Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Woodbridge England.  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Ken 12r

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
Woodbridge England.
« on: September 13, 2013, 06:46:38 AM »
After an absence from our racing calender for several years a clean up by the owners means we return to Woodbridge this weekend 14th/15th September for our last weekend event this year.
Track record for the mile stands at 250 mph by Jack Frost and he is back looking to improve along with all the usual suspects.Weather forecast is a bit mixed with a few showers of rain around mostly Saturday but we will see what we can do.
Report to follow next week when I get back.

Offline entropy

• Mad Post Whore
Re: Woodbridge England.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 02:32:58 AM »
looking forward to results! :thumb:
Often wrong, but never unsure!!!!!

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 11:38:52 AM »
How did it go?
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline Ken 12r

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 12:11:24 PM »
It started off very wet on Friday/Saturday as per the forecast and although we started running early afternoon the track was never really dry until late afternoon so very few speeds were recorded over 200mph plus we had a 12mph to 15mph crosswind which does not help.
Sunday morning was dry with a heavy dew on the ground and a 6 to 8 mph wind that was mostly threequarters tail and it soon dried the damp off and improved grip but it was fairly cool around 65 F at best so grip was still an issue for most of the bigger power bikes although the wind increased to around 15/18 mph with stronger gusts later but was swirling around a little so not perfect.
fastest time of the meeting was Jack Frost  well off his track record with 237.7 mph late in the day with British record holder Mike Grainger second at 230.1 mph Jo (tinkerbelle) Stevenson at 228.7 mph Myself 228.2 mph Becci (angelpaws) Ellis 227.3 mph Mike Merse over from Germany riding his "street bike" 223.5 mph Les Marsh with a new personal best of 222.2 mph exactly the same as Richard Warlow having a guest ride on my bike as he blew the motor on his first run Sunday AM,Merrill Corbett riding another of Frostys Holeshot bikes 219.5 mph Barry Miller 208.6 mph on a turbo Busa completed the over 200 in the mile group.
We also ran an extra quarter of a mile on another speed trap over the same course and interestingly very few of the turbo bikes ran any faster but the "Class two" stock with bolt on extras only had Bob Clegg 202.4 mph Phil Lovatt 200.9 mph Mike Grainger 200.2 mph all on Zx14r so I think this shows the tricky conditions over the weekend.
Fastest "built" big bore was Barry Miller on his own Busa at 205.1 mph and new rider to top speed Paul Callow was fastest nitrous bike at 197.6 mph.
around 2:30 pm on Sunday the wind started to increase with a few spots of rain so the decision was taken by the organisers to stop there as the forecast was for much worse weather on the way which proved to be a good call as within an hour it was much worse.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 12:13:00 PM by Ken 12r »

Offline speedduck

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 01:32:22 PM »
Thanks Ken, we will get back to the UK tracks next year, let`s hope for good weather.

Offline entropy

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 02:48:35 PM »
Thanks Ken; i just gave yr excellent info a lil editing:

It started off very wet on Friday/Saturday as per the forecast and although we started running early afternoon the track was never really dry until late afternoon so very few speeds were recorded over 200mph plus we had a 12mph to 15mph crosswind which does not help.

Sunday morning was dry with a heavy dew on the ground and a 6 to 8 mph wind that was mostly threequarters tail and it soon dried the damp off and improved grip but it was fairly cool around 65 F at best so grip was still an issue for most of the bigger power bikes although the wind increased to around 15/18 mph with stronger gusts later but was swirling around a little so not perfect.

fastest time of the meeting was Jack Frost  well off his track record with 237.7 mph late in the day with
British record holder Mike Grainger second at 230.1 mph
Jo (tinkerbelle) Stevenson at 228.7 mph
Myself 228.2 mph
Becci (angelpaws) Ellis 227.3 mph
Mike Merse over from Germany riding his "street bike" 223.5 mph
Les Marsh with a new personal best of 222.2 mph
     (exactly the same as Richard Warlow having a guest ride on my bike as he blew the motor on his first run Sunday AM,
Merrill Corbett riding another of Frostys Holeshot bikes 219.5 mph
Barry Miller 208.6 mph on a turbo Busa completed the over 200 in the mile group.

We also ran an extra quarter of a mile on another speed trap over the same course and interestingly very few of the turbo bikes ran any faster but:

"Class two" stock with bolt on extras only had
Bob Clegg 202.4 mph
Phil Lovatt 200.9 mph
Mike Grainger 200.2 mph all on Zx14r so I think this shows the tricky conditions over the weekend.

Fastest "built" big bore was Barry Miller on his own Busa at 205.1 mph and
new rider to top speed Paul Callow was fastest nitrous bike at 197.6 mph.

around 2:30 pm on Sunday the wind started to increase with a few spots of rain so the decision was taken by the organisers to stop there as the forecast was for much worse weather on the way which proved to be a good call as within an hour it was much worse.

:D :D :D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 02:50:49 PM by entropy »
Often wrong, but never unsure!!!!!

Offline sleeper450

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 07:32:22 AM »
fastest time of the meeting was Jack Frost  well off his track record with 237.7 mph late in the day with British record holder Mike Grainger second at 230.1 mph Jo (tinkerbelle) Stevenson at 228.7 mph Myself 228.2 mph Becci (angelpaws) Ellis 227.3 mph Mike Merse over from Germany riding his "street bike" 223.5 mph Les Marsh with a new personal best of 222.2 mph exactly the same as Richard Warlow having a guest ride on my bike as he blew the motor on his first run Sunday AM,Merrill Corbett riding another of Frostys Holeshot bikes 219.5 mph Barry Miller 208.6 mph on a turbo Busa completed the over 200 in the mile group.We also ran an extra quarter of a mile on another speed trap over the same course and interestingly very few of the turbo bikes ran any faster but the "Class two" stock with bolt on extras only had Bob Clegg 202.4 mph Phil Lovatt 200.9 mph Mike Grainger 200.2 mph all on Zx14r so I think this shows the tricky conditions over the weekend.
Fastest "built" big bore was Barry Miller on his own Busa at 205.1 mph and new rider to top speed Paul Callow was fastest nitrous bike at 197.6 mph.

I think you may have missed at least 1 more off there Kenneth  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline Ken 12r

• Rider
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 10:42:41 AM »
Yes you are right Tony but for some reason you are not on my list but it should read :-
No 102 Tony Foster Hayabusa Turbo 216.5 mph in the mile  :thumb:

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 01:12:03 PM »
Congrats folks!  :thumb:  Dean

Offline osti33

• Post Master
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 08:07:56 AM »
Congrats folks!  :thumb:  Dean

+1

Congrats everyone.
2 Club member x 5
Bonneville, Loring, ECTA, Texas, Mojave

Offline Mike-Nightrider

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 02:33:14 AM »
That was a great weekend  :tu:
Thanks to the organizers and all the good guys and gals who made that event possible

Mike
Dragraceteam NIGHTRIDER
1/8: 5.101s..........1/4: 7.801s
227.7mph Woodbridge/GB 2013