Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: motor mods  (Read 6720 times)

Offline dave3.4

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
motor mods
« on: November 22, 2012, 05:32:12 PM »
 I just   got a gen2 and trying to decide what direction to go with it. I know  on the gen 1  the dual intake cam mod was good for a few extra hp but I havent heard anything about the gen 2.  anyone try it?  what about stock bore high compressio pistons? anyone have some results with them? I know the 1441  makes good power but what about starting issues?

Offline fubar569

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
Re: motor mods
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 09:52:38 PM »
Decide a path NOW...BEFORE you start modding...what do you want to do with the bike, how much power do you wanna make? do you wanna drag/LSR/whatever...or just local bragging rights? do you ride it daily or only occasionally?

By the time i was done with my previous 06...I had well over 2 grand wrapped up into it not counting labor...for rwhp in the 170's...yeah...i haz a disappoint. I was over half way past the cost of a decent turbo kit...

when i got the '11...I didn't do a single thing to it...and at literally 101 miles and 24hrs old i bit the bullet right off the bat & went turbo...couldn't be happier with the decision...

it's a lot cheaper to decide what you want NOW...than to find out the hard way like i did..

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 12:02:37 AM »
Gen II already has a bigger ex cam
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline dave3.4

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 04:27:36 AM »
Decide a path NOW...BEFORE you start modding...what do you want to do with the bike, how much power do you wanna make? do you wanna drag/LSR/whatever...or just local bragging rights? do you ride it daily or only occasionally?

By the time i was done with my previous 06...I had well over 2 grand wrapped up into it not counting labor...for rwhp in the 170's...yeah...i haz a disappoint. I was over half way past the cost of a decent  turbo kit

when i got the '11...I didn't do a single thing to it...and at literally 101 miles and 24hrs old i bit the bullet right off the bat & went turbo...couldn't be happier with the decision...

it's a lot cheaper to decide what you want NOW...than to find out the hard way like i did..

Trust me I know,been there done that. I just sold my turbo bike and know I want to try a different rout. The price turbo bike  are going for these days it doesnt make since to me to build another one. The rush of a turbo is hard to beat thats for sure so theres always a little voice in my head saying turbo turbo turbo.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 12:45:50 PM by dave3.4 »

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 11:45:07 AM »
I knew it wouldnt be long  :hys:. Just leave it alone Dave and ride the damn thing buddy. :tu:

Offline dave3.4

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 12:46:58 PM »
I knew it wouldnt be long  :hys:. Just leave it alone Dave and ride the damn thing buddy. :tu:

yeah they get boring quick when they are stock after having something with more then  twice the power

Offline fubar569

• OFF TOPIC
  • Rider
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 12:48:06 PM »
Trust me I know,been there done that. I just sold my turbo bike and know I want to try a different rout. The price turbo bike  are going for these days it doesnt make since to me to build another one. The rush of a turbo is hard to beat thats for sure so theres always a little voice in my head saying turbo turbo turbo.

There is only one answer then... :wink:

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 01:11:39 PM »

yeah they get boring quick when they are stock after having something with more then  twice the power
your not joking  :thumb: