Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gen 2 seats  (Read 22773 times)

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
Gen 2 seats
« on: August 17, 2013, 07:21:00 AM »
Would like to see some pics of the after market seats u r using. Want to get some btr riding seats for my Gen 2. Just not thrilled with the stock seats at all, exspecially on long rides. Want something more comfortable.

Really like this new Gen 2 bike, but u know I miss my old bike too.

Thanks
1981 Camaro Z28
1994 Harley-Davidson Sportster
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette
Replacment: 2011 Hayabusa
Stolen: 2004 Hayabusa LE Turbo

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Gen 2 seats
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 07:33:46 AM »
Howdy Dave,

I went the Lee/New Image route again,super comfortable and now has a material/color called Black Vision that comes close to matching the color/texture of the frame. :thumb:

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 08:10:10 AM »
Nice looking bike  :thumb:   U going turbo again ?  I think I'm going leave as is for now. Kind of like having a bike that can be ridden more.  I know I have to get rid of these stock seats.  Also I want to add some some slip on's. Just not sure yet which ones, want something with the carbon fiber look.  Other that not sure,  I see some ppl have changed their handle bars to the helibars, but not sure about those.

Who knows maybe after I get tried of it I might go turbo again.   :tu:
1981 Camaro Z28
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 08:47:15 AM »
Nah,i'm over the turbo thing,i get enough out of this for the riding i do out here with all the congested freeways and jaunts through the mountains,etc.(and it never has to be fiddled with,just gas up and go :lol:).

I put Heli-Bars on this one(have had them on all three of my Busas now)awhile back when i added a Brocks top tree and in my opinion they do add to the comfort level...especially since my fat ass ballooned up to 255-260 lbs. and my gut kinda shortens my reach. :hys:

Pic shows the left Heli-Bar installed for comparison with the right stock bar;

Also added a EK ZVX2 chain,Vortex CAT5 44T sprocket,T-Rex lowering kick stand,Puig double bubble,etc. just to dress it up a bit.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 09:05:39 AM »
I'm with u on that,  I like the gas and go,  like not having to worry about anything.  Ill check onto the bars too. 
1981 Camaro Z28
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 09:23:22 AM »
Good to see you back on a bike bro,i know that whole ordeal/loss you went through had to stress you out big time.

Waitin' right now for a couple guys to show up and go ridin' around the hills(one has a 2013 ZX-14 that Johnnycheese just flashed the ECU on and picked up a bunch of power...thanks Johnny :lol: :thumb:).

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 09:35:28 AM »
Have fun on ur ride today, heading to a gun show  :tu:   This new bike is so comfortable compared to my other bike.  Like not worrying about bumps or scraping,  :lol:  leaving this one at the regular ride height not lowering or extending this one.  I want to ride and enjoy.
1981 Camaro Z28
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 09:48:41 AM »
You have a good one too bro. :thumb:

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 10:15:39 AM »
Be safe buddy on ur ride today,  will check back later
1981 Camaro Z28
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 10:21:49 AM »
I'm not waitin' any longer on the slackers(8:25AM here :lol:)so i'm off on my own in 5 mins.,talk to ya later bro. :thumb:

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 05:04:06 PM »
I'm not waitin' any longer on the slackers(8:25AM here :lol:)so i'm off on my own in 5 mins.,talk to ya later bro. :thumb:
I think your sneaking out to go visit the seal, then take to the far buoy for a dinner of shrimp, :lol:
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 05:11:36 PM »
You guys know what, this computer action ain't makin it and a ride sounds like a dam good idea, wait a bit till it cools off some, maybe 8ish :thumb:
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 06:15:06 PM »
I think your sneaking out to go visit the seal, then take to the far buoy for a dinner of shrimp, :lol:

:lol:

...they showed up at the house 10 minutes after i left. :lol:Just rode up to above Lake Elsinore to check out the fire damage from last week,toasted shit pretty good to about 1/2 way up and melted/burnt up a bunch of the guardrails,etc.Hotter'n a sonofabitch out here(was 91 at 10:00AM when i got home and 98 right now at 4:10PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b9qT0ZqIUw

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 08:52:08 PM »

...they showed up at the house 10 minutes after i left. :lol:Just rode up to above Lake Elsinore to check out the fire damage from last week,toasted shit pretty good to about 1/2 way up and melted/burnt up a bunch of the guardrails,etc.Hotter'n a sonofabitch out here(was 91 at 10:00AM when i got home and 98 right now at 4:10PM.

I guess I kind of dozed off while on the computer a while ago mama was out walking the dog and they came back in I was fixin to go out for a while and she said its raining, while generaly I don't  get my panties in a wad cause of rain but the busa's been laid up for a while and I was wanting to get out and chase cops or something :lol: nhra qualifying will be on in a while if I don't doze off again

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 08:58:55 PM »
Well back from the gun show, bought another handgun today can't ever have to many around  :tu:  so how was the ride today?  Saw a lot  of bikes out today, wish I rode today.  Maybe tomorrow ill get out for a few.
1981 Camaro Z28
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 09:00:41 PM »
Like the mods u did to ur bike.  Think ill do the seats then the handle bars then slip on's
1981 Camaro Z28
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2013, 09:31:40 PM »

I guess I kind of dozed off while on the computer a while ago mama was out walking the dog and they came back in I was fixin to go out for a while and she said its raining, while generaly I don't  get my panties in a wad cause of rain but the busa's been laid up for a while and I was wanting to get out and chase cops or something :lol: nhra qualifying will be on in a while if I don't doze off again

Man,we could use some rain out here,only had 5" over the last 12 months(and that's what she said :lol:).

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2013, 09:41:09 PM »
Well back from the gun show, bought another handgun today can't ever have to many around  :tu:  so how was the ride today?  Saw a lot  of bikes out today, wish I rode today.  Maybe tomorrow ill get out for a few.

Man,i haven't been shootin' in so long i'd probably shoot my damned self. :lol:

Rode up the hill and back,was home by 10:00AM.Had a friend wad his all up dickin' around on the curves up in Big Bear,those guardrails(when slidin' into 'em at 70 mph)don't have much give. :lol:He's ok,but the bike ain't gonna buff out.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 10:19:09 PM »
Hey Dave, what did you get today? I kind of slacked off on the guns for a while, bikes been taking any spare money and then some, besides its not like I really need another gun, problem is when your taste's in guns go up as in they cost more (sometimes a lot more) you tend not to buy as many, had a dozen Glocks a couple years ago then got interested in 1911s, and I found out that for one nice 1911 Colt or Kimber it costs about two and a Half Glocks, and naturally you got to have at least one useless gun, and I meen useless except for making a ton of noise and scaring all the ladies at the range (S&W500 mag), and ever since shooting cheap ammos been tough to get, so we have not been out much at all, I could have had RCC build me a 600HP turbo bike with him supplying the bike for what I spent on guns in the last few years :|

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 11:03:22 PM »
I went with the New Image seat but the process could have been smoother....

CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2013, 11:27:36 PM »
Nice bike, really like that seat. Smoother process?.
1981 Camaro Z28
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2013, 11:35:22 PM »

Man,i haven't been shootin' in so long i'd probably shoot my damned self. :lol:

Rode up the hill and back,was home by 10:00AM.Had a friend wad his all up dickin' around on the curves up in Big Bear,those guardrails(when slidin' into 'em at 70 mph)don't have much give. :lol:He's ok,but the bike ain't gonna buff out.

LOL

I try to go to the range every two weeks at least. 

Glad you had a good ride today. I'm looking to try and get out tomorrow for awhile. I'll see what happens.
1981 Camaro Z28
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2013, 11:41:22 PM »
Hey Dave, what did you get today? I kind of slacked off on the guns for a while, bikes been taking any spare money and then some, besides its not like I really need another gun, problem is when your taste's in guns go up as in they cost more (sometimes a lot more) you tend not to buy as many, had a dozen Glocks a couple years ago then got interested in 1911s, and I found out that for one nice 1911 Colt or Kimber it costs about two and a Half Glocks, and naturally you got to have at least one useless gun, and I meen useless except for making a ton of noise and scaring all the ladies at the range (S&W500 mag), and ever since shooting cheap ammos been tough to get, so we have not been out much at all, I could have had RCC build me a 600HP turbo bike with him supplying the bike for what I spent on guns in the last few years :|

Got a sig today. Was looking at a ar but I saw this ak and said I'll hold off for right now. They had a nice 50 cal there I wanted.   :tu:

I hear you, going to another show next month. Most likely I'll get two more hand guns and a Mosin-Nagant.   
1981 Camaro Z28
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2013, 11:43:52 PM »
Nice bike, really like that seat. Smoother process?.

I'll write a review once I get everything back.  I'm still waiting on the hump pad and the initial order began back in February to give you an idea...
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2013, 12:01:44 AM »
 :tu:

Thanks.
1981 Camaro Z28
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1