Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: how much noscan you spray without adding fuel?  (Read 11369 times)

Offline j winkelman

• Rider
  • FAT 4 LIFE
how much noscan you spray without adding fuel?
« on: July 13, 2013, 04:38:13 PM »
 I have a buddy that says he is buying a nos kit that claims you can spray 30hp safely, without adding any fuel? How much can you really spray to a stock bike safely without adding any fuel, 15-20hp?

Offline Ridehard

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
how much noscan you spray without adding fuel?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 06:45:01 PM »
Depends on the bike and how rich it is running on motor.  I know ZX14's run pretty rich from the factory and I've heard of people spraying a 30 shot just on the stock map.

I wouldn't recommend it but that is what some people get away with.

Offline Ludicrous Speed

• Post Master
  • Southern IL
Re: how much noscan you spray without adding fuel?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 11:10:13 PM »
It depends on how much you want to melt the pistons.

Just a little, or a lot??

I would never spray N20 without adding fuel.
2009 White/Blue Hayabusa
2004 Busa-Black and Purple  TOTALLED BY INATTENTIVE TEEN DRIVER!
67 Camaro (big tire bracket car)
89 Mustang GT vert

Offline Stainless1

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 08:50:17 AM »
NONE!  :td:
Bonneville 200 MPH Club
245 MPH Turbo Busa Powered Lakester
208.959 MPH NA GSXR 1000

Offline busa4mee

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 08:28:18 AM »
That's the same as throwing on a turbo without adding fuel through the boost curve. 1 lb of boost with no extra fuel equals melted things...

-Jesse

Offline moparict

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 09:22:39 AM »
It depends on how much you want to melt the pistons.

Just a little, or a lot??

I would never spray N20 without adding fuel.

:hys:

Offline Busa57

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 12:04:55 PM »
Been running dry nos & many friends for over 10 years. 40-60 shot all day long, bottle after bottle. Just make minor fuel adj to your Power Commander. Set the a/f on the dyno. Stock fuel injectors work fine. Very safe mod with just a little common sense.

Offline Stainless1

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 08:03:43 AM »
Been running dry nos & many friends for over 10 years. 40-60 shot all day long, bottle after bottle. Just make minor fuel adj to your Power Commander. Set the a/f on the dyno. Stock fuel injectors work fine. Very safe mod with just a little common sense.

That is what is called "adding fuel" no one doubts you can spray N20 when you add fuel... the question is can you spray without adding fuel...
I personally loved the melt the pistons a little or a lot comment.  :tu:
(my max time on the button 58 seconds... used 10 lbs... wet)
Bonneville 200 MPH Club
245 MPH Turbo Busa Powered Lakester
208.959 MPH NA GSXR 1000

Offline Daveeed

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 11:35:54 PM »
When I was drag racing, I hit my busa with up to 100hp of noscan wet through a progressive controller. As with most addictions, I started out small, and after a while I needed a bigger hit to get off. I gave it up (cold turkey) after my first motor went boom.
With that said, yea 30hp can be easily done and be kinda safe.
However by using several things to protect your shit, one has a better chance of surviving longer, or until you need a bigger hit to get off.

1) Install a regulator and consistently control the pressure going out the nozzle. Set the pressure to say... 700lb (and dyno tune to that pressure) so one does not start squirting when the bottle is full and hot at 1200 lb, because when the bottle is not and full, it's easy to over do it.
2) A gen 1 (2002 and beyond) has the 32 bit, and the ability to dual map. Set yourself up with a rich map for hitting it.
3) Put a wide band wego W/datalogger on the bitch and understand how lean your motor is getting, you will be surprised how lean they can go.
4) Get one of those fast flash thingy's I think boost by smith sells. But that's not a simple dry system it's a smart dry system!
Bee smart.
Seriously, I love the stuff. Freakn love it.
Back to drinking,

Daveeed
Walnut Creek, Ca.

Tonsil Cancer Survivor: (HPV-16... go figure)
I race to make my soul smile, not to dismantle yours
Mojave Mile: 207 mph
Mojave Magnum: 209 mph
Bonneville: 200.5 mph
Bub RWB: 194.5 mph (Unacclaimed Champion!)
1397/JE13.5-1/Ward head/Web 415-395
Tuner: Fireman Jim @ JT&S Performance, Sonoma

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 07:38:33 AM »
I have a buddy that says he is buying a nos kit that claims you can spray 30hp safely, without adding any fuel? How much can you really spray to a stock bike safely without adding any fuel, 15-20hp?
Sure go ahead and let er rip, I have several friends with bike shops and they could use the work, seriously having used nitrous for years you cannot add nitrous without adding fuel in some way, be reprograming your stock setup for more fuel or a separate pump and controller of some sort..........have you ever used a cutting torch? once you get the metal hot the more O2 you add the faster it melts, and this is about what nitrous does if you don't add fuel with it, if a dude tells you he's putting even a 30 shot without adding fuel his motor is running so pig rich its probably running like shit without nitrous
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline SLEEPERBUSA

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 01:27:41 AM »
I added a 20 shot on an 02 Busa years ago with no changes at all. Never had a problem.
208.6mph/ Texas Mile. 10/24/2010