Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Different VP Race Fuels with different levels of Nitrous.  (Read 6466 times)

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
Different VP Race Fuels with different levels of Nitrous.
« on: July 17, 2013, 01:35:00 PM »
O.K. the question was posed to me the other day of why I was using C16 and not something else.  I know why I don't use Q16, because I believe I am nearing the limits of my injectors on C16, but I can't give a reason for anything else.  I use C16 because it is available and it seems fine with nitrous, but I do know it does rob power NA and I'm not sure if anything else is better?

So what is differces between C16, C23, NO2, and Import?  And what is the nitrous limit of each?  Is it o.k. to spray 150-200 HP with C16 or do you need C23?  Does NO2 make more power with same amount of spray and does it reduce the cylinder temps?  Is Import just good for the boosted folks?
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350

Offline Bim28

• Rider
  • Where am I?
Re: Different VP Race Fuels with different levels of Nitrous.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 08:09:02 AM »
That's a good question. I'm switching to C16 also. C23 is specially made for nitrous. VP import is oxygenated so I would guess it makes more power. I think that's the fuel of choice for the pro mod bikes.

Offline jarim

• Rider
  • +220mph
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 05:49:04 AM »
We have been driving our bike with VP MS109. Also we have water/methanol injection in parallel which helps the cooling. We have also studied the engine design quite a lot with help of Kistler combustion chamber pressure analyzer. Big advantages also in EGT when you get the peak pressure timing in the correct time.
BUSANISTIT +200 MPH CLUB FINLAND
Jari // GSX1400R '0x

Offline RansomT

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 09:09:22 AM »
We have been driving our bike with VP MS109. Also we have water/methanol injection in parallel which helps the cooling. We have also studied the engine design quite a lot with help of Kistler combustion chamber pressure analyzer. Big advantages also in EGT when you get the peak pressure timing in the correct time.

Agree'd with the timing. I've found that when using C16 (and probably Q16, VP Import, and MS109) you can push past MBT, which causes EGTs to raise.  The Busa, especially with headwork, has a very large "plateau" of timing around MBT which masks where minimum timing is actually located.  In addition, too lazy on the timing also causes EGTs to go through the roof.

I've also found out recently that Q16 is basically C16 with 100% Methanol added.  Which is why you have to add a ton of fuel to tune and why it protects as well as it does.  I'm now wondering about the effectiveness of VP Import.
Fastest 1.5-Mile Pass - 252.222
Fastest 1-Mile Pass - 244.2997
Half Mile - 211.47
Fastest Nitrous Bike
Production Bike
211.079 LTA. P/P 1350