Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: What's a bking worth? Or what would you pay?  (Read 27471 times)

Offline FILT166

• Rider
What's a bking worth? Or what would you pay?
« on: January 06, 2013, 09:43:30 PM »
Never dropped and its clean. 11k miles. Are these even worth owning?
02 SE Busa gone & mis it
99 Busa a lil stretch
08 orange/black

Offline mmissile

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
Re: What's a bking worth? Or what would you pay?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 10:50:15 AM »
I love mine, but it's not for long hauls...unless you like feeling like a parachute. They are scarce, and have a following. I guess it would depend on mods, color, and how clean it is.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:51:13 AM by mmissile »

Offline FILT166

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 05:55:00 AM »
It's all stock, clean and what all colors did they come in?
02 SE Busa gone & mis it
99 Busa a lil stretch
08 orange/black

Offline 1 wheel peel

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 01:25:36 PM »
They came to North America for 2008 only.  They were availabe in Gloss Black/Flat Black and Silver/Flat Charcoal.  All the ones coming to the US were considered California bikes hince the EPA canister on the left side of the engine (easy enough to get rid of).  ABS was listed as an option though I personally have never seen it on a Black/Black in the U.S. and I looked.  Plenty of ABS Silver/Charcoal with ABS. 

Worth owning?  Thats a very individulized question, the're not for everyone.  When I got mine I thought it was fun to ride bone stock, the way it sets right now it is the most "fun" bike I have ever owned.  While they come very heavy, (around 550# best I remember) lots of weight can be taken out of them.  Mine ready to ride, 1 gal gas weights 492#, 186hp/108tq with intake and exhaust mods after Johnny got done tunning it.  What's not to like, perfect for running back roads.  :bike: :mrgreen: 

Probably not something you would want to slab alot.  Most miles in a day on mine was 646 and was all back roads, very good day. :)

If I had the extra coin I'd stick one in the back of the shop under a sheet just in case I wear this one out. JMO YMMV
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 11:50:53 AM by 1 wheel peel »

Offline dogman

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 12:17:34 PM »
I have a b-king a busa an 1000.My b-king is my favorite bike.It does all i want it to.Have a yosh r55 pipe an some chrome.get more compliments on it than any bike I have had.it is truly a great bike to me anyway.

Offline dogman

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 12:19:11 PM »
Same as 1 peel I would love to have another one put away.

Offline cantwait2bking

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 04:29:36 PM »
I'm new here, but fwiw, I currently have a king and wouldn't give it up for anything. As a benchmark, I paid 6500 ( a steal)  last summer for a one owner with 3k miles silver/charcoal. I'm actually looking for a second bike to really ride while I build it up and make it a permanent fixture that I only take out in the best weather. I treasure it that much. It's one of a kind and a blast to ride, but like many say, not for touring or road tripping without ergo mods.

David

Offline JR

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 09:10:29 AM »
the BKing market seems to have strengthened.  (Prices gone up)

i rode my friend's Diavel and then bought a BKing.  it is a very FUN, comfortable bike. my friends LOVE it as well. It is currently my bike of choice. i also have a busa, 1000 and ZX14 etc.

get one.
Here's how i see it:  1000's are TRACK bikes and Hayabusa's are sport bikes that you can ride comfortably at high rates of speed for long distances..  They are really apples and oranges....  !!

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 06:57:32 AM »
I own a busa and a bking...my bking is my bike of choice, much more comfortable than the busa IMO, it feels allot faster than my gen 1 busa at the speeds usually seen on the street.  It has a DME race filter, TRE, and slipon exhaust...when my friend's bikes stop pulling this thing feels like it needs to be shifted another several gears!  I have also done some touring and comfort mods to the bike, my last long distance ride was from New Orleans to Dallas, 12+ hours and it wasn't so bad...just alot of stops because it doesn't hold much gas.  I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 01:39:35 PM »
They came to North America for 2008 only.  They were availabe in Gloss Black/Flat Black and Silver/Flat Charcoal.  All the ones coming to the US were considered California bikes hince the EPA canister on the left side of the engine (easy enough to get rid of).  ABS was listed as an option though I personally have never seen it on a Black/Black in the U.S. and I looked.  Plenty of ABS Silver/Charcoal with ABS. 

Worth owning?  Thats a very individulized question, the're not for everyone.  When I got mine I thought it was fun to ride bone stock, the way it sets right now it is the most "fun" bike I have ever owned.  While they come very heavy, (around 550# best I remember) lots of weight can be taken out of them.  Mine ready to ride, 1 gal gas weights 441#, 186hp/108tq with intake and exhaust mods after Johnny got done tunning it.  What's not to like, perfect for running back roads.  :bike: :mrgreen: 

Probably not something you would want to slab alot.  Most miles in a day on mine was 646 and was all back roads, very good day. :)

If I had the extra coin I'd stick one in the back of the shop under a sheet just in case I wear this one out. JMO YMMV
. How did you get your to 440 lbs? I have Brock pipe and BST wheels and its 495 wet.  Emissions off etc

Offline Ridehard

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
What's a bking worth? Or what would you pay?
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 06:05:38 AM »

Worth owning?  Thats a very individulized question, the're not for everyone.  When I got mine I thought it was fun to ride bone stock, the way it sets right now it is the most "fun" bike I have ever owned.  While they come very heavy, (around 550# best I remember) lots of weight can be taken out of them.  Mine ready to ride, 1 gal gas weights 441#, 186hp/108tq with intake and exhaust mods after Johnny got done tunning it.  What's not to like, perfect for running back roads.  :bike: :mrgreen: 

. How did you get your to 440 lbs? I have Brock pipe and BST wheels and its 495 wet.  Emissions off etc

My stripped down Busa is nowhere near 440 so I'd love to know what he did too.

Offline 1 wheel peel

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 01:53:04 PM »
How did you get your to 440 lbs? I have Brock pipe and BST wheels and its 495 wet.  Emissions off etc
Details, details,details, the B-King is loaded with a bunch of unnecessary brackets under the plastics/tank and most all of them are made out of stout steel.  All of the ones I thought I could do with out were removed.  Of course all the EPA stuff. Everything that got replaced was either Ti, Alumn, or light Stainless I have a small fortune tied up in fasteners.  Calliper bolts, rotor bolts, header bolts, rotors, michelin power pures, Brocks header, Woolritch Racing mid pipe, Bodis undertail, etc, etc.  It's been a while since I did it and I'm probably forgetting something but thats what I remember off the top of my head.  Also make sure everything is out of the tail that is not suporting pass/ryder weight and Note that I did say with 1gal of gas.  At six pounds per gallon you could easily have another 20 pounds on it if the tank is full.

The picture below is pretty much how it sits except the pass pegs/brkts are gone.

Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 01:56:36 PM by 1 wheel peel »

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 08:48:55 PM »
How did you get your to 440 lbs? I have Brock pipe and BST wheels and its 495 wet.  Emissions off etc
Details, details,details, the B-King is loaded with a bunch of unnecessary brackets under the plastics/tank and most all of them are made out of stout steel.  All of the ones I thought I could do with out were removed.  Of course all the EPA stuff. Everything that got replaced was either Ti, Alumn, or light Stainless I have a small fortune tied up in fasteners.  Calliper bolts, rotor bolts, header bolts, rotors, michelin power pures, Brocks header, Woolritch Racing mid pipe, Bodis undertail, etc, etc.  It's been a while since I did it and I'm probably forgetting something but thats what I remember off the top of my head.  Also make sure everything is out of the tail that is not suporting pass/ryder weight and Note that I did say with 1gal of gas.  At six pounds per gallon you could easily have another 20 pounds on it if the tank is full.     

The picture below is pretty much how it sits except the pass pegs/brkts are gone.

Hope this helps.

.   Well I have power pures also, emission stuff off Brock pipe, BST wheels , 1 gal of gas, titanium axle nut. Etc and it was 495 just can't see brackets and different rotors , bolts, etc weighing 55 lbs. Most of the heavy stuff had been removed...   Can't see it being 440.. no way !!

Offline 1 wheel peel

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2013, 09:22:45 AM »
Well I have power pures also, emission stuff off Brock pipe, BST wheels , 1 gal of gas, titanium axle nut. Etc and it was 495 just can't see brackets and different rotors , bolts, etc weighing 55 lbs. Most of the heavy stuff had been removed...   Can't see it being 440.. no way !!
Ok now you've got me questioning my own numbers.  I don't have anything with the weight printed on it.  I will weigh the bike again and put the results here.  Work is wide open and so is family time so I don't know how soon it will be but I will post it here as soon as I have it.

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2013, 07:36:46 PM »
Well I have power pures also, emission stuff off Brock pipe, BST wheels , 1 gal of gas, titanium axle nut. Etc and it was 495 just can't see brackets and different rotors , bolts, etc weighing 55 lbs. Most of the heavy stuff had been removed...   Can't see it being 440.. no way !!
Ok now you've got me questioning my own numbers.  I don't have anything with the weight printed on it.  I will weigh the bike again and put the results here.  Work is wide open and so is family time so I don't know how soon it will be but I will post it here as soon as I have it.
  Don't worry about it!! Its fine!

Offline loud pipes

• Rider
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 04:13:05 PM »
mines 485 stripped down with a light mac swing arm and antigravity batt and a very worn 1 ply hook up, 1/2 gal gas :lol:

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 08:24:30 PM »
mines 485 stripped down with a light mac swing arm and antigravity batt and a very worn 1 ply hook up, 1/2 gal gas :lol:
.  How does your arm look? I'm thinking of getting one. I also have a antigravity battery.

Offline surprenant

• Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 08:53:22 AM »
I can not see it also....440lbs....not the way i look at it...it even still has the oil cooler on.....my busa is light and it is way more stripped than the BKING i see there.......go ahead and weight it...cause if it weights 440 sitting like that...i think i will get one...nice bike by the way.... :tu:

Offline loud pipes

• Rider
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 09:26:17 AM »
.  How does your arm look? I'm thinking of getting one. I also have a antigravity battery.

here is a few pics and a read on it

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/499/16696/Motorcycle-Article/B-King-Breaks-200-mph-at-Texas-Mile.aspx

Offline 1 wheel peel

• Rider
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 06:32:57 PM »
....Can't see it being 440.. no way !!

Good call Steve.  I confirmed with my son who helped me weigh it last year on some borrowed scales belonging to a friend of mine that it did weigh out at 441#.  I wanted to make sure I wasn't remembering wrong (which has been known to happen). 

I live in a relatively small town with not many options available for weighing a bike.  Through a lot of searching and phone calls I did finally locate a business with scales certified and inspected by the state that agreed to weigh my bike for me.  492# :td: right in line with what the rest of y'all are reporting.  Sorry for the misinformation folks.

I'm sure others have thought what you said Steve.  They just didn't have enough hair on their legs to tell me what a fat pig I was riding. :hys:  Now between it and my C14 y'all will have to excuse me I feel like I need to go slop the hogs.

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2013, 08:39:32 PM »
....Can't see it being 440.. no way !!

Good call Steve.  I confirmed with my son who helped me weigh it last year on some borrowed scales belonging Ito a friend of mine that it did weigh out at 441#.  I wanted to make sure I wasn't remembering wrong (which has been known to happen). 

I live in a relatively small town with not many options available for weighing a bike.  Through a lot of searching and phone calls I did finally locate a business with scales certified and inspected by the state that agreed to weigh my bike for me.  492# :td: right in line with what the rest of y'all are reporting.  Sorry for the misinformation folks.

I'm sure others have thought what you said Steve.  They just didn't have enough hair on their legs to tell me what a fat pig I was riding. :hys:  Now between it and my C14 y'all will have to excuse me I feel like I need to go slop the hogs.

thanks for clearing that up!  I was going to ship my king to you and pay you to drop 50 lbs off mine!!

Offline loud pipes

• Rider
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 09:12:58 PM »
What gains to you get with the bk 1/4 and bst wheels if you ran it both ways.
Thanks

Offline 1 wheel peel

• Rider
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 09:04:36 AM »
What gains to you get with the bk 1/4 and bst wheels if you ran it both ways.
Thanks
Steve might can answer that I can not.  You might also check with Synk on the other forum.

What I can say is my bike went from handling like a big heavy turd to being down right quick in tight technical stuff.  I also have a `06 FZ1 that is much lighter than my BK but does not change directions nearly as quickly.  That was not the case before I put the BST's on it.  The only bad thing I have to say about them is the bike sucks in cross winds now.  That whole thing about changing directions quickly works against you in that situation.  But of course I'm talking about riding not 1/4 mile racing.

Offline loud pipes

• Rider
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 10:01:48 AM »
yes specifically looking for gains in the 1/4 to determine if it is worth it. Especially from someone consistent and has ran both stk wheels and bst.  I hear 1-2 tenths.  Steve any input?

Thanks

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 11:54:14 AM »
yes specifically looking for gains in the 1/4 to determine if it is worth it. Especially from someone consistent and has ran both stk wheels and bst.  I hear 1-2 tenths.  Steve any input?

Thanks
.   I bought the bike with the wheels, but i will do a test with stock and BST wheels as I have the stockers that the previous owner gave me with the bike. So we shall soon see.  I bet no more then a tenth.