Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: who is the go to person for nitrous?  (Read 67621 times)

Offline Gixx1300R

• Mad Post Whore
Re: who is the go to person for nitrous?
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2012, 08:27:23 AM »
you may also want to read Nitrous Oxide Performance Handbook By Jeff Hartman
War is nothing more than Old Men talking while Young men die

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2012, 08:37:30 AM »
 :hys: :hys:   Funny how you claim not to have time to enter in to a FACTUAL debate about solenoid design but you've managed to spend probably an hour or two searching the net for threads bad mouthing me, in an attempt to discredit my knowledge.  :hys: :hys: 

YOU and the people responsible for those LIES are extremely lucky that I live in the UK, because if I'd lived in the US, I'd have had my lawyers take legal action against all of you for LIBLE (that's publishing LIES about someone, as you're obviously to stupid to realise that's what you're doing) and I'd have taken every penny you own.

Something you should now be VERY CONCERNED ABOUT is that now I have an American partner, he'll be in a position to take legal action against ANYONE based in the USA who peddles these LIES any longer, as they potentially damage his investment, so this will be your ONE AND ONLY WARNING, make one more post like the one above and I will make my American partner aware of it and HE WILL take legal action against you and leave you without a dime to your name.

I'm also going to report you and the post to the moderator, because ANY website carrying LIBLE content and allowing it on their site/forum, is also at risk of legal action being taken against them, so don't be surprised if you are banned soon.

BTW if you have the slightest amount of sense you will remove ALL such posts before the moderator sees them.

Have a nice day now, as it may be one of the few days left to you, that you'll be able to afford to do so.

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2012, 08:43:10 AM »
I ALREADY HAVE and for your information I ASSISTED Jeff with it after my own book was published

link removed

You obviously haven't read Jeff's book, otherwise you'd have seen my name in the credits and our products mentioned along with pictures in it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:51:45 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2012, 08:45:24 AM »
BTW the moderators have been informed.

Offline Gixx1300R

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2012, 09:55:15 AM »
I ALREADY HAVE and for your information I ASSISTED Jeff with it after my own book was published;
http://www.noswizard.com/index.php/nitrous-ancillaries/books-apparel-stickers/nitrous-book.html

You obviously haven't read Jeff's book, otherwise you'd have seen my name in the credits and our products mentioned along with pictures in it.

Sorry no. I did not read Jeff's book. I am so glad you cleared that up. I just needed to make sure that you assisted him with writing that so there are no misunderstandings, thanks for the endorsement.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:57:07 AM by Gixx1300R »
War is nothing more than Old Men talking while Young men die

Offline JC_Biggs

• Rider
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2012, 10:39:20 AM »
not only do you not have any knowledge to stand on, but all the sites on the post you made are full of  facts and dozens of examples and successes... of course.. you would have to read more than 3 google links to know that..

dude just give up. go back to drilling holes in aluminum.. your good at that.

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2012, 01:54:43 PM »
Sorry no. I did not read Jeff's book.
It's quite obvious that you don't read ANYTHING, as you haven't removed the original post which has libellous content, so we'll have to see how the moderator reacts to that

I am so glad you cleared that up. I just needed to make sure that you assisted him with writing that so there are no misunderstandings, thanks for the endorsement.
 :hys: :hys:  Oh really, so without reading it you were aware that I'd contributed to the book.   :hys: :hys: 
BTW I DID NOT SAY that I'd assisted him with WRITING the book, he did that all on his own. Furthermore, making a contribution and as siting with providing details on those contributions, DOES NOT MEAN I endorse the book.

Thankfully his book is one of the top 3 I've ever read but unfortunately he has been excessively influenced by the mainstream nitrous manufacturers due to his own lack of nitrous expertise.

Jeff is NOT and does NOT claim to be a 'NITROUS' EXPERT, he is JUST a technical author, who collects information from a number of sources and presents them in a book form, so ALL the nitrous specific knowledge has come from other people, just as the knowledge about my products came from me. 

:hys: Pleased to see you're talented enough to manage to use a highlighting pen.  :hys:

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 02:10:49 PM by Noswizard »

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2012, 02:05:07 PM »

We do not see anything "libellous" in this post?

I guess you missed my Sarcasm.  If you really want to know who not to deal with just simply do a google search on their name. You will find plenty of info. Here is some

http://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/565873-anyone-using-racetested-wizards-nos-kits-3.html

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?s=db68501723db8be47c0cb02f3c382410&t=433102

http://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/565873-anyone-using-racetested-wizards-nos-kits.html

Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2012, 02:15:04 PM »
Please see my off thread reply.

Offline 6002abusa

• Rider
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2012, 10:12:31 AM »
After reading all of this I will add myself to the list of people who will not buy WON products. I'm currently running an MPS Spider. I have looked into the pulsoids and was very interested in them. After reading this I can no longer maintain interest. Its sad to see a company mouth that shows his ass so bad.

Offline JC_Biggs

• Rider
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2012, 11:21:22 AM »
After reading all of this I will add myself to the list of people who will not buy WON products. I'm currently running an MPS Spider. I have looked into the pulsoids and was very interested in them. After reading this I can no longer maintain interest. Its sad to see a company mouth that shows his ass so bad.

:hys: ignorance is bliss... you have no idea what the history here is. before you go bad mouthing someone why dont you get to know them. keep using your spider, but its inevitable you will change over... if you want to keep up that is.

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2012, 11:48:10 AM »
:hys: :hys: :hys: That's one less fool to deal with and adding a Pulsoid to a MPS Spider would be a TOTAL WASTE of a Pulsoid anyway, so you might as well stick with whatever INFERIOR solenoid you're using and remain a LOSER, as you'll NEVER beat a bike using a full WON system.

Offline BUSA750

• Rider
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2012, 06:00:49 PM »
Trev come on man u sell a great product it will sell it self me and u have talked on the phone before and over email you are a great guy.no reason to belittle people. the application of nitrous has came a long way.remember the day where people use to fog airbox some people still do.
In the pro st class nitrous bike where giving an advantage lighter weight,slider,2"ground clearance and an auto trans that why they went in the 6is.before the turbos did.They should not call it PST anymore because none of thought bike are that.
ALSO REMEMBER WHAT THIS POST WAS ABOUT A GUY WANTED TO KNOW WHO TO GO TO FOR NITROUS?
There are alot good people out there that mess with nitrous do your homework and pick one,someone that goes to the track and that can give u the support u need.not someone that is looking just to get pay.

Offline SLEEPERBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2012, 07:05:23 PM »
I have a friend named Fabian Bell, from the Houston, Texas area, that used WON pulsoids on a Sonny's Hemi headed 800" motor.
Trevor, do you remember that name? If so, would you possibly remember where he went wrong?
208.6mph/ Texas Mile. 10/24/2010

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2012, 07:23:33 PM »
Trev come on man u sell a great product it will sell it self
Thanks for that and yes it does sell itself as we don't spend anything to talk of on advertising, so it has to do but that's helped by results like those achieved by Cecil and others across the world.

me and u have talked on the phone before and over email you are a great guy.
Glad to hear it and very kind of you to say so.

no reason to belittle people.
In my first post you won't see anything negative about anything or anyone, it was only in my second post in reply to what seemed an unwise recommendation, that I half jokingly commented that any guy selling Zex kits etc. was NOT the man to go to.

The ONLY reasons I make any kind of negative comments about anything or anyone are as follows;

1) Someone is trying to sell a BADLY conceived product that will at best result in less than optimum performance and at worst could kill someone.
Nitrous is potentially an EXTREMELY DANGEROUS media to 'play' with, even when it is controlled by WELL DESIGNED products but when you add badly conceived products to that potential danger, you really are putting your life at risk.
The MAJORITY of engine failures, car and bike fires and physical injuries as a consequence are caused by 3 things only (neither of which is nitrous itself);
i) Badly conceived products
ii) Badly made products
iii) Operator error
I try to deal with the 3rd one by educating people by my extensive posts on my own forum and any others I have time for.
I deal with the other 2 causes by designing and manufacturing the best products on the planet AND by pointing out the flaws in other manufacturers products, because I feel it's MY OBLIGATION to make people aware of the risks they are taking, when buying such products.

2) Someone attacks me for telling the TRUTH and if they show a lack of respect, then they get it back with interest.

Personally I would rather have someone pointing out the flaws in products I was considering using, especially if those flaws could burn my bike to the ground or worse still, burn my car to the ground with me stuck inside it. Therefore, I have no compunction when it comes to making people aware of products that should NOT be on the market, when there are SAFE products that they should be buying.

the application of nitrous has came a long way.
In general I don't see any 'major' improvements outside our own product range. Sure there are one or two minor product improvements, like the Wilson Distribution block but in the main the products sold to the masses today are NO BETTER (and in many cases are FAR WORSE - nitrous RAILS are a perfect example) than they were 50 years ago.

remember the day where people use to fog airbox some people still do.
It depends what you mean by "fog" the airbox? If you mean add nitrous AND FUEL to the airbox entry, then yes that's an extremelt dangerous and stupid thing to do BUT if you mean adding JUST NITROUS to the entry to the airbox, then in some classes (Real street for example) and without the aid of a REVO system, that is THE BEST WAY to do it and that's how Cecil Towner first took the Real Street record, using that design of system that I supplied him.

In the pro st class nitrous bike where giving an advantage lighter weight,slider,2"ground clearance and an auto trans that why they went in the 6is.before the turbos did.
I COULD NOT DISAGREE MORE!!!! Now I could be wrong on this but I'm 99% sure I'm correct, so I'll continue. The rules for nitrous bikes changed a few years (4 or more), BEFORE Cecil's bike ran a 6.9 sec pass, so it had NOTHING to do with the rule change, otherwise he'd have run the 6.9 in his first year.
Nor was the run specifically possible due to the type of clutch that was used, because Cecil had run similar (unofficial) times before fitting the Hayes clutch.
The SOLE reason Cecil was able to run those numbers was and still is as follows;
1) The WON nitrous system makes FAR MORE POWER MORE RELIABLY than any other kit
2) The WON Pulsed is FAR MORE RESPONSIVE & ACCURATE than any other solenoid
3) As a consequence of the above unique qualities, Cecil was able to adjust the power delivery settings to achieve OPIMUM results.

Now you may wish to disagree with that but here's the proof for you;
1) Take the WON system off the bike and it will NOT run anywhere near as quick or as fast
2) Fit any other brand of kit (as Cecil was using PRIOR to switching to the WON system and it will NOT run as quick or as fast, plus it will destroy the engine after a small number of runs (if it doesn't do it during each run, as many others using other nitrous kits are finding), as was the case Cecil reported to me when he made the switch.

You could remove ANY other part from that bike and replace it with ANY other GOOD alternative and it will still run as quick as it's done and will do in future, as long as the WON system is on the bike/s.

BTW this is NOT taking anything from Cecil and his team, because;
1) He deserves credit for being smart enough to buy the WON systems
2) He's orchestrated not only the selection of the best parts but also the Assembly and testing of them as well as the tuning and maintenance of the whole package.
Consequently I pay all credit to him for giving my products the opportunity to prove they are THE BEST.

Now if you'd said that if nitrous bikes were on equal terms (with regards to all rules), with the turbo bikes in the class, that a nitrous bike probably wouldn't have run a 6.9 by now, then I'd have AGREED WITH YOU but I'm even working on changing that.   :wink:

ALSO REMEMBER WHAT THIS POST WAS ABOUT A GUY WANTED TO KNOW WHO TO GO TO FOR NITROUS?
I took that to mean nitrous product in general and knowledge, as did others who responded before me as far as I can see. Are you suggesting that's not the case??

There are alto good people out there that mess with nitrous do your homework and pick one,someone that goes to the track and that can give u the support u need. not someone that is looking just to get pay.
Not sure what you mean by that but if you want the best results from nitrous, you first need the best product, followed by the best advice and that was the only point I intended to make when I first posted.

Thanks for the post and I hope we're in agreement on these matters now.   :tu:   
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:51:05 PM by Noswizard »

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2012, 07:45:25 PM »
I have a friend named Fabian Bell, from the Houston, Texas area, that used WON pulsoids on a Sonny's Hemi headed 800" motor.
Trevor, do you remember that name? If so, would you possibly remember where he went wrong?
Yes I remember him VERY WELL and I had high hopes for what we'd achieve together but as you say, things went wrong and brought that to an end.

Like a lot of my customers, Fabian is not your average guy and is a big thinker but again like a lot of my customers, it can be better to leave some of that big thinking to me and just follow my advice.

In Fabian case his big thinking led him to use our nitrous Pulsoids to control the nitrous, while he used conventional electronic fuel injectors (which he supplied), to control the methanol fuel enrichment. We did some calculations for how much fuel he'd need for a given amount of nitrous but as we had no idea what the injectors were or what they would flow or what he was doing with them (for sure), that was ALL we could do. This meant that Fabian had to carry out a conversion of the single fuel flow requirement figures we gave him and flow tests to get the flow through the 8 fuel injectors to match it. 

Fabian was always hard to contact as I believe he worked away a lot but after we supplied the system I struggled to get in contact with him even more (to find out what he was doing and offer assistance) but eventually I managed to get in touch and ask how it was going.

His reply was, that the set up (tune) we'd supplied him with (a modest power level of about 350 HP from memory), had worked perfectly well but he'd wanted to increase the power and unfortunately he miscalculated and delivered too little fuel and wrecked the motor.  :-(

The last I heard he'd moved on to another project, which I think was a blown Pro Mod car, so I haven't heard from him since.   :( :(

If you get to speak to him, please tell him I send my best regards and I'd love to hear from him to hear what he's been doing since we last spoke.

Many thanks for the post. 

Offline SLEEPERBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2012, 08:00:35 PM »
I never knew the exact details, but I knew it didn't end well. As a long time friend of his, I can say, don't wait for that phone call.
He's currently on a Federally funded vacation for the next few years.
208.6mph/ Texas Mile. 10/24/2010

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2012, 08:07:49 PM »
I never knew the exact details, but I knew it didn't end well. As a long time friend of his, I can say, don't wait for that phone call.
He's currently on a Federally funded vacation for the next few years.
Many thanks for getting back to me.

I waited repeatedly for return calls so I could make sure he achieved great results but as you're aware, he wasn't one to bother.

Sad to hear he's on such a vacation, so I guess he has a good excuse for not calling me now. 

There's a thread on my forum with pics of his engine and nitrous system somewhere but I can't find it at present. It looked EXTREMELY GOOD and but for his miscalculation I'm sure it would have run some good numbers. 

Offline BUSA750

• Rider
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2012, 06:19:36 PM »

come on if turbos had this stuff they would of been in the 6's long a go  lighter weight,slider,2"ground clearance and an auto trans forgot all about the displacement and 70" that why he went 6.90  not just the nitrous part.

Rodney Williford did 6's it in outlaw awhile ago that what the nitrous bike are now outlaws

On another note the bike that billy vose grudge race is the fastest nitrous bike out there does it have won aboard

Offline JC_Biggs

• Rider
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2012, 07:04:04 PM »

come on if turbos had this stuff they would of been in the 6's long a go  lighter weight,slider,2"ground clearance and an auto trans forgot all about the displacement and 70" that why he went 6.90  not just the nitrous part.

Rodney Williford did 6's it in outlaw awhile ago that what the nitrous bike are now outlaws

On another note the bike that billy vose grudge race is the fastest nitrous bike out there does it have won aboard

nitrous had those rules for years before WON came along and no one went a 6. and nitrous are not outlaws.. not even close. id run over ANY pst nitrous bike with an outlaw..

thats about the most stupid couple of sentences Ive ever read.

and 1) i dont hink you have any idea whats on billys bike, and 2) if you watched the race, that race was won at the tree and was side by side the whole track with niether gaining or losing. Billys experiance won that race, not his nitrous.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 07:05:38 PM by JC_Biggs »

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2012, 07:15:52 PM »
YES and that's exactly what my point was when I said this in my previous post (although put in the reverse context);
Now if you'd said that if nitrous bikes were on equal terms (with regards to all rules), with the turbo bikes in the class, that a nitrous bike probably wouldn't have run a 6.9 by now, then I'd have AGREED WITH YOU but I'm even working on changing that.
However, that's NOT what you said in your previous post!!!
What you said in your previous post, was that those parts were the reason why Cecil had run a 6.9 BUT if that were the case (and not that it was primarily due to the WON nitrous system), ALL the nitrous bikes would have run 6s by now but the ONLY ones that have and are even close, are ALL using WON nitrous systems.

When it was announced that the rules were going to be changed to reduce the advantages nitrous bikes had been given, I was EXTREMELY PLEASED, because I want to be responsible for and see nitrous bikes BEAT turbo bikes on 100% EQUAL TERMS and as I also stated in the sentance from my previous post, I'm working towards that and I'm 100% confident we'll do it, even if it requires our revolutionary Nitrous Semi Sealed Induction System to do it;
link removed 

If they were outlaw they wouldn't be allowed to race in the class but I certainly wouldn't complain about the rules being levelled out more, because as I stated above I'm not happy about winning in handicapped classes, as it proves very little.

I don't know what gives you that idea, because as far as I'm aware the JDAM grudge bike (which does have a WON system on it), is the quickest and as none of these bikes disclose their times, it's impossible to prove it one way or the other.

I know the actual times the JDAM bike has run and all I can say is that for any other similar spec bike to be quicker, would be a hell of an achievement.

I'd also like to make a couple of further points with regards to this matter;

1) I've spent a good couple of HOURS talking to Billy recently and the guy certainly knows a great deal more about nitrous component design, use and tuning, so even if his bike was quicker, it won't be because the nitrous components he uses come from the factory as a better product than ours. It will be because of Billy's SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE and hios ability to apply better band aids than anyone else.

2) Regardless of what brand of nitrous kit it is fitted with, the ONLY true measure of which nitrous system is best, is when the same bike is run back to back using different kits, so even if Billy's bike was quicker than Cecil's it doesn't prove the nitrous kit is better than.

3) Billy may not have our WON system on any of his bikes now but I'd bet you EVERYTHING I OWN, that if I were to offer him a system for each of his bikes at no cost (FREE), he'd snap them up and fit them quicker than you could blink, because WE'VE ALREADY DISCUSSED IT.
My problem is that as Billy and Cecil are major competitors and as Cecil pays for our products, it would be totally unfair to Cecil to give them to Billy free. Since Billy can make even junk work better than anyone else, he doesn't see the need to pay for WON products, even though he recognises their superiority, so we have an awkward situation that I'm currently trying to resolve, because BOTH Billy and I would like to see my products on his bikes, especially the REVO's but whether it will ever happen, is yet to be determined.

4) For your further information, I've been approached by at least 50% of the TOP bike teams in the USA, wanting to USE my products (especially the REVO) but because they are top teams, they expect to get their products FREE, because most companies give their products to such teams as sponsorship.
However, I 'expect' ALL my customers to PAY for our products, because I don't think it's fair, that some guy struggling to pay his rent, pushes his budget to BUY one of my systems and then has to race against some top guy with a big budget, who I've just GIVEN a system.

BTW I hope you're not taking my replies to your posts in any way offensively, as they are posted with all due respect.
  :tu:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:28:46 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2012, 07:22:58 PM »
nitrous had those rules for years before WON came along and no one went a 6.
EXACTLY my point and NO other nitrous bike using ANY OTHER BRAND of nitrous kit is ANYWHERE NEAR CLOSE NOW!!!!
Not only are they nowhere near close on ET's but they're nowhere near close on engine reliability either.

thats about the most stupid couple of sentences Ive ever read.
I wouldn't go that far JC, there's been many much worse than that and I'm sure our friend here will reconsider his opinion in light of our replies, which is more than most people would do, because he's one of the smart guys that's at least considering the WON technology.   :tu:

and 1) i dont hink you have any idea whats on billys bike, and 2) if you watched the race, that race was won at the tree and was side by side the whole track with niether gaining or losing. Billys experiance won that race, not his nitrous.
Did I miss something??? Has Billy raced against the JDAM bike???

Offline BUSA750

• Rider
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2012, 07:41:36 PM »
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE FROM THE PRO ST NITROUS BIKE THAN THE OUTLAW CLASS  :hys:

U MAY WANT TO CALL BILLY BACK AND CONGRATULATE HIM ON HIS achievement ON ellamean... the fastest nos busa in the world it out ran jdam twice :eek: :eek: :eek: and jdam was sold :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 07:59:57 PM by BUSA750 »

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2012, 08:00:00 PM »
U MAY WANT TO CALL BILLY BACK AND CONGRATULATE HIM ON HIS achievement ON ellamean... the fastest nos busa in the world it out ran jdam twice :eek: :eek: :eek: and jdam was sold :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys:
You obviously missed JC's 'CORRECT' comment, that getting a bike down a track before the guy in the other lane, DOES NOT PROVE which bike is quicker, ONLY THE TIMING CLOCKS would do that and as I stated before, NOBODY knows the times that BOTH bikes have run.
Like I also stated, Billy has FAR GREATER KNOWLEDGE on nitrous, than ANYONE else I've ever spoken to (which includes most of the BIG name nitrous 'experts' (LOL) in the USA, so I will most certainly congratulate Billy on demonstrating not only his superior riding skills but also his extensive nitrous knowledge, in making a nitrous kit that he fully appreciates is (shall we say, 'less than ideal'), contribute to his success.

BTW anyone got a video link to those races?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:07:59 PM by Noswizard »

Offline BUSA750

• Rider
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2012, 08:07:18 PM »
Trev u are a good guy and you  know your stuff just picking a little. I know i modify the post but u have to stop giving that guy JC Biggs  free parts.
Jdam was just out powered u are right u win some u loss some but to sell the bike that said it all to me.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 08:27:12 PM by BUSA750 »