Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: New Hayabusa 2015  (Read 25306 times)

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
New Hayabusa 2015
« on: June 13, 2013, 10:40:22 AM »
I was talking to local dealer about when the New busa might come, he told me a rep told them at least 2015 because of Suzuki filling for bankruptcy, this sucks, this means the ZX14R will rule for a few more years. stock for stock of course. Has anybody else heard anything?
Member since Oct 29, 2002, Im in Texas
2002 Hayabusa S/G color,The Sledge Hammer,With Muzzys Digi-Kill air shifter, 1397cc 200 HP By JohnneyCheese
ZX14R
Im Following Jesus, wana come ?

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
Re: New Hayabusa 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 11:12:51 AM »
You can thank Gm. They didn't pay Suzuki for two years worth of engines!
Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline moparict

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 11:24:36 AM »
You can thank Gm. They didn't pay Suzuki for two years worth of engines!

How do you not pay someone for two years and get away with it?  Was this a bankruptcy or re-oginization thing?  I can't seem to remember that.  I knew there was a reason I hated GM.......

Offline Revalot # 1

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 11:44:36 AM »
I just did some research on that dam ! I was thinking about a ZL1 camaro in a few years or the New vette, probably just stick to my 72 chevelle and a 1970 chevelle to go with it. and when ever the new busa comes out.
Member since Oct 29, 2002, Im in Texas
2002 Hayabusa S/G color,The Sledge Hammer,With Muzzys Digi-Kill air shifter, 1397cc 200 HP By JohnneyCheese
ZX14R
Im Following Jesus, wana come ?

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 11:57:14 AM »
As long as they don't do the new Busa in yellow.

They should put radial brakes on it and a shave some weight off it too.
Getting to a be a tubster.
I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 12:48:53 PM »
Come on HOS I had mine Yellow and I had a lot of compliments  :bike:

And Yes, when Gm borrowed the money back a few years ago, they filed on Suzuki and fucked them over! Best part Gm took our tax-payers money to China, and lost their ass. It's a long story, research it, you won't believe it! Those assholes should have been made to use that money here, and hire AMERICAN workers!

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 08:47:50 PM »
The new one has radial brakes.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 11:21:27 AM »

And Yes, when Gm borrowed the money back a few years ago, they filed on Suzuki and fucked them over! Best part Gm took our tax-payers money to China, and lost their ass. It's a long story, research it, you won't believe it! Those assholes should have been made to use that money here, and hire AMERICAN workers!

No disrespect to you, but the yellow Suzuki used is not my cuppa tea.
There is only one yellow bike I like and its on this forum, or was?

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 03:01:36 PM »

No disrespect to you, but the yellow Suzuki used is not my cuppa tea.
There is only one yellow bike I like and its on this forum, or was?
This is what mine used to look like.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 07:52:59 AM »
I am not going to bullshit you, I am not sold on the colour scheme.
Each to their own  :thumb:

I like the sunset yellow I did on my Busa wheels which was done as a sharp contrast to the black and blue
of the bodywork. Blue / yellow can work quite well.
But tbh I am shit with colour schemes, I struggle to recognise certain blues and greens. :?  :D

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2013, 09:12:09 AM »

I like the sunset yellow I did on my Busa wheels which was done as a sharp contrast to the black and blue
But tbh I am shit with colour schemes, I struggle to recognise certain blues and greens. :?  :D
Although I had a lot of compliments, and it was used in a state wide safety campaign, I changed the color to black. I was tired of sticking out like a sore thumb!

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 11:41:16 AM »

Although I had a lot of compliments, and it was used in a state wide safety campaign, I changed the color to black. I was tired of sticking out like a sore thumb!

They say that yellow is the most visible color for bike safety, is that the case?
The biggest bike safety issue has always been visibility. But in truth speaking from my experience its a matter of
do drivers look in the first place ! Thats why I always have loud pipes. They hear you first, then they look.  :wink:

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 01:24:39 PM »
Yes HOS, I was tired of being pulled in front of, by people not seeing me. Yellow is the most visible color, and that is why the state used it in a safety campaign, was for visibility. HOS I disagree about loud pipes, problem is they point the wrong direction to be effective for people in front of you! HID headlight is the key to being seen! Bright as hell, nobody can miss that coming towards them! That is when I changed my color to something more mellow.  :tu:

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 05:18:13 PM »
Yes HOS, I was tired of being pulled in front of, by people not seeing me. Yellow is the most visible color, and that is why the state used it in a safety campaign, was for visibility. HOS I disagree about loud pipes, problem is they point the wrong direction to be effective for people in front of you! HID headlight is the key to being seen! Bright as hell, nobody can miss that coming towards them! That is when I changed my color to something more mellow.  :tu:

I know you aren't too keen on loud pipes and plenty of bikers here share that view. But each to their own and my experience of bikes says loud pipes are beneficial for safety. I don't agree about sound not travelling forward though, a mate had a Suzuki TL1000 with a pair of cans on it that were very loud behind us when we were in the three figure zone. On tickover I was too loud next to you at the lights. But that was excessive noise, too much.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 05:26:19 PM »
Lack of visibility is an issue they always raise about bikes. We had daylight headlights forced upon us and dayglow jackets and road positioning etc.
But the issue is more about drivers who don't look for a bike in the first place. No matter how many Christmas tree lights you wear or neon vests or whatever visibility aids we have, they all fail the test when drivers don't look. So loud pipes help in the need for greater road presence and awareness from other road users.

Be seen and be heard. It's all in our favour.

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 05:31:23 PM »
Btw, I'd still like to see Suzuki shave some weight off the tubster.

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 01:07:13 PM »

I'd like to see a larger engine, and lighter chassis, with better wheels etc.. I mentioned to I think his name was Rick Suzuki, at a dealer show, that I thought they should have on their web site, the ability to upgrade a motorcycle. What I mean is that lets say they offer a Hayabusa for example, and have choices of wheels, suspension components, and color scheme combinations, to customize the bike from the factory. Then a deposit is given, and the bike is delivered to the dealership where you would pay the rest and pick it up. He agreed that was a good idea, but it hasn't happened. Too complicated? What do you think?

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 03:19:11 PM »

I'd like to see a larger engine, and lighter chassis, with better wheels etc.. I mentioned to I think his name was Rick Suzuki, at a dealer show, that I thought they should have on their web site, the ability to upgrade a motorcycle. What I mean is that lets say they offer a Hayabusa for example, and have choices of wheels, suspension components, and color scheme combinations, to customize the bike from the factory. Then a deposit is given, and the bike is delivered to the dealership where you would pay the rest and pick it up. He agreed that was a good idea, but it hasn't happened. Too complicated? What do you think?

Factory upgrades are a great idea. For things like brakes, suspension, alarm and immobiliser and as you say wheels, exhaust etc?
With the EU going ape shit about bike modifications and trying desperately to ban them, Suzuki could head that off by providing factory
approved parts for customising your own bike.

Another idea would be for Suzuki to ask the many owners and fans of the Busa what they would like to see on the new model.
But the marketing guys always seem a bit light on original ideas?

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 03:24:04 PM »
Suzuki could create something usable out of the huge empty void in the seat hump for instance?
Put a mini fridge in there or something?  :lol: