Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Stay away from SB CUSTOMS York PA..MY swing arm broke!!!!  (Read 52169 times)

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
And He doesn't want to do shit about it!!!!!

*****DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM SB CUSTOMS!!!!!!!*****swing arm I got from him broke almost crashed!!!!!!!...dont like to put anyone on blast but Scott the owner of SB customs doesnt want to make this write so I figured if I can save one person from getting hurt its worth it!!!!!!!!......I'll Start at the begining hope fb lets me type enough letters..met Scott at the Javitts motorcycle show a few year...s back and his arms looked nice and were reasonable priced and I told him I build alot of bikes and people are always looking for a nice arm at a good price and we can do lots of business if he's legit..placed the order for my arm and after reapeated excusses and months of waiting my arm finally came
.he said he got swamped after the show and at the time I understood and didnt need it right away...so I then order a few more arms.excusses and run arounds not answering emails call ect were normal when the arms finally came didnt fit!!!!!.to wide in the front pivot area(not by much easy fix but shouldnt have to!!) my other arm on my punkin bike was 3/8 to skinny another persons arm 1/2 to wide.. gouges and clamp marks in the arm powdercoated over ect ect..realized they were low cost arms but man some stuff is just crazy..the arm that was 1/2 too wide was for a 2011 gsxr I sent him he stock arm to go by and if you cant get that right probably shouldnt be making any arms at all!!!!..had the brand new bike balancing for months while he messed around and then it came and didnt come close to fitting!!!!!...contacted my lawyer and going go have to sue him for the damages to my bike!!!!!!!..the week before I was goin 170mph and would of been killed if it happen then!!!!!! And have heard threw a few people who use to work there he was fully aware of the weakness and other arms have broke and he didnt do anything about it!!!..*****anyone else contact me might be a class action lawsuite!!!!****

Offline confused-busa

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Re: Stay away from SB CUSTOMS York PA..MY swing arm broke!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 05:33:04 PM »
I have heard from a few people that the arms they got from him were breaking at the welds.

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 12:22:14 AM »
Hes a drunk fool and someones goin get killed!!!

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
  • Ok. So sometime I can be a little full of myself.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 12:46:17 PM »
Could you post pics of the break. I am going to build a arms and don't want to do it that way,, Apparently.

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 03:14:03 AM »

Offline HEAVY

• New User!
  • FIXER
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 09:34:44 PM »
Ouch! :shock: Thanks for the foresight!

Offline busa-jake

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 08:20:59 AM »
Hey man, what arm do you have now?  I am going thru a very similar deal with "Elite Custom Machine".  After not even 500 miles the bearings blew out of the jackshaft locking up my rear wheel on my way back from Bike Week.  The guy won't respond to me and lied to me.  He is still using a pic of my bike on his web page, after I told him countless times to remove it.  I am so sick of these dirt bags screwing people over!

Offline whtrthanu

• Post Master
    • www.saeoutlawperformance.com
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 07:07:20 PM »
ive had to fix a few different 360 arms from different guys....the one im workin on now is for a customer that got it from SB....that fuckin thing is embarrassing...there aint nothing good about it....customer wants it on....I told him its twisted and the welds are cold, no penetration...scary

Offline cevans6318

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 07:56:24 AM »
I purchased a used 2006 gsxr 1000 with a 12 over swingarm with 360 tire from a dealer in PA that had an SB swingarm on it. I took my first ride with the bike and noticed a funny sound in the drivetrain while riding. took the bike to a shop that said the issue was in the driveline and the end result was the swingarm was not centered on the bike. end result was I had to replace the swingarm. I can say there swingarms are shit.

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 01:46:28 AM »
complete junk fellas..others have broke and he knows about it and chooses to do nothing!!!!!

EviL heard My story and stepped up and sponsored Me a arm!!!...Great company and reasonable priced arms..thx again!!!!!

Offline busa4mee

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 08:13:46 AM »
Evil is number one

-Jesse

Offline Tom22345

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 07:29:40 PM »
now that all the crappola has died down, here's a couple facts regarding eracer's issues:

eracer aka Ed Johnson, was told point blank his "standard" arm was not suitable for turbo-charged super-uber powered Busa racing machines.

he did it anyway.

anyone familar with fatigue failure in metal? check out the pix.
this is not a catastrophic failure; it's long slow fatigue.
(yeah, I'm a degreed engineer and I did the FEA. . . )

close as SB-Customs LLC can pin it down, eracer was running this arm for some two years in competitive drag racing before failure.

anybody run two years plus at 180mph+ drag racing without inspecting their running gear?

and, according to an eyewitness to the event, eracer aka Ed Johnson made modifications to the stock design.

SB Customs LLC offered to replace the swingarm, and power coat damaged parts, however:

eracer/Ed Johnson refused to return the (modified) damaged parts - wonder why?
insisted per "his lawyer" he was entitled to recover his travel costs, track costs, travel gas/tolls/mileage, entrance fees, breakfast sandwich costs, etc etc etc.
while engaged in competitive closed track racing,,,, yeah, that works.

eracer aka Ed Johnson made super big hay with the Better Business Bureau that SB Customs LLC refused to address his "problem" - he neglected to mention to the BBB the competitive racing bit, the two years of racing use, his demands for a new swing arm, new bike, new trailer to put it on, new truck to tow the trailer, new garage to store it and a new house to attached to the new garage, his refusal to return "defect" parts, etc etc
(okay, a bit over blown....)

so, bottom line, no - SB-Customs LLC does not support such unreasonable idiots.
otherwise, SB Customs LLC stands behind its products 100%

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 09:10:38 PM »
your a jackass from this post,first of all it wasn't on a turbo busa looks to be on a 1000 and second of all I very seriously doubt he was doing 180mph in the quarter on that particular 1000,and I very seriously doubt the rest of what you are speaking is the truth. :td:

Offline moparict

• Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 05:54:12 AM »
your a jackass from this post,first of all it wasn't on a turbo busa looks to be on a 1000 and second of all I very seriously doubt he was doing 180mph in the quarter on that particular 1000,and I very seriously doubt the rest of what you are speaking is the truth. :td:

That is a turbo'd 1000 and I'd say 180mph isn't unreasonable.

Offline Stainless1

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 08:38:39 AM »
now that all the crappola has died down, here's a couple facts regarding eracer's issues:

anyone familar with fatigue failure in metal? check out the pix.
this is not a catastrophic failure; it's long slow fatigue.
(yeah, I'm a degreed engineer and I did the FEA. . . )

no dog in the fight but...
look at the picture, there is minimal penetration on the piece still welded to the arm
Looks like the piece separated at the weld, then tore the remaining metal
I would guess if litigation is involved the last thing anyone would do is give the evidence back to the manufacturer... I'm sure you will have the chance to see it in the future...

Bonneville 200 MPH Club
245 MPH Turbo Busa Powered Lakester
208.959 MPH NA GSXR 1000

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 02:57:24 PM »
Tom sounds like the owner(loser) of crappy sb!!..My bike goes 170 plus in 1/4 and is mostly a streetbike..and selling crap arms that break and how you handled your business is the problem..not what people do with there arms!!!...most ppl buy extended arm to race dumb ass..and i guess I was the dumb ass for not buying a well know name brand arm and believing you were goin make it right in the first place!!!

I know by you signing up under these new names you feeling the pain in your crappy small sham you call a business.!!.and Im not gn stop telling ppl till your out of business!!!!!..hopefully no-one gets hurt or killed in the process!!!!!

He knows of bunch other arms that broke and he chooses to keep making junk crap.that breaks!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 03:02:48 PM by E-RACER »

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 03:03:46 PM »
And how did I modify the arm?..you can see cold welds and crappy china fence post aluminum!!!!

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 06:50:52 PM »
Yeah that was all welding problem. i am no master at welding aluminum but i know junk when i see it
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline Tom22345

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 08:39:11 PM »
eracer can whine all he wants.

SB Customs told him the arm was not suitable for turbocharged drag racing - he did it anyway.

SB Customs offered to replace the arm, he declined the offer.

for all the welding experts, the photo clearly shows the weld intact on both the cross member and the shock mount.  so much for cold welds.

check the bulge in the cross member.  it has been over stressed, repeatedly, and finally the weld bead itself fractured.

as to other arms breaking, etc. - interesting fabrication. wonder why SB Customs has not heard about this.....
SB Customs has supplied literally hundreds of stock, 240, 300 and 360 extended arms for all the GSXR, Busa and Kawasaki models.

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2013, 10:17:41 PM »
Im goin whine till you meth heads are in the unemployment line!!!!!!

:hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :kk: :kk: :rev: :rev:

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 10:30:47 PM »
Your lucky I wasn't hurt!!!!..But I'm really pissed cause I could of been!!!

And Your junk stuff messed Up My showbike!!!

A replacement arm..sure so I can worry when I ride!!!...You have a F rating By the BBB for a reason!!!..and Im goin to warn ppl till Your out of business!!

Offline Tom22345

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2013, 01:27:48 AM »
>>You have a F rating By the BBB for a reason!!!..

might want to check on that.  apparently your BS didn't fly there, either.

http://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-eastern-pa/business-reviews/motorcycles-supplies-and-parts/sb-customs-llc-in-red-lion-pa-235984501/

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2013, 12:50:36 PM »
You are correct the weld is mostly intact BUT there is 0... that is ZERO penetration
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2013, 05:02:49 AM »
It was a F Rating you must of cleaned that up somehow..just like your trying clean up your junk parts that break thread here!!!!

Your just making youself and your new fake screen name(not even sure if u have a name here lil scotty) more dumb than you already are!!!

Heres some stuff thats not BS..your stuff is shitty.and made in china aluminum.you cant weld for shit.your parts break.you know about it and choose to do nothing.your a pos bad bussinesman and a overall sucky person.of no honor!!!!...noone here goin stick up for you or your junk shit..now go smoke some more meth!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 05:07:32 AM by E-RACER »

Offline Tom22345

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2013, 12:08:49 PM »
it's not a  fake screen name

SB Customs sources the 6061 aluminum from a mill in Georgia, United States of America - just in case there's a Georgia, China

you were told by SB Customs the arm was not intended or suitable for turbocharged drag racing.  you did it anyway - now you want some one else to be responsible for your mistakes.