Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Just another R6 COMP cermaic oiless turboed, intercooled tuned thru ECU build  (Read 10883 times)

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
  • Ok. So sometime I can be a little full of myself.
 I know how everybody likes checking out new projects. This is a 2009 R6 I am building for a guys. It has a COMP oiless cermaic bearing turbo (like Richard posted), will be tuned thru the ecu and also runs on pump E85.  I will try to post actual pics of the build here but for now am linking to my FaceBook. http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=419845841443327&set=a.376635032431075.89141.358002757627636&type=1&theater

I should be tuning it on Monday and I will post the video here. Nothing crazy starting only 5lbs.

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:51:41 PM by gsx-rboy750 »

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
What happened to the pics???

Offline murderedout07

• Mad Post Whore
Love your fab work man.

TURBOLAG: The split second the other guy thinks hes winning.

Offline turbojonn

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • Friends don't let friends use boost.
That should be a very fun bike to ride. What kind of power are you hoping for? Do you think the stock cooling system will handle the cooling duties of the turbo? Does the turbo change the handling of the bike much? That looks like it could be a monster in the twisties!!!
RCC turbos rock!!! Rcc- Ultra plenum, case saver, Carillo rods, Wossner pistons, APE springs/tool steel shift shafts, Ferrara valves, ARP studs, lightened and balanced crank, Boostbysmith ecu editor, AMS 1000 with CO2, 475 hp. Mac arm 0-6 over, BST carbon fiber rims. Someday I'm goin' fast!

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
That should be a very fun bike to ride. What kind of power are you hoping for? Do you think the stock cooling system will handle the cooling duties of the turbo? Does the turbo change the handling of the bike much? That looks like it could be a monster in the twisties!!!

I am basically building it like my Gsx-r 750 however with a better turbo and what I believe to be a more efficient intercooler core as well as placement.
The COMPs for anyone who has taken one apart are very impressive as far as wheel design go. We are using a CT-2 with the billet wheel and compared to my GT2860RS the wheel is much more aggressive.
So other then the fact that it is 150cc smaller then my bike I think and am hoping the bike produces 175-190rwhop  on 6-7lbs and if all goes well 220rwhp on 9lbs. I will tune it on ethanol.
As far as handling and weight go,
stuff i took off
-air box, exhaust, one headlight, EVAC valve=PAIR, little fairing BS
Stuff I added
-Obisouly you guys see the intercooler, intake and turbo setup. But believe it or not the turbo by itself only weights 10lbs. the header was 5lbs. SO all in all I probably added 15-20lbs but the owner of the bike has done other weight mods to counter act the addition weight.
I was as mindful as one could be when turboing a bike with such limited space to keep everything centrally located. I feel again the bike will handle simular to my GSXR which is pretty dam good.
I also had to remove on of the stock fans I will try to find another space for it but we are running engine ice and I will make the fans come on earlier thru the ECU. I at one point had waterlines on my turbo on my Gsxr and saw no change with or without.
I do feel with the position of the intercooler intake temps will be very low and help overall engine cooling.
Thanks for checking out the build and I will post pics when he gets it back for the body guy and Wicked Moto who is doing the parts mods. I did not tune it yet but will post video and graphs once everything is done if it likes boost.
A gentelman from Euro has a built motor/Motec bike making 275 on 1 bar with a smaller turbo, stock injectors and smaller air/water.
J.P.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:06:27 AM by gsx-rboy750 »

Offline 2wicked

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • RCC Turbos
    • RCCTURBOS
Hey your fab work looks really good, some nice billet work too.  Nice seeing the clean fab work!

Richard
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:05:50 PM by 2wicked »

Offline jgennaro

• Post Master
It looks like everything is going to fit in the fairings.  Well, with the exception of the air filter and exhaust which is typical: Bottom line - it's awesome thus far!

Is this going to be a street bike or race bike?
Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure.

Aldous Huxley 1894-1963

2008 Hayabusa
Ninja 250.........daily driver

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
Very nice bud! :thumb:
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
It looks like everything is going to fit in the fairings.  Well, with the exception of the air filter and exhaust which is typical: Bottom line - it's awesome thus far!

Is this going to be a street bike or race bike?

He is going to street drive it and do some drag and such. I just put my big filter on for a pic but i think he is getting a AEM dry.? I was going to look it up. I will or maybe the body guy is going to french the dump pipes when the panals are cut. It has big injectors and some other trick stuff. I have been done with the turbo build for 2-3weeks but have not posted "finished" pics yet. I cant wait to hear it at high RPMs. Again I did a intank fuel pump and obisouly 3/8 inch fire insulated lines. It is all areomotive fuel components. Eventually depending on what he want i will put a ecu driven air or electic shifter.
The core is bar and plate and has many "turbulators" which are basically fins inside not like my tube core. So it is very very efficient and is also in a direct air source and away from any heat. The factory ram air will now sevre as a engine cooling. Yamaha had some funcky side ram air ducts to keep the back of the engine cool. He is having i believe some of the front frenched in and painted factory color.

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
Thank You guys for the complements. Especially Richard considering we all know his work.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:11:13 PM by gsx-rboy750 »

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
SO me and the owner of the bike parted ways aftet the fab work was basically done. He did not like the speed at which I worked. SO about 3-4 months later he got it tune and finished. Brian at WIN did a awsome job and without the turbo being fully broken in and a stock clutch having 16,000 miles on it the bike made 198rwhp on pump ethanol with the clutch starting to slip around 13000-14000RPMs. But it was making 100+hp by 10,000RPM. SO I am satisified with my engineering on the kit and the components I picked out. When the clutch is shorted and turbo fully broken in I expect well over 220rwhp.

Offline turbogsxr750

• Rider
Wow good numbers! So you worked to fast for him?

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
Wow good numbers! So you worked to fast for him?
No "you should have had that header done in a day" I don't really know what to say.

Offline turbogsxr750

• Rider
Wow some people!

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
I would have liked to trade him for you. Lol more patients and more room to work and fab on the bike.

Offline turbogsxr750

• Rider
I waited almost 4yrs for my motor to be built, so i have pretty good patients. But there became a time that they ran out and had to finish it myself!

Offline gsx-rboy750

• Authorized Shop
  • Post Master
I did not think i took too long my self 3 months start to end of basically all the fab work and picking parts is pretty good on a one off fabed kit with all the other stuff that was done. 4 years on the other hand is