Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 1st Time At Mojave  (Read 9397 times)

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
1st Time At Mojave
« on: April 11, 2014, 08:42:58 AM »
Have a friend(Adam)running at Mojave for the first time this weekend(or at any LSR event)both Sat. and Sun. and would really appreciate it if any of you guys might be able to stop by and say hi,and give him any tips,pointers,etc. on running.He'll be in a black truck with graphics plastered all over it(does them as a sideline,and you can't miss the truck :lol:)and has a black ZX-14).Was planning on riding up myself to hang out and bullshit but as of now not sure if I'll be able to make the trip.

Thanks guys,
Jeff
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Johnnnycheese

• Post Master
Re: 1st Time At Mojave
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 09:29:03 AM »
Jeff like I told him just have FUN and get your feet wet, don't get hung up on MPH go have FUN
Official Site Tuner
Builder and tuner of some of the FASTEST motorcycle in the world
www.johnnycheese.com

Offline firemanjim

• Post Whore
    • Black Art Racing
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 11:36:33 AM »
We will take a look for him. Will be there with Dave Damon and Bob White-- all on Busas. Headed out soon.
Official Site Tuner

Home of one of the fastest 750cc bikes in the world
239MPH faired, 217MPH naked!
Bonneville 200 Club
El Mirage 200 Club
Mojave Mile 200 Club
Mojave Magnum 200 Club
NEDRA 100 MPH Club
Gairdner 200MPH Achiever 2013
2014 1st place Mojave Mile N/A bike
2015 top speed trophy at WOS
Colorado mile 200 MPH club
2017 DLRA 200 MPH club
2018 Shift Sector 200 MPH Club

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 12:51:08 PM »
Glad to see JC is keeping up from across the big pond! :D
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph
HP by Carpenter & Johnny Cheese  Engine by Knecum
SponsersCATALYST COMPOSITES,JOHNNY CHEESE,KNECUM RACING ENGINES,MURRAY EXHAUST,CARPENTER RACING

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 03:25:52 PM »
Jeff like I told him just have FUN and get your feet wet, don't get hung up on MPH go have FUN

Thanks Johnny. :tu:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 03:30:53 PM »
We will take a look for him. Will be there with Dave Damon and Bob White-- all on Busas. Headed out soon.

Thanks a lot guys,good to know he won't be on his own out there.I'm sure he'll have a few questions about things like tire pressures,leaving the line,etc. so good to know you guys will be lookin' out for him. :tu:

Hell,I might get a wild hair up my ass and head up that way in the morning...the ride there doesn't bother me,but the ride home kicks my old ass. :lol:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 03:31:56 PM »

:tu:

You goin' Fred?

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 03:43:07 PM »
No Jeff, I am recuperating from back surgery. I wont be riding this year. JC and Brenda will be riding my bikes at World of Speed. I will be there as support and whatever. :D I am planning to ride at several events next year.
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph
SponsersCATALYST COMPOSITES,JOHNNY CHEESE,KNECUM RACING ENGINES,MURRAY EXHAUST,CARPENTER RACING

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 04:49:30 PM »
Ah shit,at least if you were goin' I wouldn't be the oldest bastid there. :hys:

Well heal up soon Fred and I'll catch ya on the next round. :tu:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 04:54:26 PM »

Just talked to Adam and he's really gonna appreciate it if you guys will stop by and say hey(otherwise he won't know anybody up there).Also,he'll be drivin' a white Chevy truck(instead of his black one)and his black ZX-14 has the green accents on it so he shouldn't be hard to spot.

Thanks again guys!
Jeff

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 05:27:57 PM »
Thanks Jeff, I am used to being the oldest guy. I will be 71 the next time I hit the track. I want to go lots more than three times my age. 8)
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 05:40:30 PM »
Hell,I'm still a baby,I'll only be 61 in June. :lol:...there's still hope for me then. :thumb:

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 06:24:55 PM »
Hell,I'm still a baby,I'll only be 61 in June. :lol:...there's still hope for me then. :thumb:
Yea but your still only a year ahead of me,  :lol: wish I was there to ride up with ya, if you go just be careful, us old farts go croak fast enough......hey you know what I could make the 4 Wide nationals, that's not that far, think I'l make a couple calls and see who might want to go..........
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline FlaminRoo

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 06:52:38 PM »
 safe speeds to everyone, :D,,

Jim and Dave, "go hard mate",, :D

First Australian to ride a motorcycle 200mph at Bonneville,,

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 07:12:03 PM »
Yea but your still only a year ahead of me,  :lol: wish I was there to ride up with ya, if you go just be careful, us old farts go croak fast enough......hey you know what I could make the 4 Wide nationals, that's not that far, think I'l make a couple calls and see who might want to go..........

Hell,I wish you were too bro,gonna head out of here by 7:00 AM and it's 130 miles so I should be there by 8:30 or so.They're calling for a high(at Mojave)of 78 degrees so weather will be decent.Will catch NHRA qualifying tomorrow after I get home,and take a camera if you go. :thumb:

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 08:49:27 PM »

Hell,I wish you were too bro,gonna head out of here by 7:00 AM and it's 130 miles so I should be there by 8:30 or so.They're calling for a high(at Mojave)of 78 degrees so weather will be decent.Will catch NHRA qualifying tomorrow after I get home,and take a camera if you go. :thumb:
Will do Bud, the last time I saw something like this was at a track in New Jersey, 4 jets, which was probably the coolest thing I ever seen at the drags, now this seems like it was 100 years ago, in fact it is close, it was 42 years ago this season, there were no times and thinking back they didn't even run that fast, but they did make some godawful noise.....to bad stuff like that went the way of fire burnouts and rocket cars
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline 05calibusa

• Rider
    • BusaBob's Racing
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 11:23:20 PM »
We'll keep an eye out for Adam.  Lots of new faces this year and I think there are at lest 25 bikes registered.  I went through tech when they opened at 2:00 and hung out for the meet and greet, but didn't see a black ZX.  If I see him in the pits tomorrow I will stop by an say hi.
Bob
Mojave Mile 2014 - 205.6 mph
Mojave Magnum 2015 - 207.1 mph
BusaBob's Racing
https://sites.google.com/site/busabobsracing/home

Offline Johnnnycheese

• Post Master
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2014, 01:05:48 AM »
the 7 hr differance is a pain. Everyone go FAST and be SAFE :tu:
Official Site Tuner
Builder and tuner of some of the FASTEST motorcycle in the world
www.johnnycheese.com

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2014, 07:59:19 AM »
We'll keep an eye out for Adam.  Lots of new faces this year and I think there are at lest 25 bikes registered.  I went through tech when they opened at 2:00 and hung out for the meet and greet, but didn't see a black ZX.  If I see him in the pits tomorrow I will stop by an say hi.
Bob

Thanks Bob,think he left last night(was putting the front fender on yesterday afternoon last time I talked to him :lol:).Got the bike gassed up and will leave outa here(South Corona)at 7:00 so I should be there around 8:30.Will bring a camera so I can get everybody posted up on the board. :thumb:

Jeff

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2014, 08:00:36 AM »
the 7 hr differance is a pain. Everyone go FAST and be SAFE :tu:

You sure do get around Johnny,where in the hell you at now? :lol: