Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: The way they should have made it.  (Read 32510 times)

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: The way they should have made it.
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2015, 05:35:32 AM »
I bought my Hornet from two friends who rode it two up from CO to IL in 20 something hours(about a 1,000 miles),bet that was an uncomfortable damned ride. :lol:Think I paid $600 for it.

What year was it?  Had to be a 68 or earlier with no Zenier Diode.  I think the 1969 or maybe the 1970 bikes had those Diodes.  If the valve cover on top of your engine was smooth, it was a 65 or earlier...........the fins went on in 66, I believe.  Mine had fins.

We are gonna hafta hook up.  Since you work, and I don't, I will have to purchase an enclosed trailer and haul my scoot out there with my little Ford Fusion and we can do some California riding together.  Ya got a spare room for old Davey?  It could be fun, especially if we went on a group ride with your buds.  I just gotta figure a way to avoid the mountains cuz my car is a 4-banger with a cat-back exhaust and a K&N cold air intake, and light alloy wheels with racing springs/lowering kit and it can only pull 2,000 lbs on level ground.  Is there a route that would do that/keep me from having to burn up my automatic tranny?  Car is a 2013 with 27K on it and I run Alisyn Less than zero in it with Petron............runs great.

Mine was a '67,and we have plenty of room bro,come on out whenever you're ready. :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2015, 12:01:32 PM »
Would I-40 keep me South far enuf to avoid the mountains?  I have not driven it out there in decades.  I-40 is about 1 1/2 miles from the end of my driveway.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 03:51:28 PM by Ghost-Geezer »
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2015, 06:39:00 PM »
I'm comin' in the Spring..............we can iron out the details later.  Might be my last trip to the left coast...........gettin' up in years.  I figure I could make about 500 a day comfortably...........that is 6 days.  Could work out, IMO.

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2015, 08:18:27 PM »
I'm thinkin' you'd hit mountains somewhere along the line,see you in the spring. :lol: :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2015, 09:03:12 PM »
Would I-40 keep me South far enuf to avoid the mountains?  I have not driven it out there in decades.  I-40 is about 1 1/2 miles from the end of my driveway.
I think I got you beat there, I-40 is maybe 1/4 mile out my door maybe less :lol: and you'l have to pass by me going to Jeffs,...........sorry about the weather that really sucks
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2015, 10:35:08 AM »
I think I got you beat there, I-40 is maybe 1/4 mile out my door maybe less :lol: and you'l have to pass by me going to Jeffs,...........sorry about the weather that really sucks

I'll stop by and buy ya a cheeseburger.  :tu:  My treat, had a financial windfall recently.  :wink:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 10:29:46 AM by Ghost-Geezer »

"Step UP or Step Aside"

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2015, 12:00:10 PM »
Here is a nice build for ya.  Can't be beat, IMO. 

"Step UP or Step Aside"