Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: nitrous on pass switch  (Read 7250 times)

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
nitrous on pass switch
« on: October 12, 2012, 11:33:04 AM »
I want to put a small dry shot on the pass switch,does anyone know what color wires and where they are located that I can tap into.I looked up some old post but was a little confused because they was saying a few diffrent colors.

Offline moparict

• Post Whore
Re: nitrous on pass switch
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 12:03:00 PM »
If I remember correctly, yellow with red tracer.

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 12:10:58 PM »
ok on what side the plug the one closer to the switch or on the other side the plug or does it matter,also what would the other solenoid wire hook to. :tu:

Offline moparict

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 01:29:26 PM »
It doesn't matter which side of the plug.  Which ever is easiest to tap into.  The other side of the solonoid goes to ground.

So remember that whenever your high beams are on, the solonoid is powered whether you use the "flash to pass" button or the "high beams" switch.   I used this same set up as a "catch up" in my bike just in case I wheelied or spun coming off the line.  45 HP was just the right amount to do the job.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 01:32:12 PM by moparict »

Offline Ludicrous Speed

• Post Master
  • Southern IL
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 10:52:25 PM »
I did it off of the starter button on mine.   Much easier to hit that for me than the flash to pass button.
2009 White/Blue Hayabusa
2004 Busa-Black and Purple  TOTALLED BY INATTENTIVE TEEN DRIVER!
67 Camaro (big tire bracket car)
89 Mustang GT vert

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 12:31:45 AM »
The flash to pass switch needs a little re-wiring to make it work. It is directly connected into teh headlight circuit right at the hi-lo beam switch.

I re-wired my flash to pass as a scramble button for my boost controller and I used to have my hi-lo re-wired to use as a fan switch, but I don't have a fan on the bike anymore. Both required re-soldering the switch terminals.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline bigbill1441

• Post Master
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 12:58:46 AM »
The flash to pass switch needs a little re-wiring to make it work. It is directly connected into teh headlight circuit right at the hi-lo beam switch.

I re-wired my flash to pass as a scramble button for my boost controller and I used to have my hi-lo re-wired to use as a fan switch, but I don't have a fan on the bike anymore. Both required re-soldering the switch terminals.
so you saying it will not work if i just tap in to the flash pass switch without re wiring.

Offline moparict

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 06:18:17 AM »
Worked on mine.  Unless he is talking about the flash to pass button only and bypassing the high beam switch. 

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 07:13:30 AM »

so you saying it will not work if i just tap in to the flash pass switch without re wiring.

No, I'm not saying it won't work, I am saying you may need to tap into it at or near the switch itself, and may need to cut a connection to the hi-lo switch.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline badass1000

• Post Master
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 12:56:14 PM »
I use the flash to pass button as the nitrous button, push button second stage boost, or scramble/increase boost button on turbo bikes with ams1000 whenever I can.  Horn for air shifter.
The pass button is directly wired to the high beam switch.  about half way between the control and the wire harness conector the pass button wire is soldered to the high beam wire. So if you tried taping in on the main harness side after the conector whatever you are controlling would be activated if the high beams were turned on.  I cut the pass button wire where it is soldered to the high beam wire and attach whatever I want to activate their.

I use the dsm lower button on gen 2 busas for nitrous activation with ecu editor.