Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gen II front brake lines  (Read 6454 times)

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
Gen II front brake lines
« on: January 20, 2012, 09:18:38 PM »
Is anyone making aftermarket front brake lines for a Gen II that uses the standard single line style from the master cylinder to the caliper and over the fender to the other caliper? Don't much care for the dual line set ups. See that there are several single line setups for Gixxer 1000's but have my doubts they'll fit da big bus.
Thanks, MJ
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Gen II front brake lines
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 09:24:48 PM »
No.  Why don't you care for the dual line set ups?
-Kirk

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 03:49:13 PM »
I threw a set of EBC HH pads on my 09 bike and it stops on a dime twice as good as stock. 
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 08:35:00 AM »
since we are talking brake lines....
is there any real (brake feel) difference between the single line (to one caliper then to the next caliper) compared to dual line (two from the master cylinder)?

and as long as its an aftermarket covered brake line, kevlar, stainless steel, or teflon or whatever... the brake feel is basically the same, right?

aside from quality, are there any real differences in the brands of aftermarket brake lines?

i had goodridge lines on my old r1 and they worked great but really, does it matter as long as its a namebrand aftermarket?

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 01:15:23 PM »
Grecco, I've used numerous different name brands of braided stainless steel dual front brake hose kits, and near as I can tell, they all pretty much feel the same, as long as we're talking about the -3 ("dash three") size.

As I stated, I have no experience with aftermarket brake hose kits that do the OEM-style single line thing with the cross-over hose. 

I did have a custom -2 sized Goodridge braided stainless steel dual front brake hose kit on my Hayabusa, and the smaller -2 sized racing brake hoses were another minor magnitude of improvement- it was cool, but unless you're really anal, it's not that big a deal- just going from rubber to ANY braided stainless steel front brake hose kit is going to be an improvement.

Even though most of us have been around the block a time or two, I feel that you can never mention brake bleeding too many times.  It does no good to install decent front brake hose kit and then leave air in the system, and I find air in almost every brake system that I look at.  There are some little tricks that you can use- pulling a vacuum on the brake fluid to pull more air out of suspension, stuff like that.  Most people have no idea what a brake system with no air in it feels like, and it is cool.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 01:22:12 PM by Kirk »
-Kirk

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 07:43:25 AM »
Is anyone making aftermarket front brake lines for a Gen II that uses the standard single line style from the master cylinder to the caliper and over the fender to the other caliper? Don't much care for the dual line set ups. See that there are several single line setups for Gixxer 1000's but have my doubts they'll fit da big bus.
Thanks, MJ
GP SERIES  :tu:
http://www.galferusa.com/html/p-bl-m.html
They can make whatever length you want.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:50:17 AM by TrickTom1 »

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 09:11:30 PM »
Thanks, I'll give them a shout out. :thumb:
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!