Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Colorado Tuners: Good, bad, and Ugly...  (Read 3652 times)

Offline BlackJackel

• Rider
Colorado Tuners: Good, bad, and Ugly...
« on: October 23, 2011, 09:37:27 PM »
Hey all, I'm going to tune/mod my bike over the winter. 
I am looking especially for input on two tuners I have heard of:  Jackel Motorsports (in Colorado Springs) and Faster Motorsports? in Denver.
I'm looking for people who have had direct work done by a tuner shop, not flames or secondhand stories of a friend of a friend.
Just so everyone knows, I was very impressed with the shop and professionalism of Treacy at Jackel Motorsports and, not hearing anything to the contrary, I will take my bike in there.   He has been quite patient in explaining options with me.
I realize there are some AMAZING shops in the country, but not too many near Denver, CO that specialize in Hayabusa tuning and modding (I'm looking at a low boost turbo (RCC) or pipe/NOS setup with the usual stuff: airshift, clutch mod, etc. for street/ some strip use)

Again, please don't take this as a slam or flame on anyone, everyone I've talked to and meet has been great.  I just want to do due diligence before I drop off my baby along with thousands of dollars....

Thanks in advance!
2009 Black Busa, +8", lowered, Akro Full exhaust, PC5, custom tune, short geared, etc...    
2008 Custom RCC Turbo Busa (SOLD)
2005 Red/Black  Stock  (SOLD).
2013 BMW X1:  Dinan tuned (DD Cage)

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
Re: Colorado Tuners: Good, bad, and Ugly...
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 10:00:50 AM »
I would honestly stick with Tracy at jackel motorsports down in the springs. Faster has had way too many changes and Bart is an idiot there. He tuned my turbo bike under boost at 13.5:1 afr! I argued with him to tune it fatter at 11.7 to 12.0 max. Plus people have starts to turn away once they moved into a smaller building an some of their best guys left. Stick with tracy at jackel and you will be much better pleased with his work!!
When injustice becomes law, Resistance becomes DUTY! -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Husky

• Rider
Re: Colorado Tuners: Good, bad, and Ugly...
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 05:39:52 PM »
Just FYI  QuikCycles out of Morrison, Colorado does great job on setting up drag/street bikes.  They hold the record at Bandimere for the 2nd fastest street bike in colorado which ran a 7 second 1/4 mile.  They tuned my Busa and got it to run 9's in the 1/4 mile here in Colorado completely street legal and all motor, no NOS or Turbo.  They set up Turbo, NOS and super charger bikes and also have a dyno.