Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Sup guys!! New to the forum! Here is my 03 SG Busa  (Read 32681 times)

Offline teezy

• Rider
Sup guys!! New to the forum! Here is my 03 SG Busa
« on: August 23, 2011, 03:32:16 PM »
    This is my first street bike that I purchased back in June. The orginal owner did a HMF big bird exhuast, PC3R and mapped by johnny cheese. The bike put down 169/101 back in '04. After I bought the bike I did the small air box mod and put 93 octane in it...........my bad............................... the bike dynoed 163/94. The map was off but not enough to hurt the bike. After talking to a good friend that has raced busas since 99 I bought a strap and threw a 16/42 sprocket setup on it which shortened the bike to 56 inches. I took it to San Antonio Raceway on a test and tune night. I made 20 passes and went from a 10.58 down to a 9.99@142

Here she is...

After that I was hooked!!! So I bought some parts

Trac Arm 60-64'
non-oringed chain
skinko hook up
world wide ceramic bearings
galfer wave rotors
galfer brake lines and pads
schnitz cush drive dampers
cheap trick ram air seals
removed the air filter
buell lowering pegs

I lowered the bike down in the rear to the last notch on the links and tightened the spring up. Took it the track this last friday and the tire kept hitting the undertail on the launch and between shifts. Best pass was 10.08@139

Gonna pull the crappy PC3R out and replace it with the PC3USB along with a map for my mods.  Also raise the bike back up alittle in the rear! Will be back at it friday night. Then next week install my MPS air shifter!!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:41:17 PM by teezy »
In the begining I wanted 140's in the 1/4...
never thought it would go 140's in the 1/8

one very pissed off 1397cc we call MR ANGRY

Offline Ron Politically Incorrect

• Post Master
  • Ron Dishop Silencers Dunnellon Fla 352-795-4511
Re: Sup guys!! New to the forum! Here is my 03 SG Busa
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 04:22:55 PM »
 :wcm:
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 05:21:44 PM »
Welcome...stop looking on this site now or you will spend lots of money over the next few years :-)  Sell the bike you have, and buy a used prostreet.

I wouldn't waste your money on the PC3usb....not going to make any difference in the performance of your bike over the PC3r, and you will not be able to adjust the timing on the bike with the usb.

You can try an aluminum undertail from Tiger Racing, but you will likely have to raise it up a little to stop it form hitting on the launch.

May want to look into a clutch mod and possibly a clutch cusion kit as well to help with the launch
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline slatroni

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 06:55:53 PM »
Nice bike!
1397cc brocks 031 cams, APE valve springs, ported head, Muzzys 4-1 full system, PC3USB,4 short stacks, small air box mod, 40 shot of dry N2o. 3-7" extentions zzz chain. I only want to do 200 once........................

Offline teezy

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 09:58:57 AM »
Welcome...stop looking on this site now or you will spend lots of money over the next few years :-)  Sell the bike you have, and buy a used prostreet.

Im completely ok with that!!! Came from racing cars which is waaaay more expensive to run slower!!

I wouldn't waste your money on the PC3usb....not going to make any difference in the performance of your bike over the PC3r, and you will not be able to adjust the timing on the bike with the usb.

Their are alot of guys around here that have changed from the PC3R to the PC3usb and had good luck. From what Im told the Pc3r is notorious for have interference issues with the crank sensor. Also that it is a much slower processor vs the pc3usb that is suppose to be like 2-3 times faster.

You can try an aluminum undertail from Tiger Racing, but you will likely have to raise it up a little to stop it form hitting on the launch.

My buddy has one Im gonna pickup from him. And raise the bike up alittle

May want to look into a clutch mod and possibly a clutch cusion kit as well to help with the launch

I forgot to post that up!! I do have a clutch mod,slave brace and 3 heavy duty springs. One of the next mods will be "the rock" clutch setup. My buddy is killer at setting them up and is sponsored by them.

Offline teezy

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 09:59:29 AM »
thanks guys

Offline Grumpy 69

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 06:04:15 AM »
 :thumb:
not enough bullets to get em all.......but I can try......

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline teezy

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 10:29:35 AM »
 I had the bike mapped at Rearick Racing in Round Rock Texas..  the results!!! 170/99............. I told that when you stretch the bike you loss alittle rear wheel hp. Im also told that dynoing with a drag radial or sticky tire{ I have a shinko hook-up} vs a street tire you will lose 5whp.

Food for thought!!! Holy chit are bikes different!! I loaded a "canned tune" from Power commanders website for my mods. Glad I put it on the dyno. The power commander tunes are the upper blue and green lines on the afr chart.

I have been back to the track since running 10.1@139!! My rear tire is still hitting the tiger tail at the back. I had the stock spring tighten all the way up and it still moves 3-4 inches when I sit on it.  Im told that the shock is done!! So I ordered a penske 8983 setup for my weight and the bike being lowered and stretched from TRAXXION DYNAMICS..

And Im having REARICK RACING install "THE ROCK" clutch setup in the next week!!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:42:20 PM by teezy »

Offline Mike-Nightrider

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 02:12:56 PM »
 :wcm:
Dragraceteam NIGHTRIDER
1/8: 5.101s..........1/4: 7.801s
227.7mph Woodbridge/GB 2013

Offline teezy

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2011, 10:41:37 AM »
   Man where to start!!! Well I should start by saying that I have not been back to the track yet. Seems like a chain of events keep happening. I have been working on the bike alot..... improvements mostly!!

I installed a MPS airshifter with Lee's performance bracket. I just kept getting leaks with the plastic lines so I replaced them with steel braid.

I think the GEN1 has 80's lighting. Gauges and lights are so old school. I sent my gauges to BLUEGAUGES.com to have him replace my back light!! Its amazing how brillant the gauges are now!! I cant even capture it on my camera because its so bright. I also had my friend paint the  upper plastics base/cleared gloss black.

HAAA NEW HEADLIGHT BULBS!!!

A buddy of mine put the bug in my ear about the R1 wheel swap. After alittle research I swapped the rear wheel out!!

* Pulled the hayabusa wheel off and weighted it complete!! Nothing removed!! 36.2 lbs then I weighted the 09 R1 wheel complete. 32.2 lbs  4lbs weight savings and rotating mass savings!! SIDENOTE {The marvic magnesium wheels give the same weight loss on the hayabusa...Im very curious to see if what marvic wheels claims is true!!  3whp gain!! ... I have access to a dyno and im gonna use it!!}

I also get the how much or what is required.

For the rear wheel you need nothing but a complete R1 setup. You just have to space the hayabusa caliper over. Now the R1 wheel does rock a t45 sprocket so if you dont wanna run that much then you will have to change it.

The cost will depend on what you picked the wheel up for. I've seen them start around $150 without tires.I paid $229.00 for the wheel complete of ebay. It had a galfer rotor and tire on it already. I added ceramic bearings, vortex sprocket and a exoticycle caliper hanger which added another $300.00 to my bill. But thats not required for the swap!!

As for the front you can contact Steve at Total Performance in pflugerville,texas. He sells a billet axle for $160.00 to put the R1 wheel on the gen 1. After that you just space the calipers over.

Total weight loss is is 6lbs with a BST look. Here is Chaz {Total Performance} with the R1 swap

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My buddy's 07 busas fuel pump took a shxt so I sold him my pump and built a fuel system. I have future plans for the bike and figured why wait for another stock pump to take a crap. I will say "man I love bikes" Builting fuel system for cars is 2-3 times what a bikes cost. Did the typical 255 inline,saeoutlaw rail,2 pot reg,6an line etc etc etc! In the process of finishing that up... can only tease right now!!

I picked up a 99 subframe to help the big girl out alittle!! I still need to install

Clutch stuff is finally in route!!
SAEOUTLAW quick access

ROCK SOLID MANUFACTORING  aka "the rock " clutch

And last but not least!!!!

Yes im dying to get it all finished and back to the track!!!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:43:35 PM by teezy »

Offline Mike-Nightrider

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 01:06:09 PM »
Nice  :tu: :tu: :tu:

:drool: :drool: :drool:
Dragraceteam NIGHTRIDER

Offline teezy

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 07:30:07 AM »
Nice  :tu: :tu: :tu:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Thank you sir!!!

My modded stock fuel pump housing!! 2 weldable 6an fittings............. why you might ask? I want to keep my fuel sending unit. Turned the stock feed into the return. The feed is on the bottom so they fuel will always be there because the stock housing has the pocket the stock fuel pump sat in.

Offline Ron Politically Incorrect

• Post Master
  • Ron Dishop Silencers Dunnellon Fla 352-795-4511
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 08:26:51 AM »
I made 20 passes and went from a 10.58 down to a 9.99@142

You done did it now !  you went 9.9967
Now you'll have to get a NHRA License because you went faster that 9.999
Just screwing with ya , today is screw with the new to the form person day  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline teezy

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 10:13:03 AM »
You done did it now !  you went 9.9967
Now you'll have to get a NHRA License because you went faster that 9.999
Just screwing with ya , today is screw with the new to the form person day  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Our track is IHRA. not sure what et I would require a license with them. All the tech guy said was not to come back without full leathers

Offline teezy

• Rider
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 09:40:06 AM »
 Got the fuel system done. I was alittle time consuming figuring out how to running the lines and what fittings would work with the modding stock fuel pump housing.  The crank case breather plate would get in the way. But with some patiences everything came together. And the best part of all !!!!!!! the fuel gauge still works!!!! I took the bike on a 3 hour ride after checking for leaks. Ran perfect!!!

A shot of the upper fairings on the bike

Side shot with the R1 wheel
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:44:37 PM by teezy »

Offline teezy

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 08:55:06 AM »
Alittle 5:30am shot.......fixing to load up and headed to Rearick Racing for tune and clutch.

Just a cool shot!!

Offline dadofthree

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 09:29:23 AM »
Great looking and performing bike  :tu:

Offline teezy

• Rider
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2011, 09:35:53 AM »
Should have some dyno numbers today!!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:45:45 PM by teezy »

Offline teezy

• Rider
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2011, 03:36:21 PM »
Well its a good thing I love the R1 wheel look so much and I guess marvic 3whp claim is abit on the high side! Gain was .3hp/.2tq This pull was not with the new clutch!! Will be dynoing it after work today!! And off to the track tomorrow.

Offline teezy

• Rider
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2011, 08:03:08 AM »

HUGE THANKS TO REARICK RACING!! the man is just awesome!! Tells me excatly what the bike will do. Set the clutch up perfect!!! Right off the trailer!!!

Im 230lbs unsuited and the bike made 170whp.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 12:25:34 PM by teezy »

Offline teezy

• Rider
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 09:59:17 AM »
NEW PB

First time out on the dope!!! .36 pill fogging the box. Started spraying the middle of 2nd gear. Anything lower would just wheelie

Quickest ET

Best MPH

BIG THANKS TO REARICK RACING!!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:19:43 PM by teezy »

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 11:42:57 AM »
Nice job on the build diary  :thumb:

Offline Mike-Nightrider

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 11:49:26 AM »
Congrats. Well done  :tu:
Dragraceteam NIGHTRIDER

Offline teezy

• Rider
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 02:38:25 PM »
Nice job on the build diary  :thumb:

Thank you sir!!!

The motor comes off the bike this weekend. I purchased a used Bob Carpenter Head,new billet web cam,web adjustable cam sprockets and a muzzy sidewinder. Its going to Rearick Racing so he can work his magic on the cam degreeing. According to Mr Carpenter the bike should have no problem making 205-210whp. That will be awesome if it does but if it dont I know it will aleast make 193-195whp. Thats what Rearick Racing cam only gen1's busas put down. Im super excited!!

I also recieved a NANO kit {nitrogen assisted nitrous} kit and will be ordering a NLR nitrous controller here pretty quick.

Just hope my legs are long enough to wrap around the crank case while holding on for dear life!!

Congrats. Well done  :tu:

Thank you thank you!!

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 04:35:31 PM by teezy »