, that's where they get huge gains among other little tricks. My friends have Brock pipes on their bikes and our bikes run pretty much identical,I actually run more mph at the strip and than they do by 1.5mph on average,so it's all in the tune for the most part.   

Offline soNso

• Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2011, 12:46:43 AM »
 I'm here in col. so i see brock & his crew at the track kill-kare test & tune 2 wheel tuesday. he will help with anything, his stuff or anybody else's. just a cool ass ohio guy.. ur right it's all in the tune. if my money holds out (dam kids) headed up the road to ryan schnitz, ecu editor time..

Offline N2DEEP

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2011, 10:12:24 AM »
BROCK'S!!!!!! He has more than one style of pipe(shorty) and his tech support is second to none.  I won't run anything else on my bike's unless it's free of course. LOL....

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2011, 04:50:18 PM »
No doubt Brock is an awsome guy and his tech support is the best,but for Joe smo you buy a quality pipe and go to a decent tuner you'll be in the ballpark. If your drag racing and doing top speed events than that's where purchasing Brock's products and tech support would really shine. My point being the average street guy just needs a decent pipe with a good tune and he'll be plenty happy.

Offline Warp12

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2011, 06:29:59 PM »
We have used several Brock's systems on a couple of stock motor bikes, and the maps provided were pretty much dead-on. That's for pump gas and MR-9. If you are paying comparable prices for the pipes, you are money ahead to get the Brock's and avoid the cost of tuning. This is especially applicable for the average street rider, imo. For hardcore racers, of course they are more likely to want a custom tune.

Shane

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2011, 01:48:55 PM »
Why is it that everyone just looks at the max power at redline? In a years time how much time is spent at 11,000 rpm, maybe a couple of minutes. I want the power where I use it most between 3000-6000 rpm. To me a good pipe will give ya all of the above. Lets hear what pipe gives the most TQ and HP at 6,000. 8)

I spend most of my time between 5 and 9 so the bike will be in the best position to accelerate if I need to/want to.  3000-6000 is too low for me.  These bikes were made to rev and I just feel that is the way I am gonna ride it.  I shift at 10 or so when "moving on" .   If I was gonna ride a bike at 3000 rpms, I would own a Harley.  Been there, done that.  Busa is better.  Keep the revss up and have fun...............but avoid the ditches.   :thumb:

Dave
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline moregpz

• Rider
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2011, 05:00:12 PM »
Everyone has the rev range they like, my point is get a pipe that improves the power where you use it the most.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2011, 05:22:09 PM »
Think about it, a motor with a redline of 10,800 does not give a hoot if ya cruise around at half of that.  Three grand is too low for a Busa to even begin to make power.  IMO.  If ya like driving around at 3-4 grand, you need to be on something other than a Suzuki Hayabusa.   That is just my personal opinion.   :tu:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline moregpz

• Rider
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2011, 10:21:05 AM »
So every time you shift your bike it is at 10,800. You are one lucky guy. I live in the city and most of the street speed limits are 45 mph so to stay within the reasonable limit I am often at 3-5 thou rpm. You must drive around in first gear a lot.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2011, 02:57:36 PM »
I apologize if I offended you.  No, I do not shift at 10,800 every time.  When I am riding "hard" I shift at around 10, when I am just cruising around, I shift at about 8500 but I try to keep my cruising revs above 5 so there will be some torque available when I nail it.  Please forgive me for making that remark about the low RPMs.  It is your bike and you can ride it however you choose.  It is also none of my business.  Peace, brother and ride safe.   :tu: :)

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline moregpz

• Rider
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2011, 05:09:43 PM »
It's all good.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2011, 07:21:46 PM »
It's all good.

:mrgreen: Bottom line is we are both riding the best street bike on the planet.   :thumb:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 12:10:53 AM »
I think everyone shifts at low rpm around town that's pretty obvious unless you want to eat someones bumper,lol..... but the Question is where are you shifting when you get on back roads and pick up the pace....If you tell me your shifting at 3 to 6k then I would have to agree with Dave that your not using your sport bike for what it's designed for......Exileration!!! ....but that's coming from someone that disregards speed limits on backroads,I mean why own a busa if your not going to stretch it's legs here and there,lol. So, If that were the case here and I'm not saying it is but you should own something that's more of a cruiser if your more of a lay back style rider,why give up comfort for sport if your not gonna sport it up a bit here and there. As far as pipes go,most are at least making the same power at 2 to 4k and then you see an increase in power over stock from 4k to redline,even being less at 2 to 4k range the weight loss of the stock pipes....35lbs....is going to help your roll on thrust,so overall any pipe will help you in the 3 to 6k range with proper tuning which was the point about people being too concerned about peak power all the time I believe moregpz..... I know what my bike runs like after installing my Akro and PC3 and having it dyno tuned and the bike has excellent throttle response from any rpm,roll on from any gear any rpm and it pulls hard and smoothly all the way through the rev range,runs better than stock from IMO. I personally want my bike to pull as smooth as it did stock but with more power everywhere with a pipe installed,I want peak power because I use it but I want total drivability when I'm driving around town,so I agree with you Moregpz with the low end power,but dont think your giving up any power loss at that low rpms with a pipe in any way you defintely are gaining.

Offline moregpz

• Rider
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2011, 07:54:24 AM »
Like has been stated before - Most pipes create basically the same hp at max rpm. it would be interesting to see if midrange is where a quality pipe shines. Both of my Busas go 200 on a regular basis so I am not shy with the throttle. Like I said if we could get honest answers here we could learn much more. :bike:

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2011, 09:33:40 AM »
Pipes do make more mid-range....all you have to do is overlay a stock dyno run and piped with tuning dyno run to see that.....you gain power from 3 to 8k which is your low and mi-range.Who really cares about about making huge power gains at 3 to 6k,plus the busa has a ridicules amount of torque at any throttle opening.....I mean how much do you need down there? If your looking for more build your motor and and set your cams up for mid-range power instead of peak,that's what my friend did with his gen1 1397 kit,my 08 runs as good as his if not better from any rpm so maybe you should build a 1441 tooled for mid-range if your really concerned about that rpm range as no pipe is going to give you huge gains in that area,people are usually happy with the minimal gains they get down that low. Long story short,the pipe you would want is the Akro Dual Race which makes more mid-range with the same peak of the Single Carbon Race or build your motor,personally I think it's a moot point here.

Offline moregpz

• Rider
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2011, 02:34:50 PM »
The Akro Dual Race pipe just happens to be on my bike, and yes the mid is very strong. I have never been beat from second gear rolls. Peak hp was 189.7.  Like I said I want a pipe that improves the power curve everywhere. The best pipes for that are Akro. :tu:

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2011, 05:41:09 PM »
That is exactly what I was attempting to convey..............we all want the "perfect pipe" at every RPM.  Unfortunately, the laws of physics make that goal a challenge.

I personally would run a pipe that would sacrifice low end (2-4K) power in order to give me an additional 8-12 RWHP from 5,000 RPMs to redline. 

Ya sometimes have to give a little to get a lot.  IMO.

Dave

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline moregpz

• Rider
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2011, 06:51:25 PM »
What laws ya talking about?

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2011, 08:09:01 PM »
I think what Dave means is that it's a charateristic of piping an inline 4 motor,you gain more mid to high hp than low end with a pipe,you just can't have it all. I have the Akro that's in the previous pics and it made 187hp and 107 torque on a warm day,my friend Lou massaged the tune on it and it runs really strong as well,too bad we don't live close I'd like to give you a run for your money,lol.

Offline moregpz

• Rider
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2011, 09:43:54 PM »
Motor City for me, where ya at?

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2011, 05:29:39 PM »
I'm in CT so it looks like that aint happening,lol. Hows that Akro dual sound? pretty mean I bet...If they had it in Carbon fiber I might of went with it but I do like the look of the single better,but def a nice system.

Offline Ludicrous Speed

• Post Master
  • Southern IL
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2011, 05:12:21 PM »
In my opinion, this is like a "what is the best oil" type of question.  Everyone has their favorites, and their reasons.

Personally, I hate all the shorty pipes like the SMEG and Alien Head.  Too loud, and do not care for the styling.  Tons of others love them, to each their own, I say. 

Almost every pipe out there is going to be comparable in HP and tq gains, to a point.  So just pick the style you like.  My personal favorite is this one:

2009 White/Blue Hayabusa
2004 Busa-Black and Purple  TOTALLED BY INATTENTIVE TEEN DRIVER!
67 Camaro (big tire bracket car)
89 Mustang GT vert

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2011, 08:18:43 PM »
That's a good looking pipe for sure,best looking one Brock makes IMO. The black Carbon Fiber looks really sharp on the white busa's,something to do with the frame being black,there's a pic on here somewhere of one that was really sharp.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2011, 04:13:16 PM »
I just picked up my bike today from the shop with the Yosh Full Race system #1121062 and the carbon fiber canister.  The bike lost 25 lbs and is a bunch stronger in the 5-7 range and also up in the 8-10 range.  It seems to get a bit of a "kick in the butt" at about 8 grand.  It is like you are going fast and then all of a sudden you are going "faster faster."  I am very pleased.  Now, if I can just keep it out of the ditches............. :hys: :bike: :tu:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2011, 08:03:50 PM »
I just picked up my bike today from the shop with the Yosh Full Race system #1121062 and the carbon fiber canister.  The bike lost 25 lbs and is a bunch stronger in the 5-7 range and also up in the 8-10 range.  It seems to get a bit of a "kick in the butt" at about 8 grand.  It is like you are going fast and then all of a sudden you are going "faster faster."  I am very pleased.  Now, if I can just keep it out of the ditches............. :hys: :bike: :tu:

Did you get it Dyno tuned Dave? If so what was your hp and torque....My friends bike with a Yosh system put out 188hp and 105tq