Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: What happen to this site?  (Read 9971 times)

Offline Abusive

• Post Whore
What happen to this site?
« on: March 03, 2013, 09:48:37 AM »
This used to be the most imformative site to go on for just about anything motorcycle related now its become more of a popularity information site. If your popular you get answers if not God help you. If I have have the knowledge to help someone out here I always share so i try to do my part thanks alot guys! :td:

Offline mysticblu999

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • turbohead
Re: What happen to this site?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 02:00:05 PM »
I wouldn't say that at all. However,  this place is DEAD!!! Thats the problem!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

2007 Hayabusa Super Ultra (in progress)    
2013 Hayabusa Limited (on order)
2008 RM250 (for jumping stuff)

Super Ultra build thread http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=160376.new#new

Offline STREETDRAG

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 03:03:28 PM »
There are so many know it all do it alls out there asking questions, and when folks try to help them they tell them no it doesn't work that way. The folks that did try to help now only help those that will listen.. Lots of sites are becoming this way... The guy helping you is doing it for free, when he could be working on a customers bike making money only to be slapped in the face.. It's hard to blame them..  :tu:

Online Sport

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 06:09:21 PM »
I've noticed the majority of posts seem to be related to turbos and racing, very little street riding topics much less touring information.  Lots of for sale stuff as well.
Ride em if ya got em

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 06:19:46 PM »
50% of the questions have been answered 50 times already and can be found with a simple search.

25% of the questions are so incomplete that it takes 20 posts to get the details of the bike and the actual question.

10% are people that are trying to do very advanced things and don't know the first thing about working on anything and then get pissed when people stop responding to their question after question about the most basic of things without seeing the first reason above and searching for some of the answers.

10% are good, informed questions and get answered

5% are head scratchers and no one on here can figure it out.  :hys:
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 06:20:33 PM »
What were you asking about that you couldn't find the answer to Gary?
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 08:33:41 PM »
We just need more nudity on this site, thats all. I'll post a nice pic of me tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:22:19 PM by turbojonn »
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 01:21:11 AM »
It is not just occuring here...many of the other motorcycle related sites that I was on have been expreiencing the same problem, limited new post per day, etc...In speaking with the forum directors it is said to be a result of Facebook, this is where most people are turning to get their info, join groups that deal in their specific areas of interest, etc. 

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 05:23:13 AM »
We just need more nudity on this site, thats all. I'll post a nice pic of me tomorrow.

:hys:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline SLEEPERBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 01:15:11 PM »
Don't even ask a question in the NITROUS section unless you wanna be told how stupid YOU and the rest of the Americans are!
208.6mph/ Texas Mile. 10/24/2010

Offline Abusive

• Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 08:52:37 PM »

Just looking for a wire to get an rpm/tach signal for shift light. Is it the yellow wire with blue stripe?

Offline Abusive

• Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 08:56:25 PM »
Don't even ask a question in the NITROUS section unless you wanna be told how stupid YOU and the rest of the Americans are!

I know right! It hasn't always been this way and lately almost all my questions are answered by sportbikerider( thanks John). This use to be the one place you could always go for info with very little bs but now you have to be popular or you get no airtime.

Offline SLEEPERBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 11:09:34 PM »
Yeah, John is one of the good guys.
Fortunately the person I spoke about got the axe. You can be nice and civil without degrading everyone that doesn't agree with your line of thinking.
I guess after 14 years, the Busa is becomming a boring topic. I was out for a few years and seemed to have forgotten more than I knew in the first place.... :hys:
208.6mph/ Texas Mile. 10/24/2010

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 06:55:34 AM »

Just looking for a wire to get an rpm/tach signal for shift light. Is it the yellow wire with blue stripe?

Should be Gary. I'd have to look at the wiring diagram to be sure. That is the color on a Gen1, and Suzuki is pretty good about sticking with colors. I don't have a tach at all on my bike anymore so I don;t know off-hand.

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 06:58:27 AM »
Should be pin # 38 on the ECU. Yellow / Blue.

Are you not using the built in shift light on the left side of the dash? Might not be able to see it going down the track though.

Offline Abusive

• Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 08:36:55 PM »
Thanks again, yes I use the built in light but it's easier to see the tach. You don't have a tach on your bike? What do you use to know you are near the limiter?

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 08:43:57 PM »
Thanks again, yes I use the built in light but it's easier to see the tach. You don't have a tach on your bike? What do you use to know you are near the limiter?

I have a shift light. No real need for a tach.

As for getting near the limiter, I don't really get near the limiter...

Offline 2wicked

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • RCC Turbos
    • RCCTURBOS
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 08:48:39 AM »
I have become apprehensive about answering questions in posts, out of inadvertently upsetting other members. It seems when a question is asked there are a lot of different answers and opinions posted, some might be correct and others not so correct, and all the members seem to think they know what they are talking about, I read the posts and figure why put in my 2 cents and upset or possibly insult a member. I find this in phone calls as of late too, "Hi I am calling to ask a quick question, I have already asked so and so, and also so and so, and they told me this, what do you think, or what would you do?"  Really? I am not here to help with poll taking, I have work to do and orders to fill. If you call and really want help or info for your bike or turbo system we are more then glad to help, but if you are going to call multiple shops, maybe do your research and choose the one that specializes in the work that suits your question. If you call us for wide tire conversion questions we will outright tell you we do not typically do them, and direct you to someone else, but not all shops will do this, some will give you an answer right or wrong.

Richard