Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Wizards of NOS  (Read 12354 times)

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
Wizards of NOS
« on: April 15, 2013, 02:18:16 PM »
I just wanted to give folks some unsolicited feedback about me experiences with Wizards of NOS, their products, and the support I have gotten from Trevor.

I contacted Trevor a couple months back for some ideas and possible purchase of some of WON supplies.  From the very beginning, I was blown away from his willingness to help (share information) and his accessibility.  Now don’t get me wrong, Trevor has a strong personality, but that is overshadowed with his knowledge and his work.

I worked through a design with him prior (notice I said prior) to any purchase and all I can say about his products and service support is WOW!

The quality of his parts are far superior in fit/finish/functionality than anything else I have seen from the USA companies.   All of the hardware fits together with precision, you really don’t know how nitrous fittings are really supposed to function until you work with his stuff.

Support I have received from him is absolutely second to none.  I have 47 emails in my inbox pertaining to my nitrous setup, its development, and alternatives.   Many of these back and forth emails are within minutes and not a single one of them wasn’t answered.  And how many times have you purchase items from a mail order vendor that gave you support like that?  You can’t buy that kind of service.

Will I buy from WON again, absolutely!   Will I recommend to folks to buy his products, absolutely!
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline Wolf1397

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • AKA Wolf
Re: Wizards of NOS
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 07:50:26 PM »
Thank you for the feedback. We are building an LSR nitrous car and a WON system is on our short list.

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 10:49:00 AM »
Now we have come to the end of my season and I could not tell you in words of how pleased I have been with Wizards of NOS.  I ended up at last years September event running in the upper 2-teens, this year I made a pass just 1.4 mph short of breaking into the 240s.  So what has changed with my bike to increase the speed by 20 mph?  Other than the nitrous system, very little.  Yes, I change the clutch and a few minor aero pieces (like shorter grips), but by far the nitrous system and it's delivery had the most impact.  If you ever have run nitrous at a LSR event, you know as you approach the timing traps the bikes have a tendency to quit pulling as hard, not mine.  Trevor's design and his help was the key to my success.  Thank You Trevor. 
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline Wolf1397

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Whore
  • AKA Wolf
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 11:42:36 AM »
I have studied all nitrous system available in detail and WON certainly stood out as the best option.  Congratulations again to your success. 

Patric

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 04:16:50 PM »
Very nice feedback Ransom. Your success certainly reflects well on WON.

Can you tell us generally how the WON design is better than, say, the NX design?  I do NOT have a dog in this fight, but I'm curious.

Thanks,
Dean

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 09:59:20 AM »
Because of its density, Nitrous has tendency to flow in straight line within the tubing as compared to just air. When there is a bend in the tubing, especially a 90 degree turn, the mass of the nitrous will flow to the “outside of the curve” causing an imbalance within the tube. WON designs it’s components with this in mind to negate most of this imbalance.    A lot of the other nitrous companies, especially with their dry kits, will have a 90 turn right before their spray bar and/or within their spray bar.  Nitrous will try and flow in a straight line and pool to the outside of the tubing in that turn, dumping the lion’s share of the nitrous shot into 1 or 2 cylinders.  ¼ mile folks only spray for only a few seconds and their motors will survive for a while this way, not so much with the LSR crowd.  The WON systems are “semi-custom” and Trevor is always accessible to help with the installation.  In addition, they use much higher quality components caring a lifetime warranty.

What hurts WON is the exchange rate with the Euro along with they have a tendency to sell their components complete.  e.g Their solenoids come with all the fittings and nitrous filter installed.
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 11:10:58 AM »
Thanks Ransom, great info. I remember when NX came on the scene, and there were design improvements in the nozzle. The old NOS nozzles typically needed a +4 spread of fuel over nitrous, while the NX nozzles liked a -4 spread. The idea was better atomization of the fuel in the nitrous. -Dean

Offline osti33

• Post Master
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 11:52:36 AM »
Thanks Ransom, great info. I remember when NX came on the scene, and there were design improvements in the nozzle. The old NOS nozzles typically needed a +4 spread of fuel over nitrous, while the NX nozzles liked a -4 spread. The idea was better atomization of the fuel in the nitrous. -Dean

SPRAY IT DEAN!!!!!

You know you're itching to do it!!!  :twisted:
2 Club member x 5
Bonneville, Loring, ECTA, Texas, Mojave

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 12:43:46 PM »
If it lives long enough for me to do a few things on gasoline, I will definitely perk this sucker up with a little juice :)

pssssht pssssst  :bike:

Offline osti33

• Post Master
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 12:49:02 PM »
If it lives long enough for me to do a few things on gasoline, I will definitely perk this sucker up with a little juice :)

Awwwwww yeah!!!!!!  :yes: :tu:
2 Club member x 5

Offline KZScott

• Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 09:06:45 AM »

I keep thinking about the taurus  :hys:
01 ZX-12R 8.84 @ 156.3 on dot tires, pump gas, NO power adders.... turbo 8.47 @ 164
00 ZX-12R 8.62 @ 165.2 no bars, slicks, Pump Gas, 55 shot... turbo 8.32 @ 173
00 ZX-12R  1: 222.046 1.5: 226.390 Loring AFB Worlds Fastest NA Kawasaki
00 ZX-12R street turbo 1: 227.9 1.5: 234.1 Loring AFB
00 ZX-12R LSR turbo 1: 263.1  1.5: 266.5 Loring AFB Worlds fastest ZX-12R
Fabricator/Engine builder @ RCC Turbos

Offline osti33

• Post Master
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 12:01:14 PM »

I keep thinking about the taurus  :hys:

LOL!!! Good times!  :shock: :mrgreen:
2 Club member x 5