Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Supplier for Poly Hardware and such (nylon lines)  (Read 9134 times)

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
Supplier for Poly Hardware and such (nylon lines)
« on: June 15, 2012, 08:26:06 AM »
I can easily find poly lines, but are having a hard time finding the associated hardware (e.g. Y blocks, ferrells, adapters) and spray nozzles that use funnel jets.

Sources for such?   

Thanks!
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
Re: Supplier for Poly Hardware and such (nylon lines)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 09:26:10 AM »
I make my own Y blocks, showerheads and nozzles. what do you need?

Spraying into the ram tubes.  I need all the hardware from the solenoid forward except for the jets. 

1. Adapter for the solenoid
2. Y block
3. Two fan nozzles with caps for the poly lines that will accept funnel jets
4. Two ferrells for the termination of the poly lines into the nozzles

Thanks.
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline JC_Biggs

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 09:09:01 AM »
i dont see sponsor written on your name anywhere so why are you peddling parts?

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 09:40:45 AM »
What solenoids are you using and are you pulsing them?

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 11:25:54 AM »
What solenoids are you using and are you pulsing them?

Nope, don't believe in pulsing solenoids especially in LSR.  There is no way, as far as I can tell, to sync the pulses with intake strokes. When I turn the AFR resolution up on my dyno, I can physically see when the solenoids pulsates.  The AFR looks like a sine wave.   I'd rather use a step system where a can spray different amounts per gear (s) .
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »
Nope, don't believe in pulsing solenoids especially in LSR.
EXTREMELY WISE considering that you'll only have ever used GENERIC mass produced solenoids.

There is no way, as far as I can tell, to sync the pulses with intake strokes.
Entirely correct, as even our Pulsoids can't pulse above 50 Hz and you'd need in the region of 100 to 130 Hz to achieve that.

When I turn the AFR resolution up on my dyno, I can physically see when the solenoids pulsates.  The AFR looks like a sine wave.
Absolutely right and well observed. It's a shame that everyone isn't aware of that being the result, of pulsing TOTALLY UNSUITABLE 'SOLENOIDS' as part of a TOTALLY UNSUITABLE nitrous layout.
HOWEVER, when CORRECTLY DESIGNED solenoids (as is the case with our Pulsoids), are pulsed as part of a SUITABLY designed nitrous system, there are NO SIGNS on the AFR trace that you are using a pulsed system.
If you are tempted to doubt my word on this matter, I can provide you with AFR data log traces from TOP US based bikes to prove it.

I'd rather use a step system where a can spray different amounts per gear (s) .
We have MANY US based customers who have achieved a number of world records (some in LSR), who are using our pulsed systems to deliver different progressive amounts per gear and achieving MUCH GREATER RELIABILITY, than they achieved using even SINGLE hit kits, never mind multiple stages. Some of these have very small engines that are almost certainly adding much high percentages of nitrous than you have been doing and would therefore suffer from the problems you SO RIGHTLY pointed out IF those same problems applied to OUR SYSTEMS.

The keys to successful pulsed nitrous delivery are;
1) Use a solenoid that is capable at pulsing at the highest possible frequency, which rules out ALL except our Pulsoid, which is capable of up to 60 Hz depending on application - FYI that's about 3 times as fast as most generic solenoids
2) The solenoid should have an adjustable seat, so that the flow through the solenoid can closely match the flow desired through the jet/s - our Pulsoids are the ONLY solenoids in the world to have adjustable seats for this very reason.
3) The pipework must be of the smallest VOLUME that's JUST ADEQUATE to deliver the required amount of nitrous, rather than act as a reservoir - that's why our systems use small bore nylon pipe rather than excessively large bore braided hoses.
4) The system design should be such that the pulses of nitrous are DAMPED as much as possible, in order to smooth one pulse in to the subsequent pulse, effectively resulting in a continuous low flow rather than bursts of high flow - that's why our systems don't look like any other.

When you have ALL these consideration are taken in to account and acted on, a pulsed nitrous system can deliver an extremely smooth and consistent mixture ratio.

However, if you still doubt me and you'd like an even better alternative, you might like to take a look at our Rotary Electronic Variable Orifice system (REVO for short), as that delivers seamlessly smooth variable nitrous flow WITHOUT PULSING.

link removed

link removed

link removed

I look forward to reading your reply.
  :tu:

BTW my avatar is a picture of our Pulsoid alongside a REVO, as you'll see when you visit our REVO page.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:45:50 PM by ADMIN »

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 02:25:03 PM »
Thanks.

Funny that you mention a few key nitrous delivery suggestions that I already thought about.  I don't like spray bars because they mess with the air box harmonics and don't buffer the nitrous delivery.  I personally spray into the ram tubes, allowing an air filter as the median to equally distribute the delivery and the air box as the buffer mechanism. Everything post solenoid needs to be equal distant with small sweeping lines (I use Ys, no blocks)

And yes, our solenoids are mostly crap. ...but so is our nitrous (automotive that I have to buy, but that's another point)

The REVO is something that I just might be interested in ...  especially, if I can figure a way to program by gear.  That way I can match timing/fuel delivery
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline JC_Biggs

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 03:12:13 PM »
the MAX controller is more than capable of delivering the nitrous in anyway you see fit. You wont be disappointed. 

btw if you get in good with your dentist you might can get some sulphur free nitrous  :hys:

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 04:13:53 PM »
Thanks.
My pleasure and thanks for your reply.

Funny that you mention a few key nitrous delivery suggestions that I already thought about.
Glad to hear you've already considered some of them.

I don't like spray bars because they mess with the air box harmonics and don't buffer the nitrous delivery.
EXACTLY RIGHT on both counts, which are TWO of the reasons WE REFUSE to manufacture one and offer FAR BETTER options.

I personally spray into the ram tubes, allowing an air filter as the median to equally distribute the delivery and the air box as the buffer mechanism.
Which is EXACTLY the RIGHT thing to do, especially when using generic solenoids that are TOTALLY INADEQUATE to be pulsed.
However, it is NOT the best way to make PEAK power, which is what you NEED for LSR applications. What you NEED is SPECIFIC COMPONENTS and a FULL SYSTEM that is ALL DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY to be pulsed, otherwise you'll always be making do with a compromise.

Everything post solenoid needs to be equal distant with small sweeping lines (I use Ys, no blocks)
That sounds like I'm listening to myself talking and JC can confirm that I've been preaching that very principle for 35 YEARS (well JC knows it's been for the past 5 or more) and it's the principle ALL my Pro Series systems are based on.

link removed

Here's a few specific pictures;

And yes, our solenoids are mostly crap. ...
If only more people were as well informed as you are.   :(

but so is our nitrous (automotive that I have to buy, but that's another point)
Funny you should mention the nitrous itself, as we've recently discovered something rather unexpected and potentially dangerous about the sulphur dioxide content of it. I can't give full details now but suffice to say that sulphur dioxide is a key element in gunpowder.

The REVO is something that I just might be interested in ...  especially, if I can figure a way to program by gear.  That way I can match timing/fuel delivery
As JC has just mentioned, we can already achieve ALL THAT whether we use pulsed or REVO delivery, by means of our Max Extreme, which is the most advanced nitrous controller on the market bar none;

link removed
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:47:02 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 04:22:05 PM »
BTW there is a VITALLY IMPORTANT factor about nitrous flow through ANY 'divider' which is particularly important when using Y's, that I'd be VERY SURPRISED if you were aware of (because when we discovered it a few years ago, we found it to be very surprising), that can make the difference between perfect distribution and a wrecked engine.

With this being a very important factor and a certain person on this forum doing their best to rip off all my ideas, I'm not prepared to make a public post here but if you decide to use any of our products, ALL this EXTENSIVE knowledge that I've accumulated during 35 YEARS & INTENSIVE nitrous R&D, is the bonus you get for becoming a customer, that will NOT be available from ANYONE else.  :wink:

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 05:04:18 PM »
For your further information the system fitted to the BMW 6 cylinder plenum chamber (bottom picture) suffered from the problem I mentioned, as we created and plumbed it before we discovered it but thankfully it wasn't bad enough on that application to be a problem.

I should also tell you that all those system pictures showing plated Y pieces are very old systems as we've been supplying systems with the following Y-Blocks (that we have machined to our own exacting specifications), for a good few years now;

link removed
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:44:03 PM by ADMIN »

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 05:22:49 PM »
Here's a few CAD drawings of systems we've created for some of our existing US customers, that want to keep the fact secret so we can't post fitted pictures;

Pro Series system;

REVO Pro Series system

Dual Pulsoid Pro Series system