Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Steering Dampers  (Read 3315 times)

Offline FastBikes4Life

• Rider
Steering Dampers
« on: March 27, 2013, 02:04:20 PM »
I like to lean my bikes over. I take my K5 to the track and ride Intermediate a few times a summer. I even lean my Hayabusa to the point that I have hairline chicken strips on the tires by the end of the riding season.

I've never had a problem with feedback or stability through the front wheel but folks have told me that riding with an aftermarket steering damper is like night and day and will allow me to take my riding to the next level.

I've looked at Scott's, GPR, Toby, Ohlins, PBR, etc. What are you guys using and what experience have you had with aftermarket dampers vs. stock? Thanks.

GSXR / Fast
Holy Crap, I have to sell this ZX-12R!!

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
Re: Steering Dampers
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 11:14:47 AM »
you can modify the stock hayabusa dampener and it makes a HUGE difference

Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline FastBikes4Life

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 07:36:25 PM »
Really? The most I've heard is folks putting a heavier fluid in the cylinder but that's about it. Are there other tricks? Thanks.

GSXR / Fast

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 01:08:21 PM »
that would be it. you can start low with a 75w and if you want more go up from there. When i did i i put the dampener and the fluid in a one gallon bag and worked it back and forth until there were no more bubbles.
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.

Offline FastBikes4Life

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 04:27:55 PM »
Good deal. Thanks for the info!

GSXR / Fast