Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: This clutch is not bleeding....feels like air in system.  (Read 3743 times)

Offline Busafrank

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
This clutch is not bleeding....feels like air in system.
« on: March 29, 2013, 07:32:10 PM »
 I have a 01 busa I have bled and bled and it still feels like air in the system. Anyone have any tips on how to....? I used a pressure system I narrowed from a buddy went to nipple at slave cylinder but it wasnt a air right system because I could watch the pressure drop on the dial. There has to be a for sure way to get this done right even by a dumb hillbilly like myself lol. Thanks

Offline 2wicked

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • RCC Turbos
    • RCCTURBOS
Re: This clutch is not bleeding....feels like air in system.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 06:30:49 AM »
When you have finished bleeding the system through the bleeder valve, let the bike sit a few minutes, have a rag and a 12mm wrench ready, put the wrench on the banjo bolt at the master on the handle bars, wrap the rag around the wrench and bolt to catch any fluid that comes out, then pull in the lever and hold it in, then loosen the banjo bolt, you will hear some air escape, repeat this a few times and you should be good to go.

Richard

Offline shorttrack

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 09:38:12 PM »
if it stiil leaks down,it could be the O-ring in the slave cylinder has trash in the o-ring groove or the o-ring itself needs replacing.if it will bleed correctly,use havoline synthetic dot 3-4 brake fluid.it will not leak down during the cold months while your bike is not in use.

Offline Busafrank

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 10:01:06 PM »
Thanks a lot guys gonna try this tomorrow! :)