Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: NITROUS newby  (Read 18017 times)

Offline blackbusa08

• Rider
NITROUS newby
« on: January 06, 2013, 02:12:04 PM »
hello hayabusa world... i have a 2000 hayabusa with a rebuild engine 1397cc with wiseco pistons and yochi cams

i have ordered a nitrous express kit  ....http://www.nitrousexpress.com/power_sports/product-details.php?id=2

i want to instal o inject nitrous in both ram air tubes.. second spray kit is olas on his way

no i have couple questions...

1. what about air filter?  wil the nitrous go tru the filteror is it better that i inject after the air filter?
2. i want a small 20 shot to start with, they say with the air temp sensor in the airbox   i dont need further tuning.. is this corect?
3. i dont want to mount the microswitch, is the a easy tps system i caan use?  (i was thincking of the smal nos controller?

thansk in advance for reply
in belgium nobody can halp me with this

Offline nitrousexpress

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Re: NITROUS newby
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 05:32:45 PM »
The system adss power either way, but spraying  the nitrous AFTER the air filter makes the system more effecient.

If you spray on the engine side of the air filter 20 hp  is obtainabal with out remapping the fuel, but you will make more power al the time if you do add a lttle fuel, the bikes are set up pretty lean from the factory.

NX #15961P is a good TPS base trigger.
Official Site Supporter

Offline glarior

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 02:36:16 PM »
A/F gauge never hurt either. Running lean would not make for a good day.

LTA-221.18mph - MPS/F-2000/4 Class record
Mojave - 213.2
Texas Mile - Goliad 201mph
Texas Mile - Beeville 210.5mph

Did I mention it was on a zx14? :-)

Offline firemanjim

• Post Whore
    • Black Art Racing
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 11:42:39 PM »
If he changed over to a 2002 ECU he could use secondary map for nitrous.
Official Site Tuner

Home of one of the fastest 750cc bikes in the world
239MPH faired, 217MPH naked!
Bonneville 200 Club
El Mirage 200 Club
Mojave Mile 200 Club
Mojave Magnum 200 Club
NEDRA 100 MPH Club
Gairdner 200MPH Achiever 2013
2014 1st place Mojave Mile N/A bike
2015 top speed trophy at WOS
Colorado mile 200 MPH club
2017 DLRA 200 MPH club
2018 Shift Sector 200 MPH Club

Offline STREETDRAG

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 10:25:33 AM »
Also NEVER spray nitrous without adding fuel to compensate for what nitrous does create room to add more fuel to a space..I still don't get how people tell folks no retuning is needed when you add nitrous. People blow stuff up thinking I can do that with 40 hp too  :hys:

Offline STREETDRAG

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 10:41:28 AM »
I won't argue with you... good day

Also NEVER spray nitrous without adding fuel to compensate for what nitrous does create room to add more fuel to a space..

Wise advice although your reason for why additional fuel is 'needed' is wrong.

It has NOTHING to do with nitrous 'creating room' it is solely because you are adding oxygen, which means you MUST add extra fuel, to maintain the correct mixture (oxygen to fuel) ratio and doing that in any way other than a FULL REMAP using an after market ECU will have relatively low limits.

Offline STREETDRAG

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 10:55:44 AM »
 :D It's a shame nitrous systems of the USA are stuck in the Dark Ages, but so is your personality..

I realize something every time you speak, The reason why your company isn't on the level of the so called dark ages nitrous companies of the USA.. It's the equator on your face.. Hire a spokesperson or your only success will be your failure..

It's so easy to be a FCUK, WE SEE EVEN A CAVE MAN CAN DO IT..  :hys:

PS. I know how nitrous works, your not the only person in the whole wide world that does.. Sometimes a genius explanation will completely confuse one that doesn't think at that level like it did you not being able to think that way..  :hys: 

I won't argue with you... good day
Wise move because with THIRTY FIVE YEARS of my life DEDICATED to understanding nitrous oxide and creating the most advanced nitrous products in the world, NOBODY knows more about nitrous oxide than I do.

There's also no point arguing with THE TRUTH, as you'd just look stupid, it's much wiser just to accept you were wrong and learn from the person providing the truth.

For ALL the FACTS about ALL aspects of nitrous oxide, all you need to do is spend YEARS reading/learning from my forum;

link removed
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:08:45 PM by ADMIN »

Offline BUSA750

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 09:02:40 PM »
Nitrous express and Billy Vose  :tu:

Offline blackbusa08

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 10:41:14 AM »
is this norma here??

won is a nitrous company.... nitrous express is a nitrous company....

i made a choise and ordere from nitrous express.

the only thing that i was looking for is a little help because here in belgium nobody nows about nos.

very weird way to react from won??? (is it trevor langfield himself??)

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 10:47:04 AM »
is it trevor langfield himself??

Yup, the one and only.
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline BUSA750

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 11:30:15 AM »
is this norma here??

the only thing that i was looking for is a little help because here in belgium nobody nows about nos.

u will be fine with nitrous express most of the fast bike out there run nx.l like spray bars just more control to each cylinder don't have to worry about one cylinder getting piggish.tps and a good nitrous controller time base ,nitrous is a bit addictive May want to spray bigger later.

Offline Jon

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
NITROUS newby
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 01:41:00 PM »
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 01:43:21 PM by Jon »

Offline STREETDRAG

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 02:10:03 PM »
You may want to look up the word (DOMINATE):

: rule, control <an empire that dominated the world>
: to exert the supreme determining or guiding influence on <the ambition that has dominated his life>
: to overlook from a superior elevation or command because of superior height or position <a hill that dominates the town>
a : to be predominant in <sugar maples dominate the forest>
b : to have a commanding or preeminent place or position in <name brands dominate the market>
intransitive verb
: to have or exert mastery, control, or preeminence
: to occupy a more elevated or superior position

These are the only people I see dominating anything and they have WON nothing on them but a Championship (that's called dominating)... Read This Backwards TAHSSA  :hys:

Click the links to show DOMINATE OR DOMINATING TEAMS:
http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/templates/fast1320_z13.aspx?articleid=11565&zoneid=13
http://www.mirockracing.com/championships/2012_champions.htm
http://www.mirockracing.com/championships/2011_champions.htm
http://www.mirockracing.com/championships/2010_champions.htm

Did you see Cecil Towner, HTP, Trevor or Won ANYWHERE in there? I didn't That's Dominance.....WINNING Not WONNING....

In three years WON Products hasn't dominated nothing at all, matter fact in last 10 years there is no presence... Proof is in the pudding...A monkey can spell his name, if you give him long enough with a pencil.. I'm not knocking cecil but a record here and a fast bike in the lanes won't EVER win you a presence of domination.. A championship shows dominance in ever sport in the history of america... As my boy alex budlight would say "GET YOU SUM"... Then WON will show us dominance, till then piss in your own face and tell us it's sprinkling rain...  :hys:

is this norma here??

I gave you the BEST advice anyone could give a person who has bought an INFERIOR nitrous kit, that will fail and cause you problems.

If you made 'the choice' to buy NX rather than WON then you made a seriously bad choice.

Thankfully more and more American's are appreciating the advantages our products offer and they are JUNKING their NX & NOS brand products, just as Jerry Cooper and Ron Hunnicutt have just done this last week (both these guys will be using WON Pulsoids INSTEAD of NX solenoids this season);

link removed

The reason these TOP guys are switching to WON is because they've seen the HUGE performance advantages demonstrated by Cecil Towner, who DOMINATES Pro Street and has run the QUICKEST Busa time in the world in just ONE season in Pro Mod.

If you're happy to use a system that is;
1) Inferior in every way
2) Does not comply with EU safety rules

it doesn't make much sense to me.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:09:59 PM by ADMIN »

Offline XCLR82XTC

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 09:46:59 AM »
LOL. im sorry.. all i can do is laugh at the ignorance.. if you dont know.. your slow..

to the OP.  having used every nitrous kit made, i can tell you that by far i have made more power, hurt less parts, and been alot faster using WON products.   to answer your questions

1) if you cant use a properly tuned direct port system, and are just tryign to fog the box, spray THROUGH the filter.
2) Starting small is fine, but never rely on a rig to make power.. tune it..  its simple with a wet ket
3)  id recommend a nos mini. its cheap, and will control 2 channels.  when i first started, i tuned the engine, then tuned the nitrous solely with the nos mini timing. (and jets for the wet kit) If you dont have a datalogger already, then go with the NC2 and hook a wideband 2 it.   

And if anyone wants to take a bet, Ill take any non won equipped bike, put won parts on it and go faster.  ANY BIKE.

BTW folks, i know for a fact half the people the bad mouth trevor and won, and won parts on their rides.. so yeah, take it for what its worth.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:49:59 AM by XCLR82XTC »

Offline STREETDRAG

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 10:15:52 AM »
Please show us what championship you have WON?

You have been kssing trevor ssa since WON inception and you'll can't get out each others way..

Please show us a class you have dominated with his products or send the names of some folks ssa you have kicked so we can verify all this big talk....

LOL. im sorry.. all i can do is laugh at the ignorance.. if you dont know.. your slow..

to the OP.  having used every nitrous kit made, i can tell you that by far i have made more power, hurt less parts, and been alot faster using WON products.   to answer your questions

1) if you cant use a properly tuned direct port system, and are just tryign to fog the box, spray THROUGH the filter.
2) Starting small is fine, but never rely on a rig to make power.. tune it..  its simple with a wet ket
3)  id recommend a nos mini. its cheap, and will control 2 channels.  when i first started, i tuned the engine, then tuned the nitrous solely with the nos mini timing. (and jets for the wet kit) If you dont have a datalogger already, then go with the NC2 and hook a wideband 2 it.   

And if anyone wants to take a bet, Ill take any non won equipped bike, put won parts on it and go faster.  ANY BIKE.

BTW folks, i know for a fact half the people the bad mouth trevor and won, and won parts on their rides.. so yeah, take it for what its worth.

Offline XCLR82XTC

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 10:20:25 AM »
lol.. your a funny funny guy..  what have YOU won exactly?  Your hatin on  something you obviously know nothing about!   that fact that your running your mouth like you are is funny to the people who know the real deal.. your just ignorant. Please keep using your setups.. and keep gettin DRUGGGG

Offline blackbusa08

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 01:35:46 PM »
what have i started here....

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 10:59:50 AM »
You may want to look up the word (DOMINATE):
And you SHOULD check your FACTS first, plus there is more than one way to DOMINATE a class and Cecil has achieved it in TWO WAYS;
1) He DOMINATED the Real Street class when he not only WON 'A' single championship but he WON back to back championships the 2 years after he switched to WON systems. Since then he's moved onwards and upwards to Pro Street, otherwise he's STILL DOMINATE that class.

2) He now DOMINATES the Pro Street class on OUTRIGHT performance figures. His 6.90 was FAR from using the full potential of the WON nitrous system or that of the bike as a whole. However, as the 6.90 run brought about a range of changes (TO SLOW HIM DOWN), HE'S AVOIDED RUNNING QUICKER to prevent further changes to the rules, as it would be self defeating. 

These are the only people I see dominating anything and they have WON nothing on them
How would you know that ALL these bikes don't use our products????  You wouldn't have the first idea!!!!
We've sold THOUSANDS of Pulsoids and Cecil alone has sold hundreds to his customers and as a consequence even 'I' don't know who ALL these people are.

Did you see Cecil Towner, HTP, Trevor or Won ANYWHERE in there? I didn't That's Dominance.....WINNING Not WONNING....
In three years WON Products hasn't dominated nothing at all, matter fact in last 10 years there is no presence...
Get your FACTS right before you spout off in future.

Proof is in the pudding...A monkey can spell his name, if you give him long enough with a pencil.. I'm not knocking cecil but a record here and a fast bike in the lanes won't EVER win you a presence of domination.. A championship shows dominance in ever sport in the history of america...
That may be 'YOUR' ONLY measure of dominance but it's not mine and it's not how most people would think about, a HISTORIC 'sequence' of runs that Cecil's Pro Street bike ran under 7.0 secs.
Winning a championship is more about who attends most races and the AVERAGE of their performances, than it is about OUTRIGHT PERFORMANCE DOMINANCE.

The following is Cecil Towner's response to your comments;

We won 2 championships in a row in Real Street with Keith using your stuff.
The first year Ryan rode for me our goal was to be the first in the 6's in Pro Street, so we concentrated on that not a championship and last year we were good in the points but some ADRL races were the same weekend as mirock we chose ADRL so we could showcase the promod. By doing that we got behind on points by missing events . We only ran 5 of the eight mirock races last year and still finished in the top 5 in points. What does that tell you.
Plus mirock is not noticed as a national sanctioning body there are none for us since AMA went under, so what's a mirock championship anyway. It's no different than winning a championship at your local track in my eyes. It just a 2 race track series not to take anything from it but that's the facts.

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 11:07:47 AM »
And I'll DOUBLE that bet, so if you're so confident our products don't DOMINATE nitrous power Streetdrag, take the bet and win yourself the bet.
Otherwise crawl back in your hole and keep your BS to yourself.

BTW if you've got the balls or the stupidity to take on our bet, feel free to enlist the help of whoever you want (including the top tech from any US nitrous company) and we'll try and arrange a contest to prove how WRONG YOU ARE!!!! 

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 12:30:55 PM »

Plus mirock is not noticed as a national sanctioning body there are none for us since AMA went under, so what's a mirock championship anyway. It's no different than winning a championship at your local track in my eyes. It just a 2 race track series not to take anything from it but that's the facts.

Wow Cecil, way to support the series...
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline BUSA750

• Rider
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 01:28:35 PM »
I will take that bet put it on the guy thread we jacked just  :hys:

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 08:40:27 AM »

Wow Cecil, way to support the series...
He's not in business to 'support a series' he's in business to support his wife and kids!!!!

Furthermore, he does more to support his customers than any other company I know of, so stick it to yourself rather than trying to put Cecil down.

Offline Noswizard

• Rider
  • BANNED
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 08:42:06 AM »
I will take that bet put it on the guy thread we jacked just  :hys:

LOL - Sure you will but I won't hold my breath waiting for you to be capable.

Offline surprenant

• Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2013, 07:46:52 AM »
STREETDRAG if you don't mind me asking .....what is your name??

Offline SLEEPERBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 04:11:06 PM »
Blackbusa08.
Sorry your thread got trashed so bad.
That's not typical of this board, so please continue to visit here and post. I see you have very few posts. Don't let this thread deter you from posting, please.
208.6mph/ Texas Mile. 10/24/2010