Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: NEED HELP WITH A FI CODE!! C44 heated o2 sensor?  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Chance

• Rider
NEED HELP WITH A FI CODE!! C44 heated o2 sensor?
« on: April 26, 2014, 04:42:00 PM »
Fellas I need some help here. Just finished getting my swb gen2 painted and putting it back together. Had some older MRXO1 in an older but sealed can so I put it in the tank. Buttoned it and started it, after about 5 sec the FI light came on and staying on. Threw code C44 for the heated o2 sensors.

Only thing that I did was:
Installed hid's low and hi's
Painted my ceramic coated pipe w/ black gloss engine paint

That's it. Has always ran perfect with no probs. I have not ridden it to see if the code would go away yet as we'll. It's starts and running fine when revving up?

I'm stumped here. Any ideas on what this could be?

Offline MJ Williams

• Post Whore
Re: NEED HELP WITH A FI CODE!! C44 heated o2 sensor?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 09:28:50 PM »
Possibly using MRX01 you "poisoned" your O2 sensor with the lead. If you are still using the stock sensor they operate in a narrow tolerance range so it maybe it is enough to throw a code. Try turning off the O2 sensor with the ECU Editor and see what happens. If you don't have the Editor get one of those jumper connectors for the sensor and see if the code goes away.
Have a Harley, spent lots of money on it, thought I had a fast motorcycle, bought a Busa, realized all I had was a fast Harley, not a fast motorcycle!

Offline Chance

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 10:48:26 PM »
All that has ever been ran on has been mrxo1 and 93. So I idk if that would been it. It has the connector for the sensor. Don't have ecu editor or know of anyone running it in my area

Offline wildphil69

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 09:34:05 AM »
i have 2 jumpers for sale. no idea what they are worth
Nitrous is like a hot chick with STD'S...You know you wanna hit it but your just not sure of the consequences.