GENERAL > MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE

Remembering The Bill Warner aka Mr.311 MPH

(1/39) > >>

TrickTom1:
Please check out Tim Hailey's website:  http://eatmyink.com/

If anyone would like to donate to Bill Warner’s family to help out in this tragic time, please send payment through paypal and select “Gift” to: nickelcityracing@persona.ca     
Thank you all in advance,
Tom Gates

I lost a close friend today and I'm still having a hard time processing it. There are so many things bouncing around in my head and so many things to say. I have been around racing my entire life and he was the greatest racer that I have ever known. He looked at things differently than everyone else and this is what put him on that other level. His Mile racing was incredible: 200mph VMax, 1st Busa: 255 mph naked, 278mph faired, 2nd Busa 296MPH & 311 MPH in the 1.5.

I hoped that he would have stopped racing after his first accident but he had a plan and there was no changing his mind. He was ready to be done with racing and wanted to get "The Big Number" in the Mile first. I hoped that he would have done it this past Friday right out of the trailer. He would then sell the bike and be totally focused on operating his next project, the Houston Mile. He already had so many great ideas and things in place to make it the best mile event out there.

I asked him again Friday night if he was ready to move on and he said yes, this thing is too fast and is going to kill me. I regret not being with my friend on his last days here.  :whaa:

Bill's sister asked me to share:

Enea Family Funeral Home, 24 W Monroe Street Little Falls New York 13365  viewing Friday 4pm-7pm.  (315) 823-2424 Funeral services at: Holy Family Parish 763 E Main Street, Little Falls, NY Saturday 9:30am     Tommy will you post this or tell people that might want to know, if you think it's appropriate.  Thank you.

Mike-Nightrider:
Terrible news Tom.

Godspeed Bill. ll never forget you.
Im lost of words  :(

Mikey

knecum:

--- Quote from: TrickTom1 on July 14, 2013, 01:29:34 PM ---I lost a close friend today and I'm still having a hard time processing it. There are so many things bouncing around in my head and so many things to say. I have been around racing my entire life and he was the greatest racer that I have ever known. He looked at things differently than everyone else and this is what put him on that other level. His Mile racing was incredible: 200mph VMax, 1st Busa: 255 mph naked, 278mph faired, 2nd Busa 296MPH & 311 MPH in the 1.5.

I hoped that he would have stopped racing after his first accident but he had a plan and there was no changing his mind. He was ready to be done with racing and wanted to get "The Big Number" in the Mile first. I hoped that he would have done it this past Friday right out of the trailer. He would then sell the bike and be totally focused on operating his next project, the Houston Mile. He already had so many great ideas and things in place to make it the best mile event out there.

I asked him again Friday night if he was ready to move on and he said yes, this thing is too fast and is going to kill me. I regret not being with my friend on his last days here.  :whaa: :thumb:

R.I.P. MR.311  You'll be missed, and always remembered!!
--- End quote ---

smithabusa:
Oh my god  :(

rotts4u:
He made his mark on this sport in a big way for sure. I will miss him and his smiling face. Godspeed Bill !!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version