Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Stay away from SB CUSTOMS York PA..MY swing arm broke!!!!  (Read 52170 times)

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
Re: Stay away from SB CUSTOMS York PA..MY swing arm broke!!!!
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2013, 01:04:13 AM »
Yup..the welds looked good on outside...but no way to tell how well they burned in to other surface...funny thing is he writes about what i wrote (which is pretty clear) and not just admit his junk parts break..like i said before.after my incident i heard and seens pics from others whos SB arms broke.were crooked.one had two different adjuster blocks...one kawi one suzuki!!s.... Rim at sae outlaw all wobbly seen it with my own eyes and that arm wasnt straight either...

Offline turbo051k

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2013, 07:37:39 PM »
Yup..the welds looked good on outside...but no way to tell how well they burned in to other surface...funny thing is he writes about what i wrote (which is pretty clear) and not just admit his junk parts break..like i said before.after my incident i heard and seens pics from others whos SB arms broke.were crooked.one had two different adjuster blocks...one kawi one suzuki!!s.... Rim at sae outlaw all wobbly seen it with my own eyes and that arm wasnt straight either...
Whats up Ed,its Oldgixxer...I have a different screen name here  :mrgreen:
'97 DS-80
'82 GS 1100E
'00 Turbo Busa
'05 Turbo GSXR-1000
'09 Busa
'13 GSXR-1000
'15 John Deere L-140
'06 18" Stihl Farm Boss
'07 Echo leaf blower
'09 Echo weed wacker
'15 Polaris Sportsman 570

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2013, 06:36:04 AM »
Same ole stuff My friend....talking about same shitty swingarm that broke!!!!

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2013, 12:12:18 PM »
I've seen several stock stretched arms that have never failed. Even after 10 effing years of hard drag racing. I guess the factory welds better than this douchebag.

If you knew his arm was not up to the task you shouldn't have modded it in the first place you dipshit!

Your welds did not penetrate and as an amateur welder even I can see that. When dealing with parts such as a swingarm, you best know your welds are 100% or have them xray'd before tackling something that could result in a death. Even if he wasn't drag racing, I would venture that arm would have failed after a few normal bumps and ruts in the road going a measely 40mph.

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2013, 02:21:13 PM »
Whoa...whos a dipshit???..

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2013, 04:58:29 PM »
Whoa...whos a dipshit???..

....not you brother....

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2013, 11:34:29 PM »
O you also said someone knew it wasnt suited for my use and was modded?

I never modded it and def didnt think it would break..but you live and learn..

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2014, 03:44:09 AM »
Guess hes still in business  :shock:...and cant see how...so bump for a chump and bad businessman!!!

Stay away stay safe...stick to name brand companies!!!!!!

Offline InfiniteReality

• Rider
  • Plate Reads: MY 420
    • My Website
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2015, 12:34:15 PM »
Sorry for reviving the thread, but I just was thinking out loud and realized I've had my SB-Customs swing arm installed on my bike for over 5yrs now and decided to search to see if others have used them after me...  Sad to see this, but mine is still solid as day 1 and looks just as good still.  I had a great experience with both Tom and Scott, got the chance to talk to both of them throughout the process.

For the record, I distinctly remember their site having a disclaimer saying it's not meant for drag racing or something to that effect.  I do not recall turbo being part of it.

2009 Charcoal/Silver Hayabusa
Lowered, 6+, Widened Stock Wheel, All LEDs, Everything Blacked Out

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2015, 12:34:34 PM »
Terry McIntosh..........and that is all I have to say about that.  From first phone call to my front door was 5-6 weeks. 2-6" over Pro-Lite are stock black powder coated, welds look as good if not better than factory, 1/4" thick alloy both sides. Top and bottom of arm are 1/8" thick. All bearing races installed and ready to bolt on, 5 lbs lighter than stock.

1425 to my front door.

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 09:05:12 PM by Ghost-Geezer »
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2015, 02:04:08 AM »
Well I'm glad yours didn't break.alot of.others have,and im.glad you also bumped this ad.scotts.a.pos and didn't make.it right..

If you almost crashed.the arm.you bought messed up your bike and owner did nothing I'm sure you be pissed also..so.extended.arms.aren't for bikes that are raced?..thats a good one!!..and my a stock motor 6lb boost is a baby turbo bike.not 500 hp pro street bike!!

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2015, 02:07:15 AM »
I'm sure he added not for drag after mine broke..he actually told me.they were for.off.road..lmfao..cause let's face it alot wide tires bike and extended arm bikes.go.off.road!!!..guys a clown and a drunk and his stuff fails..I had about 15 people email me.saying he knew about others and has done nothing about there damage either..good luck and I hope you have good insurance!!

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2015, 12:12:56 PM »
To me, one broken arm out of 1,000 is one too many.  I guess that is an unrealistic expectation, at least from SB.  Not trying to make an enemy but we have a world-class welder here in town who taught it for his entire working career - Freddie - who won Sturgis in Harley Top Fuel recently.  I've known him for 20 years and his stuff looks a fugguva lot better than what I have seen on this thread.  He used to weld on my cylinder heads on my old Shovelhead strokers - both were 109 inchers back when 109 inch Hoggs were not that plentiful. 

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2015, 12:15:55 PM »

That is double ugly welding.  You can really tell by the two in-tact tubes that look like someone smeared bathroom caulk over them with their fingers and then spray painted it black. :td:

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline InfiniteReality

• Rider
  • Plate Reads: MY 420
    • My Website
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2015, 01:31:28 PM »
This is interesting, specifically post #15...

www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=62055

2009 Charcoal/Silver Hayabusa
Lowered, 6+, Widened Stock Wheel, All LEDs, Everything Blacked Out

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2015, 10:08:16 AM »
This is interesting, specifically post #15...

www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=62055

A picture is worth a thousand words, as old mama used to say, when she caught me in bed with my first cousin, a female, in case you were wondering.

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2015, 06:56:11 PM »
 :hys:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2015, 11:27:41 AM »
:hys:

You laughin' again? I don't think its' nice you laughin'.  See, my mule don't like you laughin', he gets the crazy idea you're "laughin'' at him........but if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I just might convince him you didn't mean it. :mrgreen:

I ended up marrying her (no, we ain't hillbillies) on May 4, 1974 and we stayed together for 3 1/2 years..........until she finally realized what a horrible mistake she had made.  :wink:

Outrageous sex, but different life goals...........she ended up with a six figure government job in DC and never married again.........guess I ruined it for her.  She has, I believe, now gotten close to retirement age and owns a beautiful home in Durham, paid for, and has close to a million stashed away plus her govt. pension.............when she leaves........according to her brother.

I ended up with Lynda, she has remained with me for 35 years now so I think this one is a keeper.  :tu:  Marvelous cook, fantastic mother and mate/friend, world traveler, great physical shape, and most of all..........................she still loves me, I can feel it and see it in all she does, don't have to hear it, just know it, just like I know the sun will rise tomorrow.  You cannot put a price on that - it is priceless.  :tu:

When I had reached to "low point" with the vodka/beer and valium, I took my pistol-grip 12 gage and blew three 00 buck rounds into my town house walls when we were separated.  That was the end.  She pulled me out of that shit and got me into rehab with the VA and I got "clean".  She did not have to do that.  But she did. 

The woman saved my life.  :hrt:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 07:47:36 PM by Ghost-Geezer »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2015, 03:53:02 AM »
#15. I made few movies and I shouldnt of and apologized .what's  that got do with selling  crappy crooked stuff and shitty arms that break?..!!!!! Is this the master welder Scott himself with new screen Name?

I know for fact you lost alot business because of me and still dreaming of the day I see you!!!.we can make video of that it be called eat My f**t!!!-.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 03:56:09 AM by E-RACER »

Offline E-RACER

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2015, 04:07:32 AM »
Just read all comment again and see you have one his arms and aren't him (he had few screen. Names here)..I'm happy for you it didn't break yet.and hope you don't get hurt if it does!!..sliding sideways and messing my show bike up will have person. Pissed..then he called me drunk k one night talking shit!!

Out paths will meet again some day and I guarantee you won't be talking shit..

Ps.he's on alot black lists you quoted one of me. Making a few movies..not that it was right but hardly justifies a business selling parts that he knows have broken before and can get someone killed!!