Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: gen1 arm on a gen2 question  (Read 3610 times)

Offline dave3.4

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
gen1 arm on a gen2 question
« on: January 06, 2013, 07:03:09 PM »
 I have  trac arm from a gen1 and was wondering if it'll work on a gen 2.I know the brake stays are different but what about the rotors? Any reason it wouldnt work if I use aftermarket brake stay?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 07:12:48 PM by dave3.4 »

Offline WICKSBUSA

• Post Whore
Re: gen1 arm on a gen2 question
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 09:23:49 AM »
Dave I used a gen 1 arm on my gen 2.  I had to mill the outside of the brake hanger .125 and just used a little trianlge from hardcore for the brake hanger to keep it from rotating.

Offline dave3.4

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 12:51:18 PM »
The shock pivot worked? Every post I read says something different

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 07:38:08 PM »
 I put up a thread on this. :D  It should be in the search engine somewhere. Just the lower pivot sleeve and brake hanger assembly is different. I put the suzuki part number and description in the thread. I got a brake hanger adapter from Exotic cylces and then trasferred everything over. Mine is a Mac arm but it should make no difference. Then Exotic Hanger piece is about 150.00
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline confused-busa

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 04:11:50 PM »
You have to use shock pivot bearings for the year arm your using with the spacer/bushing for that year also. As far as brakes I am using a gen 2 arm with gen 1 wheels and brakes. Just had to machine down a brake bar eliminator on a angle so it will fit under the gen 2 arm. In your case I would think that you would have to weld the brake bar holder from a gen 2 arm on the inside of the gen 1 style arm.