Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: POLISHING  (Read 8735 times)

Offline smiddy1

• Post Whore
POLISHING
« on: December 11, 2002, 10:28:00 PM »
HAS ANYONE HEARD, SEEN, USED THIS PRODUCT? SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE. THEY GIVE YOU TOO MUCH SANDPAPER FOR WHAT THEY CLAIM. I THINK.     http://www.moto-chrome.com/
Lookin' for a '03 40th, or '02 le in great shape. Need help, starting to get the shakes, snapping out at friends. I didn't know it would hit so soon. BUSA, it's a hell of a drug!

Offline Twisted

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
POLISHING
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 11:12:00 PM »
wtf! those are two different bikes!

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
POLISHING
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2002, 11:20:00 PM »
I have a bridge SYSTEM for sale also, Its in brooklyn,Anybody want to buy some!!The only kit for polshing alum,Is a lot of hard work,but its worth it..For some.

Just my 0.02 I don't know anything about polishing..

Offline turbotoys

• Post Master
POLISHING
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2002, 11:26:00 PM »
sounds good but it sounds like you have to keep polishing the thing and with there stuff i wonder what it look's like if you dont keep up with re polishing it? i whould love to here from a person who does chrome plateing on this one any body on here?

THEMOTORHEAD

POLISHING
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2002, 11:31:00 PM »
haha i just wax the hell out of my polished stuff once its done
repolish once a year

Offline smiddy1

• Post Whore
POLISHING
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2002, 12:26:00 AM »
JUST LOOKS TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!  
Lookin' for a '03 40th, or '02 le in great shape. Need help, starting to get the shakes, snapping out at friends. I didn't know it would hit so soon. BUSA, it's a hell of a drug!

Offline smiddy1

• Post Whore
POLISHING
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2002, 12:29:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by E-RACER:
I have a bridge SYSTEM for sale also, Its in brooklyn,Anybody want to buy some!!The only kit for polshing alum,Is a lot of hard work,but its worth it..For some.

Just my 0.02 I don't know anything about polishing..

I'LL BUY IT FOR $19.95    . WIFE SAID NO,VISITED EBAY A FEW TIMES THIS WEEK. DAMN IT!

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
POLISHING
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2002, 05:38:00 AM »
I checked out that page and all I'll say is it ain't near that easy to do. I frickin' wish.
Polishing has great results but it's not easy very time consuming. Try www.caswellplating.com
that is where I get my products. I hope to have some pics after Christmas. ( i think I'm gettin a digital cam.)
previously owned a 01 blk/gry Busa little of this little of that...oh yeah and a ghetto turbo 320horse/200ft.lb. 8.92@169
Bikeless....for now.

Offline Kyrus

• Rider
    • http://www.kyrus.superbikeclub.com
POLISHING
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2002, 07:07:00 AM »
Busa for hire,
I saw that site on another post. I was gonna get the aluminium kit which comes with the black and brown compounds.  Do I need anything else in addition to that? White and Red??? I'm trying to get the reflection Motorhead has. My frame currently has sctraches in the sun. At a distance looks good. Get within 2 ft not so good.

Offline smiddy1

• Post Whore
POLISHING
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2002, 10:33:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Busa for hire:
I checked out that page and all I'll say is it ain't near that easy to do. I frickin' wish.
Polishing has great results but it's not easy very time consuming. Try www.caswellplating.com
that is where I get my products. I hope to have some pics after Christmas. ( i think I'm gettin a digital cam.)

ALREADY HAVE THEIR CAT.  

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
POLISHING
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2002, 05:27:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Kyrus:
Busa for hire,
I saw that site on another post. I was gonna get the aluminium kit which comes with the black and brown compounds.  Do I need anything else in addition to that? White and Red??? I'm trying to get the reflection Motorhead has. My frame currently has sctraches in the sun. At a distance looks good. Get within 2 ft not so good.

I use the balck with a sisal pad, then the brown with a sewn spiral then the white with it's own spiral and lastly the blue with a cotton flannel pad. you can eliminate the swirls with a few drops of water and some talcum powder. a good metal polish/wax will keep it shiny.        

Check out that link and look for the instructional book that you can download there. VERY HELPFUL!! www.caswellplating.com
like I said it's hard work but even harder if you try and skip steps.  
previously owned a 01 blk/gry Busa little of this little of that...oh yeah and a ghetto turbo 320horse/200ft.lb. 8.92@169
Bikeless....for now.

Offline Kyrus

• Rider
    • http://www.kyrus.superbikeclub.com
POLISHING
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2002, 05:49:00 AM »
 Thanks.. Can I get by with a drill to do this?

Offline Busa for hire

• Universal Post Whore
POLISHING
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2002, 08:05:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Kyrus:
     Thanks.. Can I get by with a drill to do this?

you could but i used a high speed buffer for the swingarm (still mounted) and a bench grinder with the guards removed for the small pieces. A drill would put a lot more of the work on you and It would bog down fairly easy with a pad of decent size. You can get a 1/2 hp bench grinder at menards for like $20
harbor freight sells em' cheap too.
I have about $120 into different pads and compounds, a bench grinder, a rotary tool (dremel), and a polishing kit for the dremel.
I already had the buffer and a standard grinder wold work although they are a little heavier to handle.  
my cams haven't shown yet so tomorrow I'm pulling the motor and starting the frame. Hope to have pics soon:cool:
Bikeless....for now.