Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: ZX-14 ECU Flashing  (Read 30940 times)

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Re: ZX-14 ECU Flashing
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2015, 09:37:08 PM »
I had a 2008 ZX-14, my 2008 Hayabusa is a more refined, superior motorcycle.  :tu:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2015, 10:11:31 PM »
I've never ridden one,but friend has a 2013 and just spun a bearing.Guess I'll just stay a diehard Busa fan. :lol:

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 09:36:34 AM »
I don't know what those guys do for $400 that Schnitz doesn't do for $75,besides making $325 more. :lol:

http://store.schnitzracing.com/schnitz-ecu-reflash-kawasaki-zx14-12-15/

Here's the rest of his spiel for the "CBlast" Flash:

I would recommend simply removing the ecu and packing it in a box with a return shipping label and a note on exhaust setup. When I receive an ECU, we usually flash it and have it shipped back out within a day. USPS Has flat rate boxes for about $5 that get to me from anywhere in the US in about two days. Great deal.
The Cblast flash:
1. Secondary throttle plates wide open by 2400 rpm
2. Air / Fuel map is fixed ie - adjusted the ecu's target AFR for maximum torque from idle to redline.
3. Ignition maps - adjusted the ignition using timing advances and smoothing with the goal of maximum performance without sacrificing any longevity or drivability.
4. Removed top speed limiter
5. Removed safety map (flashed the completed full power map over the safety map, it switches over to its own full power map seamlessly see!;) this occurs in a milli-sec, unnoticeable.
6. Allowed for switching between TC modes on the fly and It will now remember the last TC mode used!
7. All TC settings and the way TC works is much smoother (this is due to the work on smoothing all mapping)
8. RPM limit raised to 11500rpm (shift light can be set to 11000)
9. Increased fuel economy and cooler running.
10. She revvs like a liter bike and under loads sounds different. More aggressive. A lot more F1 carlike.
11. Low power mode is smoother and actually gets a little better gas mileage than stock. Eco mode works very well.
No stone left unturned.
This flash has taken over 60 pulls on the dyno to build and we have verified every single aspect of it. It was also proven on a second dyno by Mike Velasco. One of the worlds pre-eminent motorcycle mechanics. I have thousands of miles on it now and I love it as much today as I did when we first flashed the ecu. With just slips my 2012 ZX-14R 'Priscilla', made 212.22HP. :)) (A few little details like good fuel and a clean and light drive set-up helped)
If you are unsatisfied in any way I will make it right.
This eliminates the need for a dyno tune or a PCV. My tuning partner Nels and I understand how all of the TC intervention using ignition and fuel is designed to work and we simply expanded and what Kawasaki gave us. The bike uses its onboard sensors to maintain focus towards the desired AFR. This works equally well with slip-on or a full exhaust system or stock for that matter. There is no way for any tuner to craft a tune that makes more power or torque. The motor is capable of a theoretical maximum amount of horsepower and torque without mechanical upgrades such as camshaft. I absolutely believe we achieved that mathematical maximum that the ZX14 can provide. No more air or fuel or ignition or any combo of the three would achieve a greater overall result.
95% of maximum torque is available from 4500rpm to redline. The feel at speed through the gears is stunning. When holding Wide Open Throttle and working up through the gears she barks the tire and lifts the front end when shifting hard to third or fourth. Second gear can melt the tire at will with TC off. In mode 1 I get nice smooth kinda slippy drives off corner leaving light burn marks. In the wet in TC mode 2 aggressive throttle in 1st or 2nd still delivers a nice smooth 12-18" power wheelie. Satisfaction guaranteed. If any customer would like more clear or defined details about the specs of the flash, I welcome a phone call.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 11:22:20 AM »
Sure does make it sound like $400 worth. :lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline BadNasty08

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 11:26:38 AM »
Sure does make it sound like $400 worth. :lol:

I know!!  :lol:  :lol:

Boosted Cycle Performance did the same thing on my Busa's ECU for $50.00 (spring special, normally $75.00)

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2015, 04:37:50 PM »
 :thumb:

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2015, 05:05:14 PM »
There is, in my humble opinion, NO SUBSTITUTE for having your bike dyno-tuned by an expert like Johnny Cheese or Rodney Williford; period.   :tu: :bike:
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2015, 07:21:37 PM »
You got that right,some canned maps are pretty ballpark good(like Brocks,with his pipe,etc.),but I picked up an extra 10 hp Friday with a really good dyno tune. :thumb:

Offline 1vapors

• Rider
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2015, 04:16:15 PM »
I've never ridden one,but friend has a 2013 and just spun a bearing.Guess I'll just stay a diehard Busa fan. :lol:

Yea I got rid of mine because they fall apart so easy.  Shoot Out of ten people I no with them nine of ours blew up.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2015, 07:47:30 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2015, 05:35:14 PM »
There are a few dynos here in my town of 250,000, but, I have it on reasonably good authority, that there does not exist anyone in town who knows how to properly operate one.

That makes all the difference in the world, IMO.  What good is a completely equipped Hospital without a good surgeon?  Dinky-dow as we used to say in the Nam.

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2015, 03:44:48 PM »
You got that right,some canned maps are pretty ballpark good(like Brocks,with his pipe,etc.),but I picked up an extra 10 hp Friday with a really good dyno tune. :thumb:

Brock's map was in my bike, along with his full ti-exhaust when we did the initial dyno pulls two weeks ago.  Even though the bike made 2 more HP than any other stock motor Busa Rodney had tested, his comment was that the map was "a little on the safe side". 

My experience over the years with just about any motorcycle that was properly tuned, whether carburated or fuel injected seemed to do better when tuned slightly on the lean side.  Our thinking then was that "a lean pig will outrun a fat pig every time".

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2015, 10:16:03 PM »
Does anyone know if you can take timing out or add per gear on the 14r with ECU flashing? Also could you turn a 2 step on with a clutch limiter? Thanks