Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Nx lightning solenoids  (Read 13907 times)

Offline fiend44444

• Rider
Nx lightning solenoids
« on: August 17, 2011, 12:10:31 PM »
Anybody running these solenoids? Any pros or cons to running these? I have heard they are almost as good as the htp solenoids but a little cheaper.

Offline BUSA750

• Rider
Re: Nx lightning solenoids
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 03:31:40 PM »
They are good solenoids just as good as htp.jegs is the cheapest place to buy:tu:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 03:34:43 PM by BUSA750 »

Offline California Kid

• Rider
    • Bills Landspeed Racing
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 01:31:22 AM »

I use the NX Lighting Solenoid on my Busa it works great .

Bill   :tu: :tu:
RCC stage 2 turbo :Texas Mile Oct 2019 240.6 Texas Mile March 2019 237.8 ,Texas Mile 2018 227.4 ,Texas 09 199.166  March stock 08 Busa 2nd drive
Louis Heil 205.523 MPH Texas Oct 09 199.780 , Mojave 2018 217.6
Loring 09  207.837 Aug stock 08 Busa,
Mojave 2010 186.8 MPH 08 Busa.Texas 2010 march
202.3 MPH Loring 2011 July 208 MPH
Mojave 2018 217 MPH
Texas 2011 March 202 Texas Oct 2011 204.9, Mojave ,Oct 2013 215.6 , Texas Mile Oct 2013-213.6 , Mojave April 2014- 215.6

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 08:54:25 PM »
The NX solenoids are performance wise NO better than ANY other solenoid supplied by ANY US based company, they've just been made to LOOK better.

If you take a closer look under the fancy CF cover and remove the coil, you'll find that the IMORTANT WORKING PARTS are EXACTLY the same as the cheaper stainless steel solenoids they and every other company sells. You will see NO performance or reliability benefits by replacing any other brand of solenoid with these.

The ONLY solenoids in the world that can produce improved performance are our Pulsoids and for anyone who wants to learn why that is the case, there are detailed comparrisons on all the Pulsoid webpages on our website, so please feel free to click on the link below and take a good look. 

Offline Gixx1300R

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 08:08:23 AM »
Here are 2 cutaways of a generic solenoid and an NX solenoid. As you can see the NX is well engineered.

War is nothing more than Old Men talking while Young men die

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 08:22:07 AM »
 :hys: :hys: There you go showing your LACK OF KNOWLEDGE AGAIN   :hys: :hys: Being well engineered MAKES LITTLE NO DIFFERENCE to the performance of the component - IT'S THE DESIGN THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE.

The ONLY differences between the 2 solenoids you've shown in design with regards to nitrous FLOW, are;
1) The entry port is higher
2) The outlet is straight

Both are beneficial to the flow but as NX offered a stainless steel version almost identical before they TRIED to copy mine, there are MINIMAL advantages to their alloy version over that.

If you'd bothered to actually inspect these solenoids closely, you'd also see that the MOST IMPORTANT parts (the parts under the cover/coil that cause failure), are IDENTICAL, so NO improvement at all!!!! 

In the other thread you 'claimed' not to have time to defend your own solenoid design, and yet you've managed to find time to defend the NX solenoid.  :hys: :hys: :hys:  You crack me up!!!!    :hys: :hys: :hys:

Offline BUSA750

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 12:43:22 PM »
So what u want use to belive that if I take my cheap NX solenoids off and put a set of your Won solenoids on I will pick up a couple tenths?

Offline JC_Biggs

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 01:09:44 PM »
i did.. so did about 15 other people i have helped with nitrous setups..  more nitrous faster and smoother means better et.. bottom line.

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 02:00:25 PM »
So what u want use to belive that if I take my cheap NX solenoids off and put a set of your Won solenoids on I will pick up a couple tenths?
I wouldn't claim a couple of tenths from the Pulsoids alone, although as JC has stated, some people have managed to do that but you'd CERATINLY pick up at least 2 tenths (in most classes) from switching to my full system.

link removed

BTW not only would you run quicker ET's but you'd also;
1) Be at lesss risk of destroying your engine
2) Reduce the wear rate of your engine
3) Be capable of adding more power reliably
4) Have no need to service the solenoid

I'm not going to provide details as to why these are TRUE FACTS, because I'm expecting your local forum nitrous expert, to dispute my statement and I look forward to PROVING HOW LITTLE HE KNOWS by explaining why my statement is 100% CORRECT.   

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:42:32 PM by ADMIN »

Offline JC_Biggs

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 02:08:24 PM »
that must be the wrong link

Offline BUSA750

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 02:49:02 PM »
the full system is that with the revo or just the solenoids

Offline BUSA750

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 03:06:01 PM »
There are alot of companies that claim there product make more power for examples two difference companies build hayabusa motor 1441 makes 215hp and another motor makes 250 but at the track they run the same number, Same rider.alot of business claim to make more power just to bring in business.

Iam not saying that's you I like what I have seen out of the won solenoids I would have been running them but could not get them from a certain business so I just went back with nx ones now I know were to get them.

Offline JC_Biggs

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 03:41:35 PM »
ill say it again... ive never seen anyone put a set of pulsoids on their bike, give them a fair chance, and then want to take them off.

just the smoothness of the system and the hit you get when it comes in full is so much better..  first time i ever put them on the bike, i went with a 80 shot (by nx jetting, as that was what  jets were in it)  and like a 5 second ramp and it was like the bike was trying to pull out from under me harder and harder the entire pass.. but it was so smooth it felt like a damn turbo bike, or even a All motor bike. you couldn't tell it was nitrous that did it.  before, with the nx solenoids pulsing as high as they could, it just felt like a bunch of punches in the gut and wasnt very productive.  Hollywood got on my bike one time and the first time i ever saw it come up ON THE BIG END was after i put WON on.  i had to go to smaller jets after that, the bike was just 61-62 inches. but still for a STOCK, FULL FAIRING,  hand clutch 1k to pull the wheel 10 oclock at 500 feet... it was impressive.  btw.. i found out later that i was WELL OVER the so called "68hp limit" that people talk about on 1ks.. not that i reccomend going over 250hp on stock rods, but mine was for a number of passes before i turned it down, and nothing broke.

another instance, a set of Nx solenoids tuned to make 120hp, made over 140 with just a solenoid change. no jet change.

btw, i serisously recommend  changing over to a full on discharge tube set up, wet or dry, the tubes are leaps and bounds better than nozzles.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 03:46:50 PM by JC_Biggs »

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 05:01:34 PM »
the full system is that with the revo or just the solenoids
That is just with a Pulsoid system and you can make another couple of tenths, when you upgrade to a REVO system in most classes.

I can also verify that JC's description of use is exactly right.

With regards to the REVO use, the FIRST guy to use the system came back after the first run and reported the following;
1) He could NOT tell when the nitrous system activated
2) He didn't think it had run any quicker or faster (as he screwed up the launch), than when using just Pulsoids

I was particularly happy that he couldn't feel when the nitrous system activated, as that was one of the main reasons for the design, to make the use of nitrous much easier to control and use on relatively unstable bikes.

To my customers huge surprise, although he hadn't run any quicker, he had run a much higher terminal speed by 17 MPH.

Since then EVERY customer who has upgraded to a REVO system has improved their ET's and increased their terminals.   

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 05:08:00 PM »
There are alot of companies that claim there product make more power for examples two difference companies build hayabusa motor 1441 makes 215hp and another motor makes 250 but at the track they run the same number, Same rider.alot of business claim to make more power just to bring in business.

Iam not saying that's you I like what I have seen out of the won solenoids I would have been running them but could not get them from a certain business so I just went back with nx ones now I know were to get them.
In the UK we have SEVERE LAWS, that mean we can be JAILLED for making untrue claims for our products (in extreme casses). From what I can see, either you don't have such laws in the USA or they aren't enforced anywhere near as stringently as they are here.
If ALL nitrous companies were based in the UK, I would have taken legal action against ALL of them for making false claims for their products. At very least they would be told to cease making FALSE claims and if they persisted, they'd risk being locked up.

You can therefore be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN, that ALL 'MY' claims are 100% TRUE!!!

Offline JC_Biggs

• Rider
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 06:52:34 PM »
we have simliar laws trevor.. federal trade commission generally takes care of people that are blatantly false advertising. the problem is that "half truths" arent illegal. For example, if nitrous company a says their system is more durable than nitrous company b.. even though EVERYONE knows its not, company a can do some random test on one specific part (like a coating for instance) that just happens to be better, and for that, they can claim the whole system is better.. then nitrous company b cant do anything about it cuz technically, they werent misleading.

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 08:04:03 PM »
Well that certainly explains some of it but what I find most annoying, is how companies like NX (who are WELL AWARE that my products are better than theirs, because they tested them and told me so in emails some years ago), act as though my products don't exist when making blatantly UNTRUE claims like;

NX Lightning solenoids feature an improved flow path that allows nitrous / fuel to enter above the seat and exit out the bottom for flow unmatched by any other solenoid on the market.
See my avatar to see where they COPIED that from and why that claim is UNTRUE, even if ours didn't flow more than their's, which they do.

I guess they work on the basis that, as we're based outside the US, they can get away with such claims but that will all be changing soon, when we get our new US Corporation established in Palm Beach, Florida.   :twisted: 

Offline BUSA750

• Rider
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 08:32:26 PM »
on a 80 shot over 5 second it should be smooth,I bring in a 120 in less than 2second and it is smooth pulls like a bit## though with nx.I am going to run the won solenoid and see if there is any improvement.I agree with not having all though turns my plumbing was close to what u have but I have a fiber glass air box now and going to do something difference dont want to put holes  in it going to do a dry kit now

Offline BUSA750

• Rider
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 08:34:28 PM »
we have simliar laws trevor.. federal trade commission generally takes care of people that are blatantly false advertising. the problem is that "half truths" arent illegal. For example, if nitrous company a says their system is more durable than nitrous company b.. even though EVERYONE knows its not, company a can do some random test on one specific part (like a coating for instance) that just happens to be better, and for that, they can claim the whole system is better.. then nitrous company b cant do anything about it cuz technically, they werent misleading.

Have the motorcycle shop in the us would be in trouble :hys:

Offline JC_Biggs

• Rider
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 10:06:52 PM »
on a 80 shot over 5 second it should be smooth,

it was WAY smoother than any solenoid i had used. simply because of the hz.. but you also have to remember, what WAS a 80 shot on my NX setup, turned into  104 after it was tuned back in.   hence why i put smaller jets in...stock engine... f you get a pulsoid , you will see.. you bring in 120 in 2 seconds now,  wait till you bring in 180 over 3 seconds.. big difference in the way it pulls.

I bring in a 120 in less than 2second and it is smooth pulls like a bit## though with nx.I am going to run the won solenoid and see if there is any improvement.I agree with not having all though turns my plumbing was close to what u have but I have a fiber glass air box now and going to do something difference dont want to put holes  in it going to do a dry kit now

the plate cecil sells is pretty nice,  although , either way i would use discharge tubes which HAVE to go in the air box. its a fiberglass box man you can patch the holes! lol although im assuming its 1 peice so it would be hard to work inside.

if I was doing what your doing, i would get 2 150hp pulsoids, (adjust them down to about 90hp each and dial in the frequency) 2x 5mm-4mm splitters, 4 stainless lines, and and 4  injectors that trevor says is best for spraying perpendicular to air flow. 

i think ive figured out how to plumb my airbox finally, my goal was to leave the filter in since its a street bike, and they generally make more power with the filter (smoother air flow) but i got it figured out, just need to drill enough holes to  hold the splitters, and an outlet for the pulsoid.   
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 10:16:11 PM by JC_Biggs »

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 05:03:35 AM »
on a 80 shot over 5 second it should be smooth,I bring in a 120 in less than 2second and it is smooth pulls like a bit## though with nx.
The problem with terms like "smooth" is that they are 'ralative' so until you've tried a better alternative you can't say if one is smoother than the other.

I am going to run the won solenoid and see if there is any improvement.I agree with not having all though turns
Very pleased to hear it but make sure you optimise the seat position if you want the smoothest delivery and the best results. You'd also get better results by using our metering jet location for the nitrous side.

my plumbing was close to what u have but I have a fiber glass air box now and going to do something difference dont want to put holes  in it going to do a dry kit now
If you'd like to post or send me pics of what you plan to do, I'd be happy to advise you on how well it will perform and if it could be improved on.

Offline BUSA750

• Rider
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2012, 06:19:10 PM »
I was going to run the set up like htp bike with the two y block in the airbox that way I only have two hole the the fiberglass airbox AND ITS NOT A BIT** TO CHANGE OUT THE JET LIKE IN THE FOGGER.

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2012, 07:54:22 PM »
I was going to run the set up like htp bike with the two y block in the airbox that way I only have two hole the the fiberglass airbox AND ITS NOT A BIT** TO CHANGE OUT THE JET LIKE IN THE FOGGER.
Exactly right on both counts PLUS you'll get outstanding results.  :tu:

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 08:02:43 PM »
BTW I've been locating my metering jets at the solenoids since I first started over 30 years ago and yet NO OTHER nitrous company does.

After I carried out some intensive R&D I discovered that the BIGGEST improvement in performance you could achieve (BY FAR), from ANY modication you could do to a conventional nitrous kit, was to RELOCATE the nitrous jet to the Pulsoid outlet.

With these 2 FACTS in mind, what does that tell you about ALL other nitrous companies????

What it tells me is that they either;

1) Don't do ANY R&D

2) If they do they are doing the WRONG things

If the have done the right testing and know that MY jet location is so beneficial, they either;

1) Don't want to change for profit reasons, 8 pairs of jets costs much more than 1 pair

2) They realise they'd have to improve ALL the parts after the solenoid to achieve even distribution.

Whatever the case, I wouldn't want to deal with companies that act that way.