MEMBERS > MEMBER PROJECTS

Just another try to build a low cost diy turbo busa

<< < (2/11) > >>

gsx-rboy750:
MORE MORE MORE. Super nice header. Its funny the size turbos you can use compared to the car guys. I have to remind them that motorcycle spin twice the RPMs normally. Twice the exhaust flow.
Really want to seethe pics of your manifold!

Pete:
Truly an amazing DIY build - I love the ceramic coating - have you got any details on the product for us?

What are you doing for an oil return from the turbo? I just re-made a scavenge pump for mine which screws directly into the engine cover. Beinterested to see how you've done yours.

fooorumi:

--- Quote from: Pete on September 04, 2012, 04:52:19 PM ---Truly an amazing DIY build - I love the ceramic coating - have you got any details on the product for us?

What are you doing for an oil return from the turbo? I just re-made a scavenge pump for mine which screws directly into the engine cover. Beinterested to see how you've done yours.

--- End quote ---

Thank you! Well here's the product info for ceramic coating:  :mrgreen:
http://www.martelius.com/index.php?module=ekauppa&type=2&product=TL-BHK250

Basically it's a solvent based high-end coating with the best insulation capabilities on the market. Will stand 1100C -degrees (2012 F) without cracking or scaling. Also oil doesn't burn into it and it does harden without using an oven but just running the engine warm. In the small print there's a lot detailed information about preparation but basically the part needs to be cleaned by aluminium oxide or fine sand blasting, wiping with solvent and pre-heated before spraying.

For the oil drain in my case turbo oil return pump is not needed as I placed the turbo well above oil level (see the picture). For turbo oil drain I made a pipe like this of steel, cost - zero  :mrgreen: (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Oil-Drain-Return-Pipe-Kit-Garrett-BB-GT25-GT28-GT30-GT35-GT3076R-GT3582R-/180962166842?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a222f883a&vxp=mtr#ht_1185wt_1163)

Then I used inner diameter 16mm (5/8") oil proof hose to connect turbo and oil sump. A proper way to go through the sump wall (which I'll do during winter) is to weld a bung to the sump but at the time there was a bit hurry and I didn't have access to tig any more so I drilled a hole (actually two, the first I made accidentally at the wrong side :x) and put there 3/4" hex nipple + a nut inside the sump (locked by thread lock and wire). In this nipple I welded 90-degree steel curve (not yet in the pictures) and attached oil hose to it. Not much pro but it's been good for 1000 miles already  :bike:

moparict:
Love'n the parts in the house and the DIY attitude!!!  Stay strong and fight the good fight!! :tu:

Pete:
Nothing wrong with using that bulkhead fitting - that's what they are made for.

You did well to get that big turbo high enough to gravity-drain :thumb:

That coating isn't cheap - £80 for les than half a pint! Did you use the whole pot on your headers?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version