Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Redverz Gear Motorcycle tent!!!!!  (Read 6621 times)

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
Redverz Gear Motorcycle tent!!!!!
« on: November 07, 2011, 08:30:14 PM »
I am sure that quite a few of you guys out there travel with your bikes, but I am not sure how many actualy go camping.  I have  been enjoying travelling with my Bking so much that I am actualy looking at doing more frequent road-trips, but I would like them to be less expensive than staying at a hotel.  In order to keep the cost down I was considering staying at a campground at whaterver destination I choose.  So that being said I have researched what tents are suitable for camping with your motorcycle, and have come to the conslusion that there is only one that fits the bill for my needs. 
The tent I located is from Redverz Gear and seems to be the largest portable tent that is designed for motorcycle travel.  It includes a garage area that you can store your bike from the elements and potential theft, which is always a big ups.  I purchased my tent today and I should have it by Monday if all goes well.  I will post a good review for any of you that are interested. Hopefully this tent should free up some extra money in the way of saved expenses when traveling.  If you guys have any suggestions or tips on traveling with your motorcycle feel free to chime in. 
Here are a few pics of the tent, which can be found at http://redverz.com/galleryflash.html

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
Re: Redverz Gear Motorcycle tent!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 08:30:41 PM »
Well I have to say that I am relatively impressed with the entire camping with your bike experience.  The tent arrived at my house in a bit under 3 working days.  It is packed realatively small in a water-proof sack that is compact enough to strap to the back seat of any sportbike with out being overly noticable.  It is light, at about 13 pounds for all the room you would think it weighs double.  Fortunately this is not the case. 

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 08:31:29 PM »
I was to busy with work to to a test run on setting up the tent, so it may have taken a bit longer to set up than I think it would with a little more experience.  If you stake out all sides of the tent and the guide ropes for extra wind-protection, I think I was under 30-45 minutes.  But, the tent seems like it can be set up with no guide ropes in stable weather.  The tent is huge enough for a family or 3 to possibly 4 adults, it deffinately accomodates a queen size mattres with no problem at all in the living area.  There is a small vestibule in the front that doubles as an etrance into the living quarters or can be used to store a good bit of gear such as ice-chest, boots, helmets, etc.  I honestly think that if you don't use any of the front garage to store your gear you should easily be able to fit two sport bikes in there as long as they don't have any side bags.  With one bike you were still able to use the garage to access the tent and there was still standing room to change if needed. 

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 08:47:49 PM »
This is my final review/email that I sent the manufacturer after finishing my Three Day trip...I am realy excited about this tent and the posibility of travel that it has opened for me:

Greatings, this is Edgar Baron.  I recently purchased my military green motorcycle camping tent from you with in the last week or so.  I would like to espress the great satisfaction I have with this purchase.  I will tell you that I did quite a bit of research both of motorcycle specific camping tents & high end regular camping tents, but there were a few things that led me to make my purchase with your Redverz.  First was that your tent seemed to have the most comprehensive design, as it was well thought out for those that wanted an all season camping tent that would include protection from the rain in the form of a rainfly & inner sleeping tent with a tub designed floor.  Second was that after watching your video's it seemed fairly easy to set up for one person.  Last, but most important was that this being a pricey investment a person like myself realy needs the ability to talk to the company selling me such a product and explain all the ins & outs as you so kindly took the time to do...there was another motorcycle sheltering camping tent company I was considering but they had no contact info and listed all sales as final, which excluded them from being any kind of option.  I was pleased to talk to you and get what I took as a customer's satisfaction is priority #1 warranty, which is the best kind in my book!

Now to express the great pleasure I had with your tent, and give you my review of it from the stand point of a different niche than what you probably usualy sell to, the sportbike section of the motorcycle consumer market.  I have been looking to attend more bike events, but have had a few concerns that I feel have greatly been adressed by the purchase of your tent.  For a long time I have wanted to attend several motorcycle events in the U.S., but I usualy have to limit it to a few each year due to the high cost of hotel accomodations (which seem to become astromonical around bike event dates).  Many times I spoke with people that suggested camping out, and after some research I found that modern tent camping sites offer all the amenities (i.e. electrical & water hook ups, shower, bathroom, etc.) of a hotel at less than a 1/4 of the cost.  My other concern was that if I did go to a motorcycle event camping, I would have to worry about someone stealing my bike while I slept with no place to realy secure it out of harms way, problem solved by the design of your tent!  I purchased your tent with the hopes of having an opportunity to do a dry/practice run setting up prior to my first camping trip, but unfortunately time prevented me from doing so.  I was highly concerned that the tent wouldn't come complete with all that was needed to set it up...so many people tell you complete then later you learn that you needed to purchase another several items to make their product work.  This was not the case at all with your package, it included everything I could have needed so I was ready to go as soon as I got my package.  Side note, the last time I set up a tent it was in the military and we had to canvas tarps that were held up and together by to tent poles, four pegs, and two guide ropes...you also slept in the dirt. 

That being said I elected to take a 3 day trip a few hours from home just to give the tent a test run before I actualy make it to a bike event, where I would be fixed in one location for several days to a week.  On arrival I set the tent up in 30-45 minutes, which I think I will be able to cut down with practice and was high because it was my first time looking at the directions and online videos your site provides, which were a great help!  I ran into a little resistance staking out the tent in the camp-site mostly because the ground was hard red clay, and I didn't want to destroy my new tent pegs.  After setting it up I came to realize that this tent is massive for being packed in such a small duffle bag that I received it in!  I also have to comment on the duffle or stuff sack that you supply for the tent, which seems water proof or highly resistant from the looks of it, and the added compresion straps on the outside of the bag were a nice feature also.  I was pleased to learn that there are several entrances to the tent, the two for the garage, one infront of the garage, and the one into the sleeping area on the opposite end of the tent.  The hook and loop closures that you have designed into the tent to hold the rolled up doors in place helped to keep the tent openings looking proffesional and because I was on red dirt it kept the majority of the doors clean from dirt when opened also.  I purchased the footprint for under the sleeping area of the tent and that installed in seconds, leaving me assured that I had no worries about anything puncturing my sleeping area of my new tent.

I should tell you that my bike is an open class bigbore liter bike, a Suzuki Bking, which sports the same motor as the current 2011 Hayabusa & has similar dimensions save that it is a tad taller with the addition of a tail luggage rack and sport touring windshield that is larger and taller than the hayabusa's.  That being said I managed to fit the bike in the garage area easily, leaving enough room for myself (at 5'11") to stand up in the garage and use the area next to the sleeping tent's exit to go in and out with out interfereing with the bike.  Infront of the bike in the garage area I was easily able to store two full size lounge chairs, two helmets, my fold up eating table, a decent size ice chest, and a host of other items, which could easily be accessed from the front entrance of the garage with out moving the bike.  Although my bike is probably on the bigger end of the sportbike classifications I manuvered it around the garage to see how much room I would have next to it, and I can see it would easily accomodate another bike of its size, even with all the gear I had in the front part of the garage.  I didn't realy use the opposite entrance into the tent's sleeping area, mainly because it was easier to go in and out the garage.  However, if I had two bikes in the garage I could see where it would be of much use.  Durring the day time, when I didn't have to worry about my bike being in the garage it managed to double realy nicely as a covered dinning area that accomodated my fold up camping table and the two lounge chairs that I brough along.  If I had two more chairs it would have easily fit them as well.   

I also slept like a baby in the sleeping portion of the tent, which was much larger than it appeared in the photographs...none of the ones I saw online did the actual size of this tent any justice.  I felt secure after setting this tent up with pegging it down and peggin out all the guide lines that it wasn't going anyplace & was rock solid.  I did run into one problem with the front entrance on the fly before the sleeping area tent, which the zipper seemed to jam or stick at the last half of the closed position, it there is a way to remedy this please let me know.  I tried adjusting the tightness of the strap by this area but it didn't help much.  At the site I chose the temperature durring the day was in the mid to high 60 degrees, and at night it ranged from the low 40s to mid 30s.  Durring the daytime the tent stayded refreshingly cool considering I went with the darker olive green color.  On the advise of a fellow camper I purchased a tent heater, which kept the tent at a constant warm temperature.  The tent had no problem at all holding warmth in the sleeping area and when you open the door to access the garage the entire tent stayed warm if you wanted to use the garage at night to dine out of the cold before storing your bike for safe sleeping time.  I also loved the amount of space in the sleeping area, it accomodated an inflatable matress that was slightly smaller than a queen-size bed, but left enough room for me to put my jacket infront of the bedding, the stand for the space heater, and a stand for my laptop with my wallet, keys, and glasses next to it...there was still plenty of room left over.

All in all I am extremely pleased with the purchase of my tent, and I am positive that it will open a new era of traveling for me which I feel safe the tent will extreemly comfortably house myself and bike durring all weather conditions and  safe storage scenarios.  Enjoy the pictures of my first experience with your wonderfull tent, and feel free to post this email on your blog.

Here are a few pics of the tent at night to give you an idea of how much space there is in the garage, and how it looks while storing a full sized bike:

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 10:46:29 PM »
I finaly had a chance to repack my tent.  I recently purchased the awning kit, which turns one of the garage area doors into an awning or extra shaded space.  I happened to have some time to mount the tent to the rear rack of my bike so you guys can get an idea of its realtively small size for being such a large tent.  Take into account the rear of my bike is small, you could compare it to the rear of an older gsxr1000.  That being said the tent still looks realtively small on the back of a my bike.