Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Stroker Cranks  (Read 4001 times)

Offline ninjafreek

• Rider
Stroker Cranks
« on: June 30, 2013, 08:08:36 PM »
It seems like most  people use Marine Crankshaft, How about the ape crankshafts
I have bought several items from ape and always pleased, Just wandering if there is a difference in what they sell or the prep.
On say a  a 5mil  crank.

Offline Jay

• Post Master
Re: Stroker Cranks
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 04:00:04 PM »
We do all the machining and balancing in house. Rest is farmed out.  Our strokers are balanced to less than 1/3 gram.

We have a couple of 70mm weld up in stock that were done on new Gen 2 cores. For sale outright.

Offline entropy

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 02:19:49 PM »
We do all the machining and balancing in house. Rest is farmed out...

Jay,
you KNOW I am a big fan of APE, but unless you have dramatically expanded your shop capabilities, don't you only machine as required to balance?
I didn't think APE did any crank stroking or crank repair (like Marine does).
karl
Often wrong, but never unsure!!!!!

Offline Jay

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 04:17:24 PM »
All the lightening of the cranks is done here. That is what the big lathe over by the balancer is for. (You have been here )  We don't weld, grind or heat treat. Those three things we farm out.

Offline entropy

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 04:37:44 PM »
All the lightening of the cranks is done here. That is what the big lathe over by the balancer is for. (You have been here )  We don't weld, grind or heat treat. Those three things we farm out.

I am happy as hell to have been to yr facility TWICE!!!  Beautiful facility built from the ground up by Jay & his family.
Long damn drive from Houston, but worth it.   :thumb:
Often wrong, but never unsure!!!!!

Offline Abusive

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 06:12:09 PM »
Not sure about the details of who does what part of the crank but I'll tell you this, if it is purchased from Jay at APE you can't get better customer service! He will continue to get all my business, he's a stand up guy and there's not many shops that provide top self service!

Offline speedduck

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 02:01:18 PM »
I agree, what i have learned so far. Now i am testing that reputation, i hope it stays.