Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: wheres the gps wire on a gen2  (Read 4200 times)

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
wheres the gps wire on a gen2
« on: December 01, 2011, 05:23:25 PM »
I need to provide a gear position signal to my ams1000. I've been told it's a pink wire. Anybody know where that is?.
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
Re: wheres the gps wire on a gen2
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 02:22:27 PM »
left side under the tank, white 3 wire connector.. its right near the cross memeber that goes across to the left and right side of the frame.. kinda above the sprocket cover,,

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 04:37:21 PM »
Thank you sir :D. Is that by chance the same connecter that one uses for the TRE? I know its not really called a tre In a gen 2, but I forgot what it was called. I just pulled out my tree and wondered if that lead would work for a gear signal. Thanks  Knecum, I sure am glad you guys are here.
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 04:58:17 PM »
Thank you sir :D. Is that by chance the same connecter that one uses for the TRE? I know its not really called a tre In a gen 2, but I forgot what it was called. I just pulled out my tree and wondered if that lead would work for a gear signal. Thanks  Knecum, I sure am glad you guys are here.
    YES THATS IT!

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 09:54:09 PM »
Got it spliced in, checked the voltage, and,...IT WORKS. The voltmeter shows changing voltage in each gear. :D. Thanks all :tu: