Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: NHRA License required for MIROCK event at Atco Dragway  (Read 3472 times)

Offline Jason Miller

• Post Whore
NHRA License required for MIROCK event at Atco Dragway
« on: March 19, 2013, 01:20:33 PM »
March 19, 2013

Originally MIROCK and Atco Dragway had hoped riders would not be required to have a NHRA License for the Atco event, but that is not the case. All riders entering the event at Atco Dragway will be required to have a NHRA License, and conform to NHRA safety rules.

Everyone has more than 6 months to prepare and get their NHRA license for the MIROCK Orient Express Motorcycle U.S. Nationals at Atco Dragway on Sept 6-8, 2013. This is plenty of time to get everything in order and get your license, so don't put it off.

To get your NHRA license you must first go to the link below and print off your NHRA "Application For Driver's Medical Certficiate" and take it to your doctor or local health clinic and have them fill out and sign off on the following NHRA document:
http://www.nhra.com/contacts/forms/physical01.pdf

The next step is to take it to your filled out and signed by your doctor NHRA "Application For Driver's Medical Certficiate" to you local NHRA track and make your license runs or you can bring it to Atco Dragway on Friday, September 6th and make your license runs during the Early Bird Test Session (10am-5pm) or evening Test & Tune (6:30pm-11pm) so you can compete on Saturday and Sunday at the MIROCK event.

If you have a current IHRA license you can apply for NHRA License with a NHRA Crossover application and 2 time slips within the past 12 months from any facility or event. Bring your filled out and signed by your doctor NHRA "Application For Driver's Medical Certficiate" 2 time slips, and the following NHRA Crossover form:
http://www.nhra.com/contacts/forms/cross_licenseapp.pdf

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you all at Atco Dragway for the MIROCK Orient Express Motorcycle U.S. Nationals at Atco Dragway on Sept 6-8, 2013!

The next event for the Mickey Thompson Tires MIROCK Superbike Series will be the FBR Shop Spring Bike Open at Rockingham Dragway on March 22-24, 2013. 

For more information on the Mickey Thompson Tires MIROCK Superbike Series please visit: www.mirockracing.com

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
Re: NHRA License required for MIROCK event at Atco Dragway
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 08:46:40 PM »
That's going to hurt, alot of people who run Mirock don't have one I'm sure of.

Offline ondre30

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 11:22:01 PM »
Man its funny the money we put in these bikes and people complaining about the license.  WOW

Offline ktw88q

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 08:02:32 AM »
Sad...

Offline J.R.

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 09:49:35 AM »
Man its funny the money we put in these bikes and people complaining about the license.  WOW
Well now...someone that makes sense! I've been saying this for over 20 years and I'll never understand the mind set of these individuals that complain about needing a license to go racing! :?
The Wizard
Old dudes still can get it done!! Old age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time!

Offline TrackRat

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 08:21:02 PM »
Well now...someone that makes sense! I've been saying this for over 20 years and I'll never understand the mind set of these individuals that complain about needing a license to go racing! :?

That's because most don't know the benefit of having one. If I told you to give me $200 additional to come to my party with out telling you how it benefits you it would not sit well. Mirock traditionally does not have a license requirement but the benefits of a IHRA license is worth the $60 a year. Secondary medical insurance on IHRA premises is the biggest. Most don't know that is what they are paying for.

One of the things that is a turn off for the general population of MirRock racers is the license would only be good for racing at that one event. Most tracks in the Mid Atlantic are IHRA tracks so your entry fee for one race is extended. Rockingham and MIR are IHRA tracks.

Kev :tu:

Living the dream.......One round at a time!

Offline ondre30

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 05:42:23 PM »
I understand there are a lot of things I don't want to do.  If I want to go to someone's party at their house that they own I will need to follow their rules.

Offline TrackRat

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 09:38:30 PM »
I understand there are a lot of things I don't want to do.  If I want to go to someone's party at their house that they own I will need to follow their rules.

The point of my statement was the general MiRock population has not been properly educated on this issue. I hope that most that read this will truly look into obtaining some sort of license, either IHRA or NHRA even if you don't plan on going to ATCO. We all do this for fun but in a tenth of second it can be fun the next you can be covered with medical bills. The license would help with health care if something happens (God Forbid). Call and Get Educated.

http://www.nhra.com/insuranceinfo.aspx

http://www.ihra.com/uploadedFiles/Competition/Accident_Liability_Insurance-Info61.pdf

Kev  :tu:

Living the dream.......One round at a time!