Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gen 2 seats  (Read 22803 times)

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Gen 2 seats
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2013, 07:22:06 AM »
Well back from the gun show, bought another handgun today can't ever have to many around  :tu:  so how was the ride today?  Saw a lot  of bikes out today, wish I rode today.  Maybe tomorrow ill get out for a few.
Hey Dave, what did you get today? I kind of slacked off on the guns for a while, bikes been taking any spare money and then some, besides its not like I really need another gun, problem is when your taste's in guns go up as in they cost more (sometimes a lot more) you tend not to buy as many, had a dozen Glocks a couple years ago then got interested in 1911s, and I found out that for one nice 1911 Colt or Kimber it costs about two and a Half Glocks, and naturally you got to have at least one useless gun, and I meen useless except for making a ton of noise and scaring all the ladies at the range (S&W500 mag), and ever since shooting cheap ammos been tough to get, so we have not been out much at all, I could have had RCC build me a 600HP turbo bike with him supplying the bike for what I spent on guns in the last few years :|

Got a sig today. Was looking at a ar but I saw this ak and said I'll hold off for right now. They had a nice 50 cal there I wanted.   :tu:

I hear you, going to another show next month. Most likely I'll get two more hand guns and a Mosin-Nagant.
Sigs are great guns, had a 220 and a 226, a bit heavy to carry but shoot great, the 50s are cool be a pistol or a 50 BMG rifle but you really need your own land to shoot them to there potential, and the ammo will break the bank if you shoot much, when I got out of the race car you could buy 9mm for 7-8 dollars a box of 50 now look what it is :( if your buying handguns just to go shoot and play with about anything that fits your hand good will do, but if your buying to keep/investment sort of thing the sig is good but also look into S&W revolvers, and good name 1911s, Colts, Kimbers, Springfields, the real high end stuff is nuts and your paying to much for a name,  and you will have a ball with a Mosin, just look it over real close, having a good bore is super important for good accuracy, they still shoot good but if you want something of sniper rifle quality it must have a good bore, I had 5 just kept one,  refinished the stock myself and put on  a nice scope setup (golf balls at 220yds) off a rest of course, I cant hold my pecker that still if I had to :lol: and on a AK, most are good but ck it out inside and out or bring someone with you that knows them, ARs are finaly coming back down in price a bit, they got crazy for a while and if I was smart should have sold out then rebought would made a ton, before the school shooting I could get plane jane AR for 550-650 then within a couple of weeks that very same gun was 1200-1500 if you could find them
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Amode

• Rider
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 10:43:36 PM »
Howdy Dave,

I went the Lee/New Image route again,super comfortable and now has a material/color called Black Vision that comes close to matching the color/texture of the frame. :thumb:

How do you guys ride in seats like that.

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 10:55:19 PM »

They are actually 100X more comfy than stock.  Unless you are 300lbs+, then it probably won't matter what seat you have... :lol:
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 06:01:06 AM »

They are actually 100X more comfy than stock.  Unless you are 300lbs+, then it probably won't matter what seat you have... :lol:

:lol:

Right,i had one for 3 years on my last Gen I and now for 2 years on this 2011 and very comfortable(and i'm hovering around 255-260 :lol:). :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline bouncer

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2013, 08:49:12 AM »
Hey! I'm at 285-290 so I'm under that mark and yes I love my new image seats lol my only issue I've had is stitch fading. I have an 08 orange and he had a wonderful matching thread for the embroidery but damn stuff fades and now looks pink haha oh well

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • -John- Middleofnowhere, Nebraska
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2013, 08:53:57 AM »
Has anyone compared a new image seat to Corbin?

I have had a Corbin since they were released for the gen 2 and have been thinking about trying something different.

"You can not escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2013, 05:35:12 PM »
Hey! I'm at 285-290 so I'm under that mark and yes I love my new image seats lol my only issue I've had is stitch fading. I have an 08 orange and he had a wonderful matching thread for the embroidery but damn stuff fades and now looks pink haha oh well

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 05:37:39 PM »

I have had a Corbin since they were released for the gen 2 and have been thinking about trying something different.

Damn,what's up Flats?Haven't heard from you in so long i'd figured you'd gone out back to take a dump and the hogs ate ya. :lol:

(never tried a Corbin bro)

Offline Amode

• Rider
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2013, 11:14:56 PM »
Here is my seat for long rides.

Offline bouncer

• Rider
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2013, 04:26:10 AM »
lol drink less beer and turn that thing around

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2013, 05:21:56 AM »
 :hys: :thumb:

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2013, 08:32:07 AM »
Looks like a very uncomfortable ride if u ask me lol
1981 Camaro Z28
1994 Harley-Davidson Sportster
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette
Replacment: 2011 Hayabusa
Stolen: 2004 Hayabusa LE Turbo

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2013, 11:07:16 AM »

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2013, 11:38:15 AM »

Damn,what's up Flats?Haven't heard from you in so long i'd figured you'd gone out back to take a dump and the hogs ate ya. :lol:

(never tried a Corbin bro)

Na I'm still around, although I need to post up more, still riding the orange '08 (finally rolled it over to 20,000 mile).
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2013, 11:40:33 AM »
Here is my seat for long rides.

What brand? looks different than my corbin.

How do you ride your scooter backwards and drink that beer? :P   That'd be a trick to see. :hys:
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2013, 12:32:19 PM »
 :hys: :thumb:

Offline Amode

• Rider
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2013, 06:36:10 PM »
Bill Mayer Saddles
Ojai, Ca.
805-640-9146

Offline FlatlandBusa

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore