Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Hard starting  (Read 3177 times)

Offline dailyrider

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Hard starting
« on: April 14, 2013, 12:33:40 PM »
Hello Busa riders,   I posted a question in the engine section that maybe I posted here. I explained every thing over there and cant paste it over here. Basically not the battery or the starter. Pulled plugs and still rrr, rrr,rrr, turns every half second. Don't know were to go from here. I explain more in engine section. ANY queses from experience would help

Offline busa4mee

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Re: Hard starting
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 01:24:01 PM »
Check your ground, right next to where the 12v main hooks to the starter. Make sure both are clean and making good contact. Use a multimeter at the starter and make sure you are getting full voltage to it. Does it start fine warm?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Offline dailyrider

• New User!
  • Enthusiast
Re: Hard starting
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 10:00:34 PM »
Hello, thank you very much for the help. sorry took so long to get back to ya. In a way you were right, it was not so much the ground but the positive. Your advise was looked over at first because I had just changed the starter. though it got me thinking more and more about the battery. It was reading 12.5 and had been on a tender (walmart version), and I hooked my truck battery to it as well and still had not enough to turn and spark  :? You cant trust a battery until checked by a pro that does a load test. I learned to be more through at the first steps in a diagnosis.. Thanks again for you help..